Sign in to follow this  
CKAJCA

Minimise button above Pwr button problem

Hi folks

I classify myself as reasonably intelligent. I was a real world pilot in a past life but that button above the Pwr button has me totally confused. For the life of me I cannot get it to do what I want.

I have the map showing above, along with the flight plan WPT, DIST, DTK etc. I then click on the down facing minimise button (I dont know what else to call the stupid thing) and I have a black screen apart from the flight plan WPT, DIST, DTK etc at the top of the screen.

I have watched the YouTube video to set the minimise button so when you click on it the only part visible is the bottom comms panel but no matter what I do I cannot get the stupid thing to work.

I apologise for my frustration but that button is driving me to become an alcoholic.

Can anyone give me an absolute idiots step by step guide on setting it up?

I think my problem in setting it up has something to do with the Windows minimise/maximise, if that is of any help.

Regards Colin

P.S. Pilot2ATC is developing into a great program apart from that button hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Edited by CKAJCA

From what you're describing, I suspect you have the main P2A window maximized (Square button pressed in upper right Windows control bar).  That prevents the window from resizing.

Just take the window out of Maximized mode.  Then when you press the Minimize button, and the map and flight plan disappear, resize and move the minimized window to what you want.  Then press the Up pointing (Restore) button, and size/position the full window where you want it. 

Just don't use the Windows Maximize button and you'll be OK.

Dave

17 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

From what you're describing, I suspect you have the main P2A window maximized (Square button pressed in upper right Windows control bar).  That prevents the window from resizing.

Just take the window out of Maximized mode.  Then when you press the Minimize button, and the map and flight plan disappear, resize and move the minimized window to what you want.  Then press the Up pointing (Restore) button, and size/position the full window where you want it. 

Just don't use the Windows Maximize button and you'll be OK.

Dave

Thanks Dave, that was my problem. It is easy when you know how hahaha!