Sign in to follow this  
dookster49

Transition to Prepar3D

I have used the FSX and FS-Steam platform for many years, but would like to upgrade or transition to the P3D platform. However, there are so many options on the pricing page (license) that I’m really not sure which is best for me. My goal is to incorporate a simulator that will enable me to fly the new Aerosoft Airbus Professional Series, which will not operate in the FS-Steam environment. I will appreciate any recommendations from experienced P3D users. Thanks!

Just get the Academic license to start unless you are looking for more advanced military options. And you can always change down the road should the need arise.
The AS Bus family works in Academic.

Edited by Psybear

Only you can decide which purchase option is best for you. Moreover, there've been several quite heated arguments about that here on Avsim, and other forums; as a result, it's actually against the forum rules to enter into detailed discussions about the various pricing plans for P3D.

All I can suggest is to read the EULAs carefully and see if you qualify for the restrictions some of those options place on usage, and if you don't qualify, then look at the next option at the price which suits you best. There will be one or more which suits you, but as I say, only you can determine which that is.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Welcome to AVSIM.  Alan pretty well summed it up, and with that I'm going to lock this thread.

Regards

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case