Sign in to follow this  
Dbarnea

several questions

Hello,

Such a great site and great forum.I use it a lot. 

couple of questions please.

The first is related to PDMG 737. I used to get a beep sound when the plane descended to 10K feet (a reminder to turn on the landing light). I don't get it anymore. Any idea ?

The second is related to performance. When I start P3D, everything works smoothly. However, if I leave it just as is, without doing anything, not even turn on the engines, several hours later the FPS drops to like 7-8. Just like that. Without me doing anything, just keeping the sim running.

I have i7-8700K, Nvidia 1080, AS, ASCA, ORBX. Yes, the whole deal, but again, it's all fine like in the first 3-4 hours. Then, FPS drops considerably. any idea here ?

P3D v4.3.

Thanks,

Doron.

2.png

First thought that come to my mind is CPU temps, how are they? Second is ram, how much do you have?

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I have 32GB RAM. That should be enough.

I don't think it's the CPU temp. See, I keep the P3D minimized. I.E., 0 CPU and 0 RAM.

Once I restore it, it obvisluly starts to gain CPU and memory to guild all the textures and traffic, but I would expect the FPS to get back to the way it was before I minimized it. it doesn't.

2.png

So you pause it when minimizing it or you let it run in the background?  Even paused your ram will not clear so not sure what you mean by 0 CPU and 0 RAM.

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

I let it run in the background.

0 CPU 0 RAM means it's hardly taking any, I didn't mean literally 0 🙂

Just to indicate it's probably not related to CPU temp or memory allocations.

Can any of you do this test ? just let it run throughout the entire night and check it in the morning. Interesting if you'll have the same issue.

2.png

Hi there,

Not sure if this will help.

The beep at 10k sounds like what happens when the seatbelt switch is on auto. If you have it set to on or off, it will not beep when you pass 10k.

As for the FPS, is it basically stuttering for you  (it looks fine for a second or two, then it freezes briefly)? Another question I have is if you don't even sign into P3D, but have your computer on for 5 hours, and you launch P3D does it actually stutter right away? I've heard of Navigraph Simlink.exe causing those issues for a few simmers as well.

Hi Kevin,

will sure try the seatbelt switch ...

As for the shuttering, my computer is on 24 7. I hardly turn it off. and when I restart P3D it's brand new.

The shuttering you're describing does happen, but it's like twice an hour and I don't think is related as it happens when I have like 30-40 FPS. What I'm describing is that after X hours, it's 7-8 FPS constantly.

I wonder if it's any of the addons that keeps on working in the backgroud although I'm doing nothing. I'll try disable all of them and see how that goes.

Doron.

2.png

well, it seems it was the traffic 🙂

I turned off the traffic completely and after 5 hours, everything remained the same.

so I'm going now to stop using global traffic and try ultimate traffic live that declares no FPS loss. 

Will update.

2.png

Where does UTL declare no FPS loss?  I've got this issue as well, I haven't looked too much into it but not minimizing the sim keeps it working great.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hmmm. I think I remember reading about UTL not effecting FPS, now I'm nor sure 🙂

ok, I'll try not to minimize the SIM and see what happens.

2.png

well, topic closed.

your'e right. If I don't minimize the window, it remains fine. I wonder why.

thank you all for your advises.

2.png