Sign in to follow this  
Seven7

DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - NEW YORK CITY X .... P3D 4.3 stopped working

Hello,

I installed the DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - NEW YORK CITY X V2 FSX P3D and then the sim

stays a very long while in this situation (loading screen) and that's all.

https://gyazo.com/487515060385930875d66fa3efeb2c24

I have the Orbx installed but it says it's compatible (Global Base, Global Vector and Open LC).

Any idea about what's not working?

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

When P3D behaves that way it is most likely because one scenery file is not where it should be.

Where did you install this scenery DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - NEW YORK CITY X V2 in terms of priority in your scenery.cfg file? Do you use the freeware Lorby Add-on manager? Do you have another airport scenery for New-York (like FSDT or DD)?

I also own this scenery and made sure it is located between my ORBX files and the airport files, using Lorby's add-on manager.

In other words, airport files on top, DD NYCv2 below, ORBX below again.

Edited by Jean-Claude

No, i just used the installer provided and it installed it in a folder "addon scenery", when I loaded the sim, it asked if I want to activate this scenery, i "said" yes, then done. After

that nothing worked anymore. Then, i removed this scenery NY from this folder (uninstalled) and.. P3d still don't works, even after this scenery was removed. For now I try to

recover by using the P3D's repair.

After removing your file from the Add-on scenery, did you also remove the xml file created in your C. Documents > Prepar3Dv4 Addons > New York City X?

hm no but i will.. well, when someone provide a installer, i'm supposed to think the installer will do the work,

I never had a issue like this while installing a scenery.  Now I just hope the repairing will fix all and i'll not have

to reinstall all my P3D.

When we remove manually a file from P3D, if it has created an xml, it must be removed manually as well. As I currently fly, If my memory serves me well DD is one of those few scenery designers which does not provide uninstaller for its products.

Also very important to remember the "priority" of your sceneries may be critical when you add non airport sceneries (airport sceneries always go on top).

You should not have to re-install P3D for that problem, it can be fixed without it. I doubt the P3D repair function will resolve your issue since it is related to an add-on.

If I were you I would download the Lorby Add-on manager (freeware) - there is a forum on AVSIM - and start to scrutinize your scenery.cfg file, re-install DD NYCv2, make sure it is properly located in the scenery.cfg as mentioned above and retry P3D.

Good luck.

I removed now theses files you mentioned but I have to wait the repair finish to work to see if all's back fine.

This will maybe fix the things, so thank you a lot for the help.

I had the same problem, Julia, with DD's Polish Airports Vol.1. Thanks to a tip from Elaine Dixon known here as 'Poppet', you could try moving Scenery.cfg, and Terrain.cfg, from your Programs Data\Lockheed Martin folder plus P3D Addon Files from Documents, to say your desktop, then re-start P3D and let it rebuild.

Hopefully, your DD New York City should be okay by then.

Edited by vc10man
  • Like 1