Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

A2A Bonanza in the A2A Store

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yeah - must agree with the touchy flight model critique - but it’s how A2A normally makes them - brought up the same on their Skylane - in a cross wind - lol - it’s a death trap on takeoff and landing - and I kind of know what I’m supposed to be doing... Flying real aircraft is much easier and the aircraft are far more stable...

Scott, that is the reason why the V-Tail Bonanza earned the sobriquet "The Doctor Killer"...

https://aviatorcollege.wordpress.com/2010/06/25/why-is-the-“doctor-killer”-airplane-so-dangerous/

https://generalaviationnews.com/2017/03/29/the-doctor-killer/

http://atomictoasters.com/2014/02/forked-tail-doctor-killer-the-beechcraft-bonanza/

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill,

Thanks - I hear ya - but it's pretty squirrelly and the Skylane is as well where it should be a very stable truck... You almost have to force a RW Skylane to change it's attitude... I've never been in a real world aircraft that seemed to want to roll off to the left or right - like you're on a balance beam - as much as the A2A FDE's on takeoff... Just my 2 cents and opinions are a dime a dozen...

Hi Folks,

As for rotation speed - this is from a RW PIREP on the V35:

"Taxiing out is pure Beechcraft. The aeroplane feels solid without any of the noises of tinnier airframes. The run-up is conventional except that the propeller can only be exercised above 2,000 rpm. Power for takeoff requires plenty of right rudder to counter the torque effect until rotation at about 80 mph. Best rate of climb is 100 miles an hour with a comfortable cruise climb being 120 mph. With the engine throttled back to 2,300 rpm, we still managed 1,000 feet per minute out of Lanseria on a warm day with two up and 50 gallons of fuel."

Here's a full RW V35 PIREP if interested:

http://www.planecheck.com/bonanza.htm

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

2 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

Are you rotating around 97kts?  Seems mighty fast compared to Cessna's.  Guessing it's a requirement for a V-Tail.

Cheers.

No. That's Vy. Rotate between 80 & 85 and try not to move the controls too much. If you need to adjust the sensitivity, you can do it via the A2A CP or aircraft,cfg. I've had to reduce the sensitivity for every A2A GA I have.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I guess because I had read about the difficulty on takeoff, I was light on the controls and had no problem.  As far as FPS go, I had selected everything on and max in the 'Aircraft Configurator', including both the GTN 750 and the GTN 650 and the FPS was the about the same as the PMDG 737 on my system.  I went and turned everything off except for the GTN 750 and the FPS was right there with my other A2A aircraft.  I started re-selecting the options in the 'Aircraft Configurator' including the GTN 650 and there wasn't much change until I selected the mirrors.  The mirrors about halved the FPS.  They will be staying off.  😉

I'm loving this aircraft, especially the sounds.  Good wok again A2A.

Bill

• Like 1

Bill  N7IBG     

38 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

I guess because I had read about the difficulty on takeoff, I was light on the controls and had no problem.  As far as FPS go, I had selected everything on and max in the 'Aircraft Configurator', including both the GTN 750 and the GTN 650 and the FPS was the about the same as the PMDG 737 on my system.  I went and turned everything off except for the GTN 750 and the FPS was right there with my other A2A aircraft.  I started re-selecting the options in the 'Aircraft Configurator' including the GTN 650 and there wasn't much change until I selected the mirrors.  The mirrors about halved the FPS.  They will be staying off.  😉

I'm loving this aircraft, especially the sounds.  Good wok again A2A.

Bill

Thank you for pointing the configurator settings out.  Made me remember I had selected nearly everything.  So deselected it all and put the default avionics back for now and FPS went from 30 to 60...now the same as the Comanche!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Bill,

Thanks - I hear ya - but it's pretty squirrelly and the Skylane is as well where it should be a very stable truck... You almost have to force a RW Skylane to change it's attitude... I've never been in a real world aircraft that seemed to want to roll off to the left or right - like you're on a balance beam - as much as the A2A FDE's on takeoff... Just my 2 cents and opinions are a dime a dozen...

Hi Folks,

As for rotation speed - this is from a RW PIREP on the V35:

"Taxiing out is pure Beechcraft. The aeroplane feels solid without any of the noises of tinnier airframes. The run-up is conventional except that the propeller can only be exercised above 2,000 rpm. Power for takeoff requires plenty of right rudder to counter the torque effect until rotation at about 80 mph. Best rate of climb is 100 miles an hour with a comfortable cruise climb being 120 mph. With the engine throttled back to 2,300 rpm, we still managed 1,000 feet per minute out of Lanseria on a warm day with two up and 50 gallons of fuel."

Here's a full RW V35 PIREP if interested:

http://www.planecheck.com/bonanza.htm

Regards,
Scott

Agreed. I don’t have any real time in 182’s but lots in 172’s and the a2a 182 is so touchy I cannot believe the real aircraft flies like that. Even with the control sensitivity slider they added it’s still crazy. I was a bit dissapointed to be quite honest. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gregda said:

Thank you for pointing the configurator settings out.  Made me remember I had selected nearly everything.  So deselected it all and put the default avionics back for now and FPS went from 30 to 60...now the same as the Comanche!

Hi Gregda,

You could try adding the other selections back as they didn't make much if any difference with the exception of the mirrors.  The change you see is what I saw also.  I'm glad that it worked for you.  The lighting is very cool.  😎

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Years ago while at E3 watching customers sit down at the sim and fly our airplanes, we discovered there are two different kinds of sim pilots.  Those who respond to stick pressure or stick deflection, meaning, some interpret yoke tension (spring pressure) as movement, and others interpret yoke movement as movement.  This is noticeable when the airplane is moving fast.  The pressure sensitive sim pilot is more likely to pull the stick too far back and get frustrated (because they didn't feel the tension and over controlled), where as the deflection sensitive sim pilot is more likely to be gentle and just move the stick slightly back, and has no issue.  Both would converge to the same place if we had force feedback, but we have to make these spring yokes work the best we can.

Our solution was to put a pressure scalar in the CONTROLS (Shift-3) menu.  In the lower left, you will see a slider with 0-100.  By default, all of our airplanes are set for the deflection pilot (setting of 0).  If you find the stick is too sensitive, move this more to the right until if feels right for you.  This is automatically altering the yoke's response based on air pressure on the elevator.

For those who find the yoke sensitive, please try this and let me know how it works for you.  We can always make changes if needed too.

Scott.

Edited by Scott - A2A
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Scott, you and your team have produced another outstanding  aircraft for our hobby.  Very well done!

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Just completed first flight.  Absolute masterpiece.  Lighting is the best I have seen.

Matt Wilson

5 hours ago, Scott - A2A said:

Years ago while at E3 watching customers sit down at the sim and fly our airplanes, we discovered there are two different kinds of sim pilots.  Those who respond to stick pressure or stick deflection, meaning, some interpret yoke tension (spring pressure) as movement, and others interpret yoke movement as movement.....

Ahhh, now it comes to fruition 😃 !

Whenever I read something about curves, stick pressure/movement etc... in various sim-forums, it sound like a book of seven seals to me. 

Often thought: " Am I doing something wrong or are all of those guys stick- hypochondriacs ???.  What the hell are they taking about ? "

Because I never ever had an issue with stick/yoke responsivenessf (maybe just in my beginnings) ; I never set up a curve profile or anything like that at anytime in all of these years of flight-simming (using many different flight sims; mainly P3Dv4 and DCS).

Even when I change my stick gear during flight (mostley depending on aircraft), sometimes flying left- or righthanded (depending on my daily mood - serious), changing between Props, Heli or Fighterjet, it makes no difference to me at all. 

After a couple of moments/maybe one minute I get adapted and fly the craft or heli in conjunction with the stick and my motor nerve system and enjoy the ride.

Never ever had and issue flying around in the A2A C172 or Skylane or the other beautiful birds of A2A. 

Even converse: I'm finding that the Cessnas are flying tooo stable. But that's not because A2A has done something wrong, it's just because of the aircraft itself and how it's supposed to fly like its real counterpart.

In this particular case it just reflects my personal preference, because I more like the unstable and nimble ones, like a fighter jet, heli or warbird (particular tail dragger).  And especially the A2A-Texan which always gives me a good sensation of gliding through the air like an air-surfer 😄 .

Thank you Scott; thank you for your committed and persistent hard work, and thank you for your enlightening explanation above !

Edited by KBUR
English is NOT my mother tongue.

17 hours ago, DJJose said:

No. That's Vy. Rotate between 80 & 85 and try not to move the controls too much.

Ah, gotcha.

Cheers.

17 hours ago, Bill Griffith said:

The mirrors about halved the FPS.  They will be staying off.  😉

Bill

+1

BTW don't forget to add the trim fix to aircraft.cfg:

elevator_trim_limit     = 19.50000 //19.50000

and I also added for default ATC:

"atc_airline=BONANZA" to all my v35 liveries.

[General]
atc_type=Beech
atc_model=V35B

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

This is really strange. On my PC all A2A aircrafts are stable, I don't have any problems with controlling them. The 182 is rock solid, just need some right rudder but it rotates and flies very gentle. The Bonanza is just a bit twitchy on pitch but far far from being unstable.

• Like 1

Mauricio Brentano

Fantastic aircraft, my new favourite (replacing the Comanche!).

Couple of questions for the experts, I take it that it is normal that the yoke moves when pushing the pedals?  At first I thought auto cord had suddenly turned on.

On my first flight my COM/NAV 1 unit failed (should have bought a better plane ;-)).  I shut down the aircraft, selected Shift-7 hangar, and then clicked on the instrument icon which bought up a window showing the panel with all its instruments.  But, I couldn't click on anything, or figure out what to do to fix the radio.  I did search in the manual, but it doesn't seem to mention the instrument pop up window.

Once more, fantastic aircraft to fly!

Neil.

ps. The trim on my yoke runs the trim wheel extremely slowly compared to all my other aircraft.  When trimming on final, I have to hold the back trim button for what seems forever.  Is there any way of changing this?

beta.gif