Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

A2A Bonanza in the A2A Store

9 hours ago, 757FO said:

Flight model much more realistic after the update in regards to stalls, a pleasure to fly (wish I could afford the real thing haha)

John

+1

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Just picked mine up over the weekend and definitely looking forward to flying this one.

Didn't get to actually fly it this weekend as I spent all of my available sim time mucking around with SPAD.neXt to get my switch, multi and radio panel working and somewhere in all of the virtual switch flipping and lvar value changing I got something so corrupted that my electrics went south and the plane was rooted in place on the ramp despite full power (yes, the brakes were off and tiedowns and chocks removed).  I punted and re-installed but ran out of time to get it in the air.

Sure is purdy, though 🙂 .

Scott

On 9/21/2018 at 7:44 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the additional input and I’m glad I’m not alone - wish I had some of you guys testing with me when I was reporting the Skylane issues... It seems like a bunch of us are having some real issues with the FDE... When I get in - I’ll run the updates and try some more takeoffs with and without wind - some power on and power off stalls - although I strongly suspect my results will match those reported here...

Greg,

Thanks for relaying the additional info from A2A...

Regards,

Scott

Scott-

I see that A2A Scott responded to you with news about an update.  Like you my RW experiences in a 182 do not match what I see in the A2A version, so I am most interested in hearing if the V-35 update has corrected things, AND IF THERE WAS ANY ATTENTION GIVEN to the existing 182 FDE?

Please let me know your thoughts after you fly.

Thanks- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

27 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Scott-

I see that A2A Scott responded to you with news about an update.  Like you my RW experiences in a 182 do not match what I see in the A2A version, so I am most interested in hearing if the V-35 update has corrected things, AND IF THERE WAS ANY ATTENTION GIVEN to the existing 182 FDE?

Please let me know your thoughts after you fly.

Thanks- C

Hi C,

I cant speak intelligently on the A2A C182 at the moment - as I haven’t flown it lately - I’ll try some tests when I get a chance as there have been several updates released since I’ve flown it for evaluation... I’ll gladly revisit with anyone that cares to make a case...

The stall issue seems better in the latest patch on the Bonanza - HOWEVER - that said - I’m not convinced the stability modeled reflects real work operations... I know A2A has pilots with far more experience than I... I’ve also never flown a Vee Bonanza...

In an attempt to have an honest discussion regarding the FDE and the problems I see and others have reported - I started a thread on A2A’s support forum for the Bonanza - specifically regarding FDE stability... I STRONGLY urge anyone with an interest - or - wanting to relay your experience with the Bonanza to participate in that discussion - whether you agree or disagree... Personally - as it flies now - for me - I’m not happy with it... The only way to get anything fixed is to use proper channels to document same in the A2A forum...

A2A Bonanza Support

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=65908&sid=6af0580295aa56cba368deef93e791a8

For the record - I do like A2A a great deal and I think the Comanche is one of the finest aircraft we’ve EVER seen in Flight Simulator... My criticism is intended as constructive to get the Bonanza in the same league...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

18 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi C,

I cant speak intelligently on the A2A C182 at the moment - as I haven’t flown it lately - I’ll try some tests when I get a chance as there have been several updates released since I’ve flown it for evaluation... I’ll gladly revisit with anyone that cares to make a case...

The stall issue seems better in the latest patch on the Bonanza - HOWEVER - that said - I’m not convinced the stability modeled reflects real work operations... I know A2A has pilots with far more experience than I... I’ve also never flown a Vee Bonanza...

In an attempt to have an honest discussion regarding the FDE and the problems I see and others have reported - I started a thread on A2A’s support forum for the Bonanza - specifically regarding FDE stability... I STRONGLY urge anyone with an interest - or - wanting to relay your experience with the Bonanza to participate in that discussion - whether you agree or disagree... Personally - as it flies now - for me - I’m not happy with it... The only way to get anything fixed is to use proper channels to document same in the A2A forum...

A2A Bonanza Support

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=65908&sid=6af0580295aa56cba368deef93e791a8

For the record - I do like A2A a great deal and I think the Comanche is one of the finest aircraft we’ve EVER seen in Flight Simulator... My criticism is intended as constructive to get the Bonanza in the same league...

Regards,

Scott

Don't feel bad. There are still some issues with the V35B FD even with the latest update. Getting better, but not where it should be on take offs and stalls.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

12 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Don't feel bad. There are still some issues with the V35B FD even with the latest update. Getting better, but not where it should be on take offs and stalls.

Hi DJ,

Thanks...

CFI right ? I'm just a vanilla PPL with less than 400 - I have flown about a dozen different aircraft  - some of the characteristics I'm experiencing don't match anything I've ever seen in the cockpit... Then we have others reporting it's "very stable" - "no issues hand flying" - - - I don't know if it's just something lost in translation or we're flying completely different aircraft ? I had to chuckle a little at watching the videos on YouTube where they rotated at 120 knots - yep - smooth as silk on takeoff...

Anyway - please - bring your insights up on the A2A forum as I don't think the support team is looking here... I think we're losing so much valuable information...

Regards,
Scott

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi DJ,

Thanks...

CFI right ? I'm just a vanilla PPL with less than 400 - I have flown about a dozen different aircraft  - some of the characteristics I'm experiencing don't match anything I've ever seen in the cockpit... Then we have others reporting it's "very stable" - "no issues hand flying" - - - I don't know if it's just something lost in translation or we're flying completely different aircraft ? I had to chuckle a little at watching the videos on YouTube where they rotated at 120 knots - yep - smooth as silk on takeoff...

Anyway - please - bring your insights up on the A2A forum as I don't think the support team is looking here... I think we're losing so much valuable information...

Regards,
Scott

Don't put too much emphasis on the sim vs real life, it will never be perfectly accurate. The important thing is to ensure that your controller inputs make the plane react properly. I would experiment with these settings in the aircraft.cfg

[flight_tuning]
pitch_stability=2.000
roll_stability=2.000
yaw_stability=2.000

Try a lower or higher setting.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

Hi DJ, 

Can you elaborate a bit more on the stalls issues you are still seeing? I have never flown a V Tail, but own a Mooney and it "feels" closer to the real thing (as you said, I dont think we will ever have a perfect reproduction of IRL characteristics), but at least for now the plane wont enter a spin every time you stall it 🙂

John

Hi Folks,

DJ - thanks for responding - I hear you... I've a bunch of time in Comanche's - although the 180 variant - and I think the A2A model is pretty darn close... It flies surprisingly Comanche like... I can't even hand fly basic maneuvers to PTS standards - in the Bonanza... I have no expectation of perfection - simply ballpark performance would make me happy...

Yeah - thought about tweaking the files but I know A2A uses an external flight model - wasn't exactly sure how it would affect it... Easy enough to try though - I'm pretty familiar with stock FDE's and I can always roll the changes back...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

25 minutes ago, 757FO said:

Hi DJ, 

Can you elaborate a bit more on the stalls issues you are still seeing? I have never flown a V Tail, but own a Mooney and it "feels" closer to the real thing (as you said, I dont think we will ever have a perfect reproduction of IRL characteristics), but at least for now the plane wont enter a spin every time you stall it 🙂

John

It still wants to spin on my system. It's a more of a challenge than it should be.

11 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

DJ - thanks for responding - I hear you... I've a bunch of time in Comanche's - although the 180 variant - and I think the A2A model is pretty darn close... It flies surprisingly Comanche like... I can't even hand fly basic maneuvers to PTS standards - in the Bonanza... I have no expectation of perfection - simply ballpark performance would make me happy...

Yeah - thought about tweaking the files but I know A2A uses an external flight model - wasn't exactly sure how it would affect it... Easy enough to try though - I'm pretty familiar with stock FDE's and I can always roll the changes back...

Regards,
Scott

Got it! The modifications are harmless. Your controllers will be less sensitive to control input. I hope you can find a sweet spot.

At least I can fly straight & level and land without any issues.😀

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It still wants to spin on my system. It's a more of a challenge than it should be.

wow that is interesting, I am not spinning anymore unless I really try to (i.e keep back pressure after the break, etc.) .. there was a post about setting controllers sensitivity to Max, which I tried, not sure if that is making a difference or not

This is really interesting. I find the A2A model flies exactly as I remember. It's a bit touchy and if one tries to pull it around the sky like a Cherokee or 172 they will be in for a surprise. It really does not fly like other aircraft. Just as when I got my multi engine - i strated in a Piper Apache and transitioned to a Cessna 310 - that scared the heck out of me. Extremely sensitive to control inputs.

I guess, reading many of these posts I'm thinking it's either technique or controller settings. I really don't believe there's that much wrong with A2A's flight model.

Think of the control inputs a fingertip pressure opposed to pulling and pushing. She's a beautiful aircraft to fly.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

...reading many of these posts I'm thinking it's either technique or controller settings. I really don't believe there's that much wrong with A2A's flight model.

I wish not to diminish the troubles some are having, but I too find the Bonanza very enjoyable to fly.  I also own the Cherokee (in FSX), 182, and Comanche and find them rather easy and certainly not "taxing" to fly.  Indeed, the biggest problems I have with the Bonanza are flap failures (3 in 31 hours... and never overstressed/overpseed) and the vertical component of the autopilot.  In fact, I find it so difficult and energy intensive to manage that I just climb and descend using pitch trim.

I'll add a couple more variables that could be contributing to the problems some folks are experiencing.  Firstly, controller quality.  Also, someone at the A2A forums asked Scott (b613) what addons he's using... we can't rule out one or more addons could be a contributing factor.

Greg

The Bonanza is definitely a little more hands on than the Comanche.  I find this more so during periods of transitions (speed, altitude, etc).  I takes me longer to get it dialed in.  Of course this could be attributed to experience as well.  I definitely prefer the autopilot of the Comanche though.  It may be a simpler autopilot but it is quick and easy to use (of course that could be experience related as well too)