Sign in to follow this  
SmokeDiddy

A2A Bonanza in the A2A Store

Greetings,

I'm having the same problem.  As soon as I rotate, the aircraft becomes real squirrelly and I have my hands full trying to keep it from crashing.  After a few seconds it settles down and flys normal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbreeze said:

As soon as I rotate, the aircraft becomes real squirrelly and I have my hands full trying to keep it from crashing.  After a few seconds it settles down and flys normal.

I'm experiencing that too. Violently swinging left/right, just after rotation.

• Like 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I have never flown a V tail (but have a few hours in the straight tail), and it seems to me the yawing effect is over exaggerated. Anyone tried stalls? Even if I keep the ball centered, not matter what, the plane will enter a spin, this is no way how a bonanza should feel like. I turned down my joystick and pedals sensitivity way down, but it doesnt seem to help... Otherwise I think A2A did an amazing job with this latest release!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cbreeze said:

Greetings,

I'm having the same problem.  As soon as I rotate, the aircraft becomes real squirrelly and I have my hands full trying to keep it from crashing.  After a few seconds it settles down and flys normal.

35 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

I'm experiencing that too. Violently swinging left/right, just after rotation.

Hi Folks,

Yep - concur - been that way with multiple A2A aircraft for me - try adding a 15 knot crosswind to the mix - in the Skylane - that's deadly and killed me - while well within the normal performance envelop of the real aircraft... Both seem to want to roll off to the left or right on takeoff - a sensation I've never experienced in real aircraft... Others state the Bonanza is very stable on takeoff - go figure... I watched one video on YouTube that had a very stable takeoff - lol - but he was going close to 120 when he rotated - 80 is what we are shooting for...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I can take off ok if I am going 120 but 80 no way.

• Like 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi Folks,

Yep - this is all deja vu for me - I spent many hours demonstrating and documenting this issue on the Skylane in the A2A forums - while the A2A team tried to be very helpful - no real solution ever came of it... In this post I even showed how a wind going from 20 knots gusting to 25 knots - in level flight could start self perpetuating oscillations in the aircraft while using the AP that would knock the aircraft out of the sky... The fact that it was an Autopilot seems to eliminate any controller or pilot induced issues in my mind... Others reported similiar results at the time... I love A2A modeling - gauges - sound - etc - but from what I've seen in the sim - based on real flight experience - the FDE's leave much to be desired...

Link to my very similar Skylane symptoms post:

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=58768&start=0

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

Just installed the latest update (Scott pushed a second out today a short time ago) and tested at my home airport at sea level @ 71F with no wind per AS for P3Dv4.  Felt just fine to me.  With two souls in the front seats, no victims in the back and 30 gals of fuel total, I cranked in +4 on the pitch trim and the airplane lifted off just before 80 KIAS.  I then shut down AS and set a quartering crosswind of 12 kts and tried again... this time it got a bit squirrelly right after breaking ground but a touch of opposite aileron and rudder got things ship shape.

I don't doubt the folks saying they're having problems... but I'm not certain I'd point a finger at the flight model.  After 18 hours on the airplane (not much, really) I've come to really enjoy how it flies.  Including that famous Dutch roll dance! 😀

Greg 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Greg 

Hi Greg,

I have no doubt for some it flies well - there are obviously people who don't seem to have the issues we're discussing... I'm still on  the 1.0 release - I'll run the updater and check it out when I get in this weekend - appreciate the additional information...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

The only times I have issues are the first few seconds after I rotate.  All other times the aircraft handles really well.  I’ve been able to make some real nice landings with this bird.

Edited by cbreeze
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 4:18 PM, DJJose said:

Beautiful bird inside and out. I'm torn by how unstable this bird is on take off roll. Maybe with practice I will get better.

For those who missed the above post on the 1st page, I'm quoting myself because that's the one thing I noticed on initial take off. If you do a touch and go do you still experience the instability? I have not downloaded the update, but I will just to see if it still happens.

I managed to have a little better result when I rotate above 80 and don't touch the controls, but it shouldn't be that way.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

You read my mind.  I was thinking of doing a touch and go to see what happens but have been too busy having fun just flying it.

i don’t have any instability issues during the take off roll itself it only happens at rotation just as the aircraft is free of the ground.  BTW I’ve found that a slow application of power really helps the aircraft track true down the runway.

Scott posted this in their forums in reply to this matter:

As for the pull to the left on rotation, try letting the airplane build to 80kts, then VERY slowly pull back on the yoke. This should take at least 5 seconds before the aircraft is airborne and it should start out as a flat lift off. You won't have any left hand pull if you do the above.

The left hand pull is from pulling back to strongly on the yoke at too slow speeds, from the angle of attack and pfactor. It feels more exaggerated in a simulator because we don't have the very heavy elevator feel of the real v-tail, so you have to make believe your stick or yoke is heavy on rotation. Because if you just, as a matter of fact, just pull back, it's simulating a rather harsh and abrupt rotation in the real airplane.

I just tried this method, with 0 pitch trim and the same variables as mentioned in my post above, and it works as he noted.  Only thing I'd be concerned about is the 5 seconds after "slowly pulling the yoke back and the aircraft getting airborne"... the airplane can cover a fair amount of ground in that time at Vr.  For me it was closer to 3 seconds... and that seemed like an eternity.  😲  But it was indeed stable... tracked straight and true for me after becoming airborne in still air.  No doubt much of that stability was due to the airplane easily passing 80 kts and quickly nudging 90 by the time it came off the ground.

Greg

• Upvote 1

Have you all tried stalls (power on or off)? I've never stalled a V tail IRL, but as a Mooney owner, I can tell you the stalls behavior on the M20 is normal (Power off might be a bit more tricky, and most of the time a bit of wing drop is expected), with the A2A model, I will end up spinning the plane most of the time (even though I kept the plane coordinated and no sudden input on the controls).. There are a lot of differences between a Mooney and Bonanza IRL, but I would expect stall behavior to be normal in a Bonanza, and not end up in spin entry when practicing  staills (power on or off), I would like to hear what others are seeing, thx!

John.

• Upvote 1

What I'm seeing is, taxi/takeoff roll no problem,  start takeoff rotation at 75 knots and with very small control inputs no problem (Can get squirrelly with larger inputs.) .  I hadn't tried stalls until now and I'm finding power on/power off stalls unrecoverable.  The aircraft starts to spin which can be stopped or slowed but this doesn't help with any recovery.

Bill

• Upvote 1

Bill  N7IBG     

Issues here as well.  Just tried landing with a 15 crosswind.  It was almost uncontrollable.  Something seems very off.  Almost acts like it is very tail heavy.  Controls also seem way to sensitive.  

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson