Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

Are you a real world pilot (P3D users only please)

Are you a real world pilot?   

153 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a real world pilot?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

Barksdale AFB in a Singer Link full motion KC-10 simulator in the pilot seat flying, which was wicked awesome.

That is a really fine little museum for 8th AF that they have there.  This simple little wood frame building, plain hallway lined with Medal of Honor certificates both sides.  I took my time to read each one. Special place.

PPL 1974 while in USAF where I had earned a spot in an education and commissioning program. I was on my way to UPT until I failed an eye test so I got my PPL on my dime at Sacramento Executive.  Later earned the instrument and MEL then CP.  Retired now, and unable to afford flying anymore but my last 15 years of active flying was in a C-414 Chancellor... the short nose one.  Put a lot of hours in her.

Edited by downscc
  • Like 2

Dan Downs KCRP

51 minutes ago, FishermanIvan said:

That's not a pilot lol. That's playing with toys.

Right, except that in case of flying drones commercially, you have undergo training, pass exams, have medical certifications, analyze weather, avoid other traffic, obey to xxx rules, follow zone restrictions and get ATC permissions. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yep Commercial Multi engine, also a CFI,CFII,MEI. I instruct most of the time but also fly a Citation part time 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Just have a PPL. Starting flight training back up in a month with a program that is contracted with a regional. Been a while since I’ve done any RW flying. I’ve been lucky enough to fly a King Air C90, few hours in a full motion MD-11 FedEx sim, T-6, and a few fun tail draggers. I also work at an FBO (3yrs now... way too long) which has been awesome for opportunities, networking, and learning more of the industry. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

First solo 1968. First flight sim 1998.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

PPL in 1959 (inactive now). No flightsims back in those days 😊..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Aviation High School (NYC) Class of 84. Simming since Flight Unlimited, 1995. Became a Pilot because of FU.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

PPL earned in 1999. Flight  simmer since the mid 80s starting with Sublogic FS 2, but really got into it around MSFS 5.  

I used Terminal Reality’s Fly! very heavily during flight training  (in spite of protests from my CFI)

Chris

Gliders (instructor, too) and SEL since the 70ies. Had to give it up in 2001 due to job and later health reasons.

My first sim ran on an Apple IIe

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Siming since my first pc 1987. On and off PPL flight training since 84, Now have my sh_t together and am prepping for my check ride. 

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

ATP single and multi engine instrument. Type rated in B767 B757 BAEATP DA50 C560XL C525S C650 DA20

current CFII single and multi engine

advsnced ground instructor

R/c pilot

sUAV 

flight simmer since color computer sub logic. 

Daniel Rosso: ATP Single and Multi-Engine: B757 B767 BAE-ATP DA-50 DA-20 CE-650 CE-560-XL CE-525S DO-228: Flight Instructor Single and Multiengine Airplane Gold Seal:  Ground Instructor Advanced and Instrument: Remote Pilot SUAS

EASA ATP with a B737NG TR. 

GA ratings include C152/172/182, DA20/40/42, Cirrus SR22, Piper PA28/44.

CFI/CFII S/E & M/E and a bit of ground instruction time too.

Simming started way before professional training. I think my first ever sim was Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0.