Sign in to follow this  
topcat_1952

Pilot Figures under aircraft

Just purchased XPlane 11 and downloaded several Carenado/Alabeo aircraft that are supposed to be compatible with that version. Once in awhile, in the exterior view, I am finding the pilot and co-pilot figures sticking halfway out the bottom of the aircraft (as if they are sitting on the ground with their torsos still in the airplane. Any reason this is happening?

Also, on some of the aircraft, the interior view of the instrument panel is partially blocked by the pilot's head, as if the POV is withing the pilot's eyes. This happens on both Carenado and Just Flight Pipers in XPlane 11 versions. Anyway to only show the pilots in exterior views and not interior views.

I am used to P3DV4 and all these "bugs" are bugging me. 🙄

Thanks for any suggestions.

Something's definitely not right. Either you didn't activate the aircraft, or you miss some dependency. I think on Windows there used to be something to install, but it's not mentioned in the requirements. Someone had a similar problem lately, I think he posted on the .org.

P.S: did you update your X-Plane install to at least 11.25 ?

Edited by Pascal_LSGC

The plugin is not loading.

1. Either you have not all required Microsoft C++ libs installed

2. Or you did not activate the plane with your serial

3. Or you did not re-open the plane after activation

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

The Windows redist are listed here:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/124714-windows-redistributable-packages/

I'm surprised it's not mentioned under the requirement tab (neither on the .org, nor on Carenado's website)

P.S: apparently, the new SASL 3 doesn't need these redistributables.

Edited by Pascal_LSGC

Seems to be working now. I may not have reloaded the aircraft after activating. I believe there was a system crash at the time.

Thanks to you all for the suggestions.