Sign in to follow this  
CAP320

GSX disappear from addon menu

Hello,

when launching P3D v4 GSX isin't working and I can't get up the menu by pressing Shift + F12. It also dosen't show up in the addon menu in the top. This happened after downloading the latest installer of GSX. I am not using GSX level 2. I have tried to install with anti virus off but it didn't work. 

Help is really greatful. 

39 minutes ago, CAP320 said:

Hello,

when launching P3D v4 GSX isin't working and I can't get up the menu by pressing Shift + F12. It also dosen't show up in the addon menu in the top. This happened after downloading the latest installer of GSX. I am not using GSX level 2. I have tried to install with anti virus off but it didn't work. 

Help is really greatful. 

Please post this on the FSDT forum. 

CAP320, I had this issue exactly as you've described it. I resolved it by uninstalling FSDreamTeam GSX version 2.5.0.5 and downloading the latest installer from the FSDT website. The updated installer is FSDreamTeam GSX version 2.5.0.6 and solved the issue. Hope this helps.

It has happened to me sometimes that the couatl.exe is not loaded Ok when launching P3D, even if the version you're using is the latest one. When that happens, GSX don't load and cannot be seen in the in-sim Addons menu.

I don't know the reason why this still happens, and the issue has been posted already several times at the FSDT forums.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Try to run Live Update again now. We found a problem with the some Cloudflare servers not updating correctly, which affected some users, depending on their location.
Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Okay, thank you all for your help. I will try all these solutions that you gave me and try to fix it. 

Maybe I should’ve posted this in the FSDT Forum instead, sorry. 

Isn't the GSX menu CTRL+F12?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

8 hours ago, pgde said:

Isn't the GSX menu CTRL+F12?

By default, it's CTRL+Shift+F12, but it can user customized. CTRL+F12 is YouControl menu, but it can be user customized.

On a non-FSDT scenery, which has no YouControl menu, they appear to be the same thing since, if the scenery doesn't have a YouControl menu, the YouControl option will go straight into GSX. That's why CTRL+Shift+F12 is called "Show GSX bypassing YouControl" in the Key Mappings menu.