Sign in to follow this  
Hans Hartvelt

No flight plan in network setting

I have setup VoxATC in a network setting according to the instructions. My PC1 is the client now, whereas my PC3 is the server. Both PC's use Windows 10. My flight simulator is P3D 4.2. My VoxATC version is 7.41. In P3D (PC1) I select a flight plan before starting the VoxATC modules on both PC's. My head set is connected to PC3.

After having listened to ATIS, I get this message: Read back instructions\clearance while I'm still at the ATIS frequency. After having read back the given instruction, VoxATC orders me to tune to the Clearance Delivery frequency. After having selected the CD frequency, I get this message:

Select option
0. Request departure instructions for local flight
1. Request departure instructions for closed pattern

Since I'm not going to fly a local flight, nor a closed pattern, I don't understand this selection. I also cannot not bypass this selection. It seems that VoxATC doesn't recognize my flight plan.

How to solve this problem?

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands

Edited by Hans Hartvelt
text

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

From what you have written I can not tell if you’ve already tried this, but what about loading your flight plan in the P3d startup screen before committing to your flight?

Indeed. I usually load my flight plan somewhat later in the procedure. I followed your tip and loaded the (IFR) flight plan in the opening screen. But that didn't solve my problem. Thank you for replying though.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

Problem solved.

I found out that there were no flight plans present at the remote PC. It seems that something is going wrong in the indexer process. In this process also flight plans are transferred from the simulator PC to the remote PC. In my case this hasn´t happend. I couldn´t find any flight plan at the remote PC, but I did found a folder called VoxATC Net Server Files which was empty. After having placed a flight plan in this folder manually, the VoxATC server recognized this flight plan. My first impression is that VoxATX works fine now.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

I’m glad you figured it out. I have everything on one PC and have enough trouble keeping all of the addons playing nicely together as is. 

I found out by coincidence why the flight plan files aren't transferred from PC1 to PC3. It's a matter of sequence of starting apps. I am used to start all apps at PC1 first. Among them is VoxATX Network client. Then I start all apps at PC2. Thereafter all apps at PC3, a.o. VoxATC Net Server. 

However you should start VoxATC Net Server at PC3 first and only than VoxATC Network Client at PC1. Now I see yellow lines. VoxATC Net Server: Receiving Flight Plan Files. VoxATC Network Client: Sending Flight Plan Files.

Another point of attention: only files that are present in the folder Documents > Prepar3D v4 Files are sent. I use a subfolder in this folder for the flight plans. They are not sent. After having copied the flight plans from the subfolder to the main folder, they were transferred from PC1 to PC3.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg