Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

RXP G430/G530 Problems w/ A2A V35 (resolved)

Hello, 

I'm experiencing compatibility issues with the RXP G430/G530 and A2A's V35 Bonanza. GPS coupling is lacking with constant full deflection movement of the HSI CDI needle. Similar post has been made in A2A's forum. I hope there is at least one other person on the planet that prefers GNS units to GTN. 

P3Dv4.3

Have you checked the Panel Instrument settings in the Configuration Panel settings? I flew the Bonanza last night with the 430 with no problems.

1 hour ago, Bills511 said:

Have you checked the Panel Instrument settings in the Configuration Panel settings? I flew the Bonanza last night with the 430 with no problems.

Yes, I tried that also. I'm going to do an aircraft re-install and begin with the default GPS and then switch over. 

Resolved - I failed to update the RXP software to be compatible with P3Dv4.3. All good now. 

Unfortunately, this problem has returned. Please see the post I left at A2A Bonanza Tech Support. This is version 2.4.3. 

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=65375

This is the very short video showing HSI CDI continuous deflection with or without power: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/705urxz62njtro3/video-1537120857.mp4?dl=0

Any help will be much appreciated. 

Hi,

This one is peculiar. In the same thread, other users are not reporting any problem so this make it quite difficult as-is. I'll contact A2A and see if there is a way we can try on our end too.

In the meantime, I'll make sure to review the ini file options, or let any A2A configuration tool set their default one.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

5 hours ago, Les Parson said:

Many thanks, Jean-Luc. 

Here is the A2A thread in progress with Nick (includes short videos):

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=65375

Update: 

1.) I downgraded from RXP 2.4.3 to RXP 2.4.0. The good news is the A2A V35 HSI CDI is stable and most GPS/AP functions are normal.

2.) The not so good news is the GPS / NAV mode does not work with version 2.4.0. However, this is consistent with the notes that 2.4.3. is designed to work with P3Dv4.3.

3.) HDG mode will be required for NAV until/if another solution can be found. 

4.) The RXP Garmin screen shows version 2.4.3. However, the RXP menu (shift+right click) indicates 2.4.0.

This is also posted at A2A V35 Tech Support Forum.

Greetings, 

Is it necessary to install each upgrade? For example, to upgrade from v2.4.0 to 2.4.3 without the two in between? I don't believe it is necessary but need to confirm. 

The reason I ask is I have unresolved confliction issues with the A2A V35 Bonanza with v2.4.3 but not v.2.4.0. 

thanks. 

Hi Les,

You can install any latest version over any previous version, but not the reverse (the installer only overwrites newer file versions).

As for the issue, it is being followed in the A2A forum. Let's continue over there and eventually post here once resolved?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi,
I'm still working on the mystery with the A2A Bonanza and RXP versions 2.4.3 with P3Dv4.3.
Below is rxpGNS.dll version 2.4.0. gau log. Can someone explain what "oto" means?

18/09/25 20:58:10.352 06644 -    ] # rxpGNS2.dll version 2.4.0.0
18/09/25 20:58:10.351 06644 INFO ]
18/09/25 20:58:13.873 06644 ERROR] oto not supported on this platform (vers: 4.3.29.25520)

To re-cap, version 2.4.0 works fine, with the exception of NAV / GPS mode. The latest version 2.4.3, results in erratic HSI CDI deviation.

oto means 'autopilot'.

we'll review again the differences between the two versions code-wise, nonetheless, previous check didn't reveal anything particular and A2A developers can't repro either ?!?! Puzzling indeed.

22 minutes ago, RXP said:

oto means 'autopilot'.

we'll review again the differences between the two versions code-wise, nonetheless, previous check didn't reveal anything particular and A2A developers can't repro either ?!?! Puzzling indeed.

That will be very much appreciated, Jean-Luc. Puzzling indeed! "oto" - Yes, of course.  I haven't heard the term in years. 

In the meantime, I've just seen the latest video you've posted on the A2A forum.

One thing you may try: can you add a window to the panel.cfg file (popup window) with the Baron 58 HSI gauge for example?

If both the 3D panel and the 2D popup HSI 'jitter', this most likely rooted to the GNS. Otherwise, if the 2D popup is fine, this most likely rooted to the A2A gauge!

1 hour ago, RXP said:

In the meantime, I've just seen the latest video you've posted on the A2A forum.

One thing you may try: can you add a window to the panel.cfg file (popup window) with the Baron 58 HSI gauge for example?

If both the 3D panel and the 2D popup HSI 'jitter', this most likely rooted to the GNS. Otherwise, if the 2D popup is fine, this most likely rooted to the A2A gauge!

Thanks, I will work on that. 

• Like 1