Sign in to follow this  
oskrypuch

Carenado 182Q Question....

Hi,Today I bought the Carenado 182Q and based on my 1st flight I have a question and a remark.1. The max RPM at full throttle (MAP 29+") is 2100, whereas in the manual it is stated to be 2400. Anyone else noticed this?2. I experience a rather brisk balooning effect when deploying flaps, specifically the 1st 20 degs. Is this normnal?(Haven't flown the real thing, so it can be as designed.)Any comments, help appreciated.EDIT:Always after I have posted I start thinking.... :-roll Question 1 is resolved by calibrating my CH lever. Forgot I had deleted the FSUIPC.ini file after the last install.Question 2 remains.Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

HI Egbert. I'd be interested in your experiences with the airplane as i have been toying with getting it as wel. I'm interested in realism re: systems, limitations, and flight dynamics. what do you like most and least? Cowl

Guest CWD

>Hi,>>Today I bought the Carenado 182Q and based on my 1st flight I>have a question and a remark.>1. The max RPM at full throttle (MAP 29+") is 2100, whereas in>the manual it is stated to be 2400. Anyone else noticed this?>2. I experience a rather brisk balooning effect when deploying>flaps, specifically the 1st 20 degs. Is this normnal?>(Haven't flown the real thing, so it can be as designed.)>>Any comments, help appreciated.>>EDIT:>Always after I have posted I start thinking.... :-roll >Question 1 is resolved by calibrating my CH lever. Forgot I>had deleted the FSUIPC.ini file after the last install.>>Question 2 remains.>>>Egbert>>The significant balooning with flaps deployment is consistent with the behavior of their 182RG model as well.

Egbert,The ballooning you describe is consistent with the Cessnas I've flown (152 and 172)...it's to be expected. On the high wing Cessnas, an increase in flaps causes the nose to pitch up; it's in the POH. Carenado has done a marvelous job with the 182Q...this one is in the "must buy" category.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

>>Carenado has done a marvelous job with the 182Q...this one is>in the "must buy" category.How is it improved from the RG, which I already have an enjoy.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

>Egbert,>>The ballooning you describe is consistent with the Cessnas>I've flown (152 and 172)...it's to be expected. On the high>wing Cessnas, an increase in flaps causes the nose to pitch>up; it's in the POH. >>Carenado has done a marvelous job with the 182Q...this one is>in the "must buy" category.Disclaimer: I have many hours in real C152/172/177s but not in C182s. I also own both the Carenado C182RG and the new C182Q and like both very much.A small amount of ballooning with the first 10 degrees of flaps can happen with most high wing Cessnas, but not to the degree that the C182Q exhibits. The reason has been discussed before, and is the same reason that you perform short/soft field takeoffs in C152/172 and all takeoffs in the C177 with 10 degrees of flaps. The first notch will increase lift and angle of attack more than drag, and so the aircraft responds that way. Upon adding 20, 30, or 40 degrees of flaps, you are adding much more drag than lift and the response should not be the kind of excessive ballooning that the C182Q exhibits for me (I haven't seen the same extent in the RG). I know there are definite tradeoffs when designing FS2004 sim aircraft, and no, I can't program a .air file myself, so I won't criticize too much. I have sent an e-mail to Carenado to see what they say.

>A small amount of ballooning with the first 10 degrees of>flaps can happen with most high wing Cessnas, but not to the>degree that the C182Q exhibits. The reason has been>discussed before, and is the same reason that you perform>short/soft field takeoffs in C152/172 and all takeoffs in the>C177 with 10 degrees of flaps. The first notch will increase>lift and angle of attack more than drag, and so the aircraft>responds that way. Upon adding 20, 30, or 40 degrees of>flaps, you are adding much more drag than lift and the>response should not be the kind of excessive ballooning that>the C182Q exhibits for me (I haven't seen the same extent in>the RG). >Over the years, I've forgot all the whys and wherefores, but it has more to do with other factors, than just lift and drag at flap application. For instance, some airplanes (especially, but not all low wings) will pitch nose low with the first 10 degrees of flaps, while some others will pitch little or none.IMO, the first time I flew a Cessna after many years in Pipers, the ballooning effect was "very" noticeable.L.Adamson