Sign in to follow this  
gerardolopezb

Please Educate me

I read an article here (Thank You) that suggests that: FSX is still alive because of so much passion from so many people. 

That L. Martin started Pr3p. but based on soft made be Microsoft. And because of that has some limitations.

Conclusion: FSX or Flight Sim has not advanced so fast as it could be because Microsoft (We call it here (MOCOS SOFT) does not leberate their soft nor allows other to fully develop.

Please could someone be so kind and educate me about all this. 

I am still flying with FSX. 

And Uh by the way I just discovered Steve's D10 FIXER and... Holly Guacamolee my FPS are sky rocketing and I had to set all parameters top high.

How coul I survive all this years without that genious piece of software?

Gerardo,

• Microsoft FSX and FSX:SE are still used by many but popular addon developers are transitioning their products to Lockeed-Martin Prepar3D (P3D) only.  The 64-bit architecture in P3D v4.x allows them to produce more feature-rich addons without having the memory limitations of FSX/FSX:SE 32-bit.  
  • Lockheed Martin acquired from Microsoft "the intellectual property (including source code) for the Microsoft ESP (Enterprise Simulation Platform) product."  ESP is "the commercial-use version of "Flight Simulator X SP2."  This gives Lockheed Martin the ability to develop P3D without any limitations from Microsoft.  
  • Microsoft did grant Dovetail Games the rights to release FSX on the Steam platform.  This is what's known as FSX Steam Edition or FSX:SE.  Dovetail was allowed to make a couple of bug repairs and adapt FSX to Steam but no more.  Dovetail games released another simulator based on the same ESP platform called Flight Sim World, but they stop development after a year in production.  
  • Never got Steve's DX10 Fixer but it's a well reviewed product.  I've moved on to P3D mostly because the 64bit architecture which for me eliminates running out of memory.  

Hope this helps.  

• Like 1

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Hi to all of you, 

1) P3D is DX11 capable

2) Moving to P3D is something we can't avoid in the (near?) future, If you want to use eye-candy addons you must go to 64bits. I don't have the feeling that FSX is going to be supported by add on developers for along time. I have spent a lot of money for addons and i get very nervous when i see OOM errors over schiphol after flying for 3 hours. So i decided that buying addons for FSX is like throwing my money away. I know moving to P3D demands a considerable amount of money but i 'll take the plunge.

Regards.