Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Chaseplane HDR over ride function not clear to me

Hello,

The Chaseplane HDR over ride function is not covered in the manual and its purpose is not clear to me. Looks like some folks had it turned on without knowing and had issues with their graphics appearance. As mentioned in a recent post, it over rides the setting in P3d, but why would one want to do that in Chaseplane, as opposed to adjusting it in P3d?  Is it simply a matter of convenience? Does it apply some custom effect to a given preset, or change the values of HDR for the entire sim, as does the P3d setting? Again just not sure about why this function is in Chaseplane, or how it is meant to be used.

Thanks

Greg

Greg Clark

HDR Override allows you to have different HDR settings for On-Board, Outside, Static and Cinematic cameras. You can adjust the sliders from the ChasePlane interface and see it reflected live in the simulator without having to go in the P3D menus to change it.

You can adjust the Brightness with control assignments as well, something you cannot do normally in P3D.

HDR Override is disabled by default and must be enabled manually by the user.

That's really it there's nothing more to it, I hope it answers your question!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42