Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

GTN 750 - which one ?

Ok got the new A2A plane (love it!) and went to put my Flight 1 GTN 750 in place but, of course, it did not work,,needs an update or something. So after searching for Flight 1 account info I downloaded it again and went to reinstall. It did not install telling me I must have changed P3D location and not changed the registry..I went to the registry and it showed the correct location I have for P3D and yet the install insist I do not have that correct...so no GTN 750.

Flight 1 has made this process almost a chore not worth doing so now I thinking of getting the Reality XP version and wonder if anyone here has it and how do you likes it compared to the Flight 1 nightmare.

Yes I have tried to contact Flight 1 and also tried their support forums with no answer.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I have both. Flying with the Flight1 GTN in the Bonanza at the moment. I haven’t had any problems with it since the early days (when it often didn’t play well with P3D). I completely understand that your situation is different.

Haven’t tried the RealityXP with the Bonanza yet. My use of it has been fairly limited, as the other A2A planes don’t natively support it. When I last flew with it 6 months or so ago, I regarded it as being more or less equivalent to the Flight1 (I bought it specifically because the direct to button on the Flight1 doesn’t work in VR).

As I got the Bonanza yesterday, and finally have a plane with native support for the RealityXP, I was planning to reinstall it.

Bottom line  if your F1 GTN install is corrupt, and you’re wanting a GTN for the Bonanza, the RealityXP will a decent option. You can also make it work in other A2A planes, but they wo t come with native support.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

35 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Ok got the new A2A plane (love it!) and went to put my Flight 1 GTN 750 in place but, of course, it did not work,,needs an update or something. So after searching for Flight 1 account info I downloaded it again and went to reinstall. It did not install telling me I must have changed P3D location and not changed the registry..I went to the registry and it showed the correct location I have for P3D and yet the install insist I do not have that correct...so no GTN 750.

Flight 1 has made this process almost a chore not worth doing so now I thinking of getting the Reality XP version and wonder if anyone here has it and how do you likes it compared to the Flight 1 nightmare.

Yes I have tried to contact Flight 1 and also tried their support forums with no answer.

Paul,

I highly recommend that you download the full version from F1 GTN 750/650 complete along with the latest trainer. You get both GTN units for an upgrade price of only $20. These units work well with every every plane that supports them. The RXP units are a little bit better, but they are more expensive. So I'd choose the F1 versions.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I already have both 750 and 650 from Flight 1 but cannot get them to update.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

11 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I already have both 750 and 650 from Flight 1 but cannot get them to update.

You need to visit the F1 GTN forum and download the update. There are two files that have to be copied to the gauges folder. Let me know if you can not find the files.

Thanks. I  have downloaded the update three times now and it insist I have the wrong path for p3d....my registry shows all paths for p3d to be correct...about the gauge files I did not know I needed to copy those files.

When I go into p3d and select a plane that I already had Flight 1 GTN 750 working in I get a popup stating I am running an incompatible version of the GTN software,,,,even though I have tried to update several times now.

Also the Flight 1 update software that you can select your version to update from states I have the latest version.

Edited by warbirds

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 minute ago, warbirds said:

Thanks. I  have downloaded the update three times now and it insist I have the wrong path for p3d....my registry shows all paths for p3d to be correct...about the gauge files I did not know I needed to copy those files.

When I go into p3d and select a plane that I already had Flight 1 GTN 750 working in I get a popup stating I am running an incompatible version of the GTN software,,,,even though I have tried to update several times now.

Also the Flight 1 update software that you can select your version to update from states I have the latest version.

Paul,

Here's the link to download the files.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/latest-update-flight-plan-import-beta-test_topic60272.html

I think that there's a new installer. You might want to download the latest installer because it looks like the new installer has been updated. If not, just copy and overwrite the two files to your gauges folder.

From the forum:

"Hello,

We have released the GTN Complete, version 2.06.

It includes P3D V4.3 support.
It also includes the flight plan import fix under P3D V4 and Windows 10. Users will now be able to import flight plans, import user waypoints and load checklist files.

To obtain this new version, please go to the sales website, redownload and reinstall."

I don't want to pay the 20 bucks for the complete version when I already have both 650 and 750 installed...wish they worked though.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

12 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Paul,

Here's the link to download the files.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/latest-update-flight-plan-import-beta-test_topic60272.html

I think that there's a new installer. You might want to download the latest installer because it looks like the new installer has been updated. If not, just copy and overwrite the two files to your gauges folder.

Thanks,,,that did something but now I get a popup stating "missing .dll"

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul, I just redownloaded the RealityXP GTN, as I haven't used it in quite a while (was hoping to be able to give a better opinion).

So far, I haven't been able to get it to fire up in the Bonanza at all. I think it's not connecting properly to the Garmin trainer, and I haven't been able to solve this after 30 minutes or so of tinkering...

If I were you, I'd upgrade to the GTN complete. It's working really nicely now with P3D v4.3.

Not saying the Reality XP dosn't work as I haven't put in enough time yet to work things out, but I note that they say:

IMPORTANT NOTES:

The GTN 750 requires to separately download and install the "Garmin GTN/GDU 620 PC Trainer software" (supports v6.41, v6.21, v6.1.1)

A quick Google for the 620 PC trainer software just goes to a dead link.

The current Garmin trainer is v6.5, and I'm not sure if RealityXP supports this. Another RealityXP fan around here may know the answer!

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, warbirds said:

I don't want to pay the 20 bucks for the complete version when I already have both 650 and 750 installed...wish they worked though.

If you do not want to pay $20 for an update, you are kind of stuck..

I happily paid the $20 and installed the new "complete" version.

Works like a charm in the Bonanza.. highly recommend it  :cool:

Bert

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

The current Garmin trainer is v6.5, and I'm not sure if RealityXP supports this

It does indeed. Comes with navdata cycle 1803. And works great in the A2A Bonanza.

Edited by Bills511
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bills511 said:

It does indeed. Comes with navdata cycle 1803. And works great in the A2A Bonanza.

Thx - good to know, I'll try it again some time then, as I noted, the current documentation (from a a file downloaded this evening) states that it only supports earlier versions, as above. The Flight1 version seems more popular with ESP-platform users. As Bert says, it works really well in the Bonanza, and the GTn is a great piece of kit - having the airport taxiways etc available is a splendid feature.

Oz

I have had both, and I prefer the Reality XP.

Why? Firstly it keeps getting updated to the latest Trainer, and as such the latest options available in the real units, like VNAV, and as Bills511 said, we now have 1803 as the latest AIRAC. I like the "Intelligent" installation it offers especially for aircraft that have the option of the F1 model. I think that the options available to customize the unit are better. I can't quantify it, but I just feel it "works" better.

It also installed easily into the latest A2A Bonanza for me.

Not knocking the F1 version, I just personally like the RXP version more for those reasons.

David Porrett