Sign in to follow this  
buraktunahan

Long Range Business Jet Request (Gulfstream G650, Falcon 8X etc.)

Carenado has gained a lot of experience over many years. I think, Carenado, is number one in the world of simulator for business jets and private jets. 

As a fan of Carenado, we now want a great long-range, new generation, luxurious and large business jet from Carenado. For example;

-Gulfstream G650
-Dassault Falcon 8X
-Dassault Falcon 900

etc.  (My personal preference is Gulfstream G650)

Hopefully Carenado will make our dreams come true with such a plane. I absolutely believe that Carenado will succeed.

A8WaRyI.jpg

Edited by buraktunahan

My understanding is that Gulfstream absolutely forbids its aircraft to be reproduced in any computer simulator. That's why we haven't seen one to date.

NAX669.png

Not sure if they are still enforcing that as religiously as they used to, but in the past they certainly did put a halt on some developers making a sim version of their jet, the reasoning behind this was that it would detract from the jets' exclusivity, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a Gulfstream for your sim. But having said that, there is this thing out there:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/6265/fsx-gulfstream-iv/

I'm not sure you'll find a lot of people agreeing with you when you say you think 'Carenado, is number one in the world of simulator for business jets and private jets'. Carenado (and sister company Alabeo) do make some visually very pleasing stuff - I don't think many people would argue against that - but when it comes to simulating sophisticated engines and avionics, things have often been somewhat less impressive from Carenado. Their really good products have tended to be aeroplanes with normally-aspirated reciprocating prop engines and a fairly basic avionics fit, for example, their PA-38 Tomahawk, C188B AGTruck and such.

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

21 hours ago, mwilk said:

My understanding is that Gulfstream absolutely forbids its aircraft to be reproduced in any computer simulator. That's why we haven't seen one to date.

I think this decision of Gulfstream is wrong. Because advertising is always good. Because Lockheed Martin or Microsoft's flight simulators would be a good advert for them.

But, Dassault Falcon has no such prohibition. Because Wilco made the Falcon 7X. But it is not a aircraft made of Cerenado quality. Therefore, it is not very enjoyable to fly with this plane. 

Therefore, I think there is a lack of aircraft in this class in the simulator world. Carenado can fill this gap.

I think Carenado's Falcon 50 project is a step in this direction.  If Dassault Falcon company has allowed the Falcon 50 jet to be modeled, I think the next step can be Carenado Falcon8X or the Falcon 7X.  That's why I believe that Carenado can make a long-range, new generation, luxury and a great business jet.

I think such an aircraft would be as famous as the PMDG 747 in the simulator world.

Edited by buraktunahan

Hi...

It all depends on what you're trying to get out of a sim - if you just want pretty models that don't have much system depth or can navigate realistically - if you fly from point A to point B with little deviation  - Carenado is a great choice for BizJets... There's nothing wrong with that and many do enjoy that aspect of the sim... Many others around here want a bit more for their $50.00 bucks... The only Carenado BizJets I enjoy are those heavily modded by the community and even they're not perfect as most unrealistically shoehorn some type of GTN into the panel for more realistic navigation system... Here's my biggest peeve - use your fancy Carenado FMC (in some cases they charge more for) - enter a reasonable flight plan of 1000 miles or so - now try and fly your flight - oops - 10 minutes after takeoff - ATC gives you a "Direct To" some other waypoint as they often do in the RW - you have to comply so you diligently enter your "Direct To" on the FMC - you get to the waypoint and now you're ready to continue with your flight plan that took 10 minutes to enter - but wait - it's GONE... Their fancy FMC's are based on the default GPS which has the same issue - no thanks... If you enjoy it great - but it's an extremely bold claim to say "They are Number One" and many people will disagree... My rule of thumb for Carenado - avoid models with FMC's and/or Big Glass panels - keeps me from pulling my hair out... To each his own...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

21 hours ago, Chock said:

I'm not sure you'll find a lot of people agreeing with you when you say you think 'Carenado, is number one in the world of simulator for business jets and private jets'.

I must confess I almost had an unfortunate coffee/monitor interaction when I read that in the OP....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buraktunahan said:

I think such an aircraft would be as famous as the PMDG 747 in the simulator world.

For good looks, more than likely. For systems fidelity and continued support, not a chance, short of a Damascene conversion of their business model.

I could see a 900B and 200 coming along. Those would sell really well regardless and they are great airplanes.