Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Using ProATC/X problems

If you use the path I gave you, when you ask for clearance the plan will load automatically, in the MCDU type (as an example) GCTS/EGCC (a flight I have just completed) click enter and the plan will load, it is then deleted from the folder, so if you look for it it won't be there. The GCTS/EGCC goes into the "top right hand box" I'll make a 1 min vid to show you.

Video:

Edited by SierraHotel

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Gary

I'm a customer of ProATC-X with no connection to the developers and I've just been having a look at your posts on the ProATC-X forum.  Looks as though the questions you actually asked were all answered within a day and more usually in a couple of hours, so I'm not quite sure what your need is to post the same stuff here. 

Recurring points are that you should read the manual for any product you use and that when you submit a query to the ProATC forum you are required to submit the log that the developers of ProATC have sensibly made sure the program generates to help them debug problems quickly and easily.  Without the log, it's hard for them to help you although they've done their best both here and in the proper forum.

Everyone is different of course but I actually prefer to enter my flightplan into the FMC.  It takes next to no time and adds to the realism.  So in that case, and a few others, ProATC actually does MORE than I require and I switch some of it off.  Leaving that aside, I don't suppose any add-on available pretends to be a complete automation of the entire process of simulator flying.

Anyway, I hope everything is working OK now and that you are enjoying your flying.

• Upvote 1

ngxu_banner.png

Sorry, but I wasn't able to continue on this - I found it very frustrating. Anyway, I thought I would run something by you all.:

1. I created the plan in ProatcX and saved it there
  2. I cut and paste it into Simbrief and used it to create the flight plan files for p3d and aerosoft a320 professional
  3. it seem to work up to this point, although I do have trouble getting to talk to atc when I'm in that aircraft - the '1' button, for example, conflicts with airbus button. 

I'm not having trouble creating the plan, it's more about talking to atc, and getting them to repeat things, etc. 

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

6 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Sorry, but I wasn't able to continue on this - I found it very frustrating. Anyway, I thought I would run something by you all.:

2. I cut and paste it into Simbrief and used it to create the flight plan files for p3d and aerosoft a320 professional
  3. it seem to work up to this point, although I do have trouble getting to talk to atc when I'm in that aircraft - the '1' button, for example, conflicts with airbus button. 

I'm not having trouble creating the plan, it's more about talking to atc, and getting them to repeat things, etc. 

Gaz

Bottom  line. many  of the flight plans in PATC are pretty poor. Simbrief makes excellent flightplans. So why you are taking a mediocre flight plan and and cut and paste it into a really good flight planner is way beyond my understanding. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Gaz

You have an option in the Aerosoft Bus MCDU no3 (Shift4 to open it) to deactivate or activate the "Hotkeys". In this case the "1" that conflicts with your Atc program.

Everything is explained in the "Vol-In P3D.pdf" file located in your Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\Documentation folder.

Regards,

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

10 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Bottom  line. many  of the flight plans in PATC are pretty poor. Simbrief makes excellent flightplans. So why you are taking a mediocre flight plan and and cut and paste it into a really good flight planner is way beyond my understanding

Interesting. I have to admit, I didn't know which was producing the better flight plan. Given what you've said, I'll stick to Simbrief and try to get it into PROATC from there. I would think that's an easy cut + paste job. 

7 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

You have an option in the Aerosoft Bus MCDU no3 (Shift4 to open it) to deactivate or activate the "Hotkeys". In this case the "1" that conflicts with your Atc program.

I think I understand, but I'd like to keep the keys and checklists done by the Aerosoft aircraft. Therefore, I think I need to be able to change how I'm able to talk to proatc. I can see the Options screen with a list of what may be said, and I'll try and change it. 

Since I installed p3d, I've changed so many keys, I almost feel like I'm using a different program! Lol

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Change the keys in PATCX that is what I did.  You are on the right track the keys are changed under options.  I use a combination of keys it is hard to find single keys that are unused in P3DV4.  Good luck and hang in there it will come.

16 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Bottom  line. many  of the flight plans in PATC are pretty poor. Simbrief makes excellent flightplans. So why you are taking a mediocre flight plan and and cut and paste it into a really good flight planner is way beyond my understanding. 

I'm happy to try that, but I get an error message when I try to copy the string into ProATC See the error message here.

Gaz on Facebook

1 hour ago, Gary McCluskey said:

I'm happy to try that, but I get an error message when I try to copy the string into ProATC See the error message here.

Well, the message is pretty clear: the first waypoint, which is NATEB, is too close to the airport (which is correct: it actually is ON the airport). So my suggestion is to edit out NETAB and P18 so the first waypoint will be GASKO. That should solve it.

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, J van E said:

Well, the message is pretty clear: the first waypoint, which is NATEB, is too close to the airport (which is correct: it actually is ON the airport). So my suggestion is to edit out NETAB and P18 so the first waypoint will be GASKO. That should solve it.

I'll give it a go, thanks. 

Gaz on Facebook

2 hours ago, J van E said:

Interesting..  It's this one that seems to be able to be copied from Simbrief: EGNT P18 GASKO P16 RIBEL UP16 CROFT DCT KEPAD UL151 KIDLI DCT KIDLI EGKK. P18 needed to be left in - I got confused!  😁

I will try it again - but to be honest I find the comms actually quite difficult.

Thanks, Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

I use FSX and I am trying ProATC v1.85. I get the flightplans loaded and things work well until I come to approach. The ATC vectors me in way to high to make the landing. I have tried PMDG 737-800 and the default 727-800. Same problem. Anyone have any ideas.

Current version of Pro ATC X is 1.9.2.2.

You should head over to their forum, update and ask there if there are still any problems left

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 12/6/2018 at 7:22 AM, guenseli said:

Current version of Pro ATC X is 1.9.2.2.

You should head over to their forum, update and ask there if there are still any problems left

Mine shows shows 1.9.2.5

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

To clarify, the current full version is 1.9.2.2. When you first launch it, it will prompt you to update (in-app) to 1.9.2.5. There is no full installer for 1.9.2.5.

Walter Meier