Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Using ProATC/X problems

Hi.

I'm sorry for posting here, but I've tried on the official website and not got a good response (if any).

I've read the manual, installed the software and created a flight plan. Because of the settings in ProATC here, I would expect (when I create a ProATC flight plan), that files would appear where expected in the list on that screenshot - but there are no *.pln files. When I have P3D running, and I right-click on my flightplan to say that I want to fly now, I takes me to P3D, but it does not load the flight plan into P3D, and I was expecting that...  I was expecting it to load into the FMC as well, but again, nothing.

I suppose I can't be surprised because when I create the flight plan, no file seems to be created at all in the appropriate file paths, so how can anything get loaded into the system? I've read the manual, and I'm completely stuck now because my ProATCX simply doesn't seem to create flight path files, nor does it effect my aircraft.

I'd love some help so that after I create the flight plan, and say to fly it, why is nothing loaded into P3D?

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Hi Gary,

ProAtc ist really great. To answer to your question: You must request clearance for your flight. After "fly now" you have to use shortcut "1" to get clearance. This is the moment, where ProAtc will transmit the flightplan to your simulator, not ealier.

All the best,

Kurt

Thanks Kurt, I hadn't tried that,and it has made a difference, but I'm not sure it's easy! Anyway, I need to learn how to go through those checklists because I don't really understand what is being said.

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

4 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Anyway, I need to learn how to go through those checklists because I don't really understand what is being said.

Getting to know ProATC can be a bit daunting at first but in the end it's very easy... ;) My advice though is to not use those checklists right away: they only make things more complicated imho. First try to get ATC itself working and once you've mastered that (so if you managed to complete a few flights satisfactory from start to finish) start thinking about other options.

Jeroen is right: just forget about checklists. Create a flight in ProAtc, use"Fly now", switch to "Follow Flight" (in German "Flug verfolgen" - not shure, how it is called in English). Switch to ground frequency. Hit 1 to get clearance (now your Fpl will be moved to your Addon and P3D, add Sid, Star and Approach to your Fpl, set Transponder, hit 1 to start engines, 1 to get taxi clearance - on your way to the assigned runway wait for tower frequency. At your holding point near the runway hit 1 - you will get "Line up and wait", after a few seconds "Wind ... Cleared for takeoff". And here we go!

Thanks both. I'll give it a go! 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

I  would  follow  the  tutorial  first  since  its  a  basic  flight

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Go to options and you can set ProATC to handle the radios and other task for the co pilot.  Give him the radios and it will set the radios and transponders.  You can also set the buttons to control all the checklist and other settings as well.  Like Pete said I did the tutorial flight and it helped alot.

Thanks everyone, that has really helped. The flight plan gets loaded into P3D now when I press the 1-key.  I will no doubt have a few other problems becuase I'm a beginner to this - but you've got me off the starting block.

One question at the moment: I'm using the Aerosoft Airbus Professional, so before I start with the 1-key at all, I get the radios going ( from a cold a dark state). I had noticed that the actual flight plan had loaded into P3D, but there is no flight plan in the MCDU. I have checked, and there is no flight plan file in the directory where they are normally stored for that aircraft. Is this normal - does it support that aircraft's flight plan files for the Aerosoft Airbus? (The flight plans page is shown here on my PC. I have made sure the Airbus ones are correct.)

Thanks, Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Do you use Prepar3d v4.x? ProATC/X can not export the flightplan directly to the AS Professional Busses (as far as I know), it only has a Support for the old AS Busses, maybe a future update will add the support for the professinal ones again. Instead, create your flightplan and copy the flightplan out of the edit window on the upper right panel (above the map). Use the AS company route editor to create a file that you can then load into your MCDU. Example: LSZH DCT TRA UN865 DCT MOGUL DCT EDDF (fully fictional out of my mind). Copy TRA UN865 DCT MOGUL into the company route editor, define LSZH as departure, EDDF as arrival and save the route as LSZHEDDF01. Of course, this works best if ProATC/X and the AS Professional Busses use the same NAV database.

If above tells you nothing, I would recommend to start with reading the manuals. Basically, both ProATC/X and the AS Professional Busses have nice manuals that explain all basic stuff pretty well.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

maybe a future update will add the support for the professinal ones again

I'm disappointed about this. It means that I have to do something manual, which I don't at the moment (I simply get the files needed from SimBrief, but I use the built-in ATC 😐 ). Given that they're new aircraft, maybe that's the problem...

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

I would recommend to start with reading the manuals

I didn't start reading the manuals, but I was told to, and did. It seems that it was a bit of a waste of time if the app does not support the aircraft. However, maybe in the future it will - just got to keep an open mind about it.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Well, come on, it takes about 20 seconds to copy the route from ProATC/X to the Company Route Editor from AS. And SID/STARs you have to enter anyway manually in the MCDU. At least you do not have to enter the full route manually, no?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Well, come on

I'll try, then. 🤘

Gaz on Facebook

Hi Gary, this is a copy of a private message I left you:-

"

Hi Gary,

I noticed your were struggling with ProATC, so I thought I jump in and offer some help. First and foremost welcome to PATC. I have been a user and beta tester since ProATC was first released, below is a  video on it's use. How to get the flightplan into the new A318/20 Pro (I use it 3 times a day everyday). Go to "Options/Folder Paths and use the "top" path for the AS Pro (all models) C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Flightplans\ This will insert the FP at the correct time (after you ask for clearance) I have loads of vids on my channel showing both the A318 and A320 with ProATC in action. Hope this helps.

I have also put the link to the ProATC Help Facebook page, where you can go to get help with using ProATC."

Edited by SierraHotel
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

2 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

How to get the flightplan into the new A318/20 Pro (I use it 3 times a day everyday). Go to "Options/Folder Paths and use the "top" path for the AS Pro (all models) C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Flightplans\ 

If you look at my screenshot (above),  you can see that I have put that flight path into the ProATC (for Aerosoft Airbus *.flp), but nothing ever goes into that folder if I create the flight plan..?  There is no way (when I'm programming the MCDU) of me selecting a flight plan... 

Gaz on Facebook