Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

[no further development!] GSX Library (1.5)

Attention: since the release of GSX L2 there have changed some door options and variables which would lead to a complete overhaul of my GSX library.

Therefore any further develeopment of the GSX Library is abandoned and I do not recommend to use it any more!

However if one wants to use it, feel free to do so 😉 But no support

Hello,

with the release of GSX level 2 I have redone the LINDA GSX Door Automation from ground up.

You have now to use the GSX library

Supported planes (Sept 2018)

... more to follow

The advantage is, that it is much easier for me to add new aircraft for the door service, by just add them to the library, not changing the aircraft module every time.

What does the GSX door automation function do?

As the name says: if you call GSX catering, cargo and passenger vehicles, the aircrafts will open and close the doors itself. The advantage is, that you do not have to take care, which doors should be opened, according to a gate with a jetway or a parking stand with stairs. Even different models are supported, so will a 747F use other doors then the Pax version.

How to install?

Put the extracted file (download link above) "lib-GSX.lua" into the following folder:

Prepar3D v4\Modules\linda\libs

Of course, the sim and LINDA shouldn't run.

You have to use the latest modules for the supported aircrafts (list above).

GSX Aircraft profiles:

Some aircrafts need special GSX profiles. Currently this the Majestic Dash 8 and the PMDG 747-8(F)

All these and future profiles could be downloaded here:

GSX-Aircraft Profiles

Install them into C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes

(All credits for the 747-8 profiles to Bob Scott!!!)

Leonardo Maddog has GSX Service implemented with SP1. Reset the GSX aircraft profile!

How to disable?

open the following file with and editor (best is LINDA editor, DO NOT use Word etc.!):

Prepar3D v4\Modules\linda\aircrafts\YourAircraft\actions.lua

Search for the function:

function Timer () 

GSX_door_automation () 

Delete or comment the GSX_Door_automation (). It should look in the end like:

function Timer () 

-- GSX_door_automation () 

Have fun!

Edited by ScotFlieger
1.5 bugfix
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Unfortunately" I do not own the iFly 747 … maybe someone else could realise it and send me the code

Guenter Steiner

13 hours ago, guenseli said:

Hello,

with the release of GSX level 2 I have redone the LINDA GSX Door Automation from ground up.

You have now to use the GSX library

Supported planes (Sept 2018)

• PMDG 747
  • PMDG 777
  • PMDG 737
  • Majestic Dash 8

... more to follow

The advantage is, that it is much easier for me to add new aircraft for the door service, by just add them to the library, not changing the aircraft module every time.

What does the GSX door automation function do?

As the name says: if you call GSX catering, cargo and passenger vehicles, the aircrafts will open and close the doors itself. The advantage is, that you do not have to take care, which doors should be opened, according to a gate with a jetway or a parking stand with stairs. Even different models are supported, so will a 747F use other doors then the Pax version.

How to install?

Put the extracted file (download link above) "lib-GSX.lua" into the following folder:

Prepar3D v4\Modules\linda\libs

Of course, the sim and LINDA shouldn't run. Use the latest modules for the supported aircrafts (list above).

How to disable?

open the following file with and editor (best is LINDA editor, DO NOT use Word etc.!):

Prepar3D v4\Modules\linda\aircrafts\YourAircraft\actions.lua

Search for the function:

function Timer () 

GSX_door_automation () 

Delete or comment the GSX_Door_automation (). It should look in the end like:

function Timer () 

-- GSX_door_automation () 

Have fun!

This seems very interesting!

Unfortunately i don't know how to use it.

So i've downloaded the file in this post and i searched for the latest Linda version and also put it in the modules folder. After that I put the GSX library file in the Prepar3D v4\Modules\linda\libs folder

After that i ran the SIM and requested catering, it still asks me to open the doors. What else do i need to do?

Thanks!

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

You have to install the updated modules for the above listed planes.

Good point, I will update the installation guide above

Guenter Steiner

7 hours ago, guenseli said:

You have to install the updated modules for the above listed planes.

Good point, I will update the installation guide above

Hey thanks for your reply

I did figure that out and install the module for the 777 from the forum. However when I start p3d, Linda starts as normal. It's in sync with the Sim as well. Unfortunately when I call for catering. It keeps asking me to open doors. 

Do I need to do something to activate it? 

Vabb-Mumbai India.

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

This is so great.  Thanks for your work here Guenter.

Absolutely. Many thanks.

Petraeus

3 hours ago, Falconfly said:

Do I need to do something to activate it? 

No, you shouldn't. (If you use 777 module 1.4?!)

Could you please tell me which variant of the 777 you talk about? 200, 300, F?

Do you have any special GSX configuration for the 777?

Maybe you try to reset the GSX aircarft cfg for the 777. You can backup the original one … just for trying?

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

37 minutes ago, guenseli said:

No, you shouldn't. (If you use 777 module 1.4?!)

Could you please tell me which variant of the 777 you talk about? 200, 300, F?

Do you have any special GSX configuration for the 777?

Maybe you try to reset the GSX aircarft cfg for the 777. You can backup the original one … just for trying?

The 300-er

I'll try that and report back. Thanks. 

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Is there a way to keep the SimConnect Message Window closed?

Also, this may be very interesting for people that don't own the MCP II panel, is it safe to assume that this works independent of hardware?

Edited by MarkW

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Leonardo Maddog added

Remember to install the new Maddog module!

Guenter Steiner

13 hours ago, MarkW said:

Is there a way to keep the SimConnect Message Window closed?

Yes, this was an error. Forgot to disable this testing dialog. Please re-download the GSX-lib and replace.

Yes, I think, it should also work if you do not have an MCP Combo. MCP Combo is simply to show door open n the display, nothing more.

Guenter Steiner

16 hours ago, Falconfly said:

The 300-er

Tried it again and no issues here.

But maybe you have to change the PMDG Door settings reagarding armed/disarmed in the FMC?

Otherwise I do not have an idea right now.

Guenter Steiner

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

Yes, this was an error. Forgot to disable this testing dialog. Please re-download the GSX-lib and replace.

Yes, I think, it should also work if you do not have an MCP Combo. MCP Combo is simply to show door open n the display, nothing more.

ok thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000