Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

[no further development!] GSX Library (1.5)

48 minutes ago, ram123 said:

HI,

can you please add profiles of aerosoft a318/319/320/321. Many thanks.

I do not own it and do not plan this … sorry!

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 minutes ago, guenseli said:

I do not own it and do not plan this … sorry!

At least please advise how to program it for the newbies..

• Upvote 1

It is on one side not easy on the other side it is ...

If you have knownledge in LUA programming you could make it easily yourself, simply using the "template" inside the GSX lib LUA script. And insert then the according functions to open and close the doors.

But if you don't know anything about it I can't explain it easily.

I think at least it would be much faster that you make a request in the aerosoft forum that they should implement it ...

Guenter Steiner

27 minutes ago, guenseli said:

It is on one side not easy on the other side it is ...

If you have knownledge in LUA programming you could make it easily yourself, simply using the "template" inside the GSX lib LUA script. And insert then the according functions to open and close the doors.

But if you don't know anything about it I can't explain it easily.

I think at least it would be much faster that you make a request in the aerosoft forum that they should implement it ...

I will try to make request in aerosoft forum. Let's see what answers they have got .

Hi All,

Pardon my ignorance with this fantastic piece of software (I'm only just learning about LINDA) but is there a way for me to add my own 'calls' to GSX actions? For example, if I wanted to call a the funciton that opens the NGX L1 Door and connect the GPU when GSX activates the jetway....how would I go about doing that? 🙂

Cheers,

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

In general it is possible, yes...

But it is not easy to explain, as it needs proper programing skills in LUA and the knowledge how to gather and find the functions from the addon itself and GSX.

I would count more on the addon developer itself (PMDG), however that would be take it's time … if

Guenter Steiner

Another question please in relation to GSX, LINDA and the PMDG 747-400.

I have the current GSX Library installed and the current PMDG 747-400 module installed. I can see both via the LINDA interface and have allocated a number of buttons to PMDG functions - no issues.

Upon calling the GSX catering and boarding services, LINDA is failing to open the relevant doors. I can open them manually via the PMDG FMC but if I don't do that I continue to get the GSX SIMCONNECT messages to open the doors.

Interestingly, upon the GSX catering and Boarding functions completing, LINDA is automatically closing the relevant doors.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

A note to add to the last post (because I couldn't seem to edit it). 

When the catering vehicles leave, the R1 door closes automatically, however the R5 door closes and then reopens again. Odd.

Even stranger - Upon GSX boarding complete, LINDA closes L1, L2, FWD CARGO, AFT CARGO but then OPENS L4 AND L5?

It's seems like LINDA is sending the wrong door close messages to the aircraft. 

Any ideas what I might be able to do to further troubleshoot this? I would have thought lots of people would have reported it if it was a common problem. 

Kael Oswald

On 12/16/2018 at 3:32 AM, KL Oo said:

A note to add to the last post (because I couldn't seem to edit it). 

When the catering vehicles leave, the R1 door closes automatically, however the R5 door closes and then reopens again. Odd.

Even stranger - Upon GSX boarding complete, LINDA closes L1, L2, FWD CARGO, AFT CARGO but then OPENS L4 AND L5?

It's seems like LINDA is sending the wrong door close messages to the aircraft. 

Any ideas what I might be able to do to further troubleshoot this? I would have thought lots of people would have reported it if it was a common problem. 

Well, in my case no door is opened or closed by GSX with the PMDG 744. I have GSX module 1.5 and PMDG 744 module 1.5. Using P3Dv4 and GSXv2.

I would also want to know how to troubleshoot this. I don't know what logs I need to look at.

Hello,

do you both start with a default load state, doors closed?

Have you changed the PMDG Door arming logic in the FMC from automatic to manual or vice versa or whatever?

Do you probably use the PMDG turn around (which also closes or opens the doors) or any other tool which interferes with doors (like FSPassenger or FSCaptain e.g.)?

Electrical power if needed?

It is possible that with certain actions the P3D/FSX system (and therefore GSX) doesn't recognize if a door is open or not or also the other way round. So it is important to be sure to have a default state with closed doors to start from and test.

Guenter Steiner

Hi Guenseli,

In my case I start with a cold and dark setup that has ALL doors closed and armed. I've tried it with various combinations of armed and not armed ant it doesn't seem to make any difference on my setup. In ground operations my 'Turn Type' is set to OFF (I had no idea that option was there or what it actually does). 

Electrical power is ON from then ground when I request. 

I'm not sure what else there is I can check or change. Any other ideas?

Kael Oswald

Try to not arm the doors and save the state.

best would be, you choose the PMDG default state, cut engines off, and start deboarding.

LINDA GSX door service should then work.

But if that also doesn't work I have no clue what happens there

Edited by ScotFlieger

Guenter Steiner

Can somebody please help on how and where to put the files.. Kinda lost here. A step to step what to download and where to put them.. Thanks..