Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

[no further development!] GSX Library (1.5)

If you point out what do you not understand from the explanation in the first post I try to help you further to get things sorted out hopefully.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 minutes ago, guenseli said:

If you point out what do you not understand from the explanation in the first post I try to help you further to get things sorted out hopefully.

Well I'm new to this. I was just reading about it. The main thing I want is to do is to have GSX2 open and close all the doors. 

Hi,

I know chances are (very) slim but could this be done for the Level-D B767?

Just trying my luck 😏

Cheers
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

17 hours ago, seahorse said:

I know chances are (very) slim

Exactly 😋

Sorry, but I haven't installed the 767 and therefore I could not help you in this case.

If you have the variables to open/close the doors, you could implement it into the GSX script

Guenter Steiner

Hi,

I am trying to make an Automatic door handling for aerosoft airbus a320 for FSX. Although, i have placed the GSX_door.xml in SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems\GSX_Doors.xml. I also added this line gauge10=../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems!GSX_Doors, 0,0,1,1 to panel.cfg at the bottom of [VCockpit02] section:
 I also made changes to aircraft door custom door checks (pics attached).But, things are not working. attached files.

ATTACHMENTS.
GSX DOOR.XML FILE
PANEL.CFG OF AEROSOFT AIRBUS A320CFM
GSX.CFG  OF AEROSOFT AIRBUS A320CFM
PICTURES

For attachment see https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1El0fKtkRUVwk0pzlXeVgnNtuwsX8Dnwo?usp=sharing

Can any1 here help me with his?.

Below is the reply which i received from gsx forums 

-----------------------------QUOTE------------------------

I cannot possibly help you troubleshooting your own gauge, but at least a couple of things are clearly wrong in your FSX.CFG

1) The XML expressions are missing the parenthesis so, for example, this 

L:AB_DOOR_PAX_RIGHT_FWD, number

should be like this:

(L:AB_DOOR_PAX_RIGHT_FWD, number)

As it is in the configuration that comes with GSX for the Aerosoft Airbus. In fact, our default config was like this:

(L:AB_DOOR_PAX_RIGHT_FWD, number) 90 >=

Which is basically the same, but it's done like this so loaders will raise only when the door is also almost completely open, to prevent clashing into it. But that's a minor thing.

2) You have custom XML expression only for the 2 service doors, while the configuration that comes with GSX have all 5 doors with custom XML variables, since the airplane use them for all doors.

These two are surely wrong, but please don't ask me to debug your gauge, since that long XML expression is basically unreadable. Not your fault, it's just that XML code shouldn't be used for logic, since it's not really a language, but if you do it anyway, it can be done, but it's almost impossible to understand.

----------------------------------------------unquote---------------------------------------

Sorry, my answer would be the same.

I have no clue about implementing gauges or whatever you try. LINDA does not need any editing of any XML or panel.cfgs etc.

You need LUA/XML variables which have to be inserted into the LINDA GSX module if you want to use it.

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

15 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Sorry, my answer would be the same.

I have no clue about implementing gauges or whatever you try. LINDA does not need any editing of any XML or panel.cfgs etc.

You need LUA/XML variables which have to be inserted into the LINDA GSX module if you want to use it.

Guenseli, thanks for swift response.

Can you direct me to some other forum/person who can provide a possible solution? 

Hi Guys,

I recently got LINDA and downloaded the latest PMDG 747 Modules for it. I start the flight with Panel State: ON GPU and when I request boarding everything works fine until Boarding is completed. Once its completed all my doors keep opening and closing consistently until pushback is done. This happens in the 400/-8i

I read above that you say to turn off the door arming logic in the FMC do you mean the Door Arming Indicator?

Any help to resolve would be appreciated. 

On 9/17/2018 at 8:42 PM, guenseli said:

Attention: since the release of GSX L2 there have changed some door options and variables which would lead to a complete overhaul of my GSX library.

Therefore any further develeopment of the GSX Library is abandoned and I do not recommend to use it any more!

However if one wants to use it, feel free to do so 😉 But no support

Could you tell us what the changes are please ?

Variables and maybe timings changed as far as I can say.

What exactly I do not know but it doesn't work as expected. Building that GSX library was a lot of work and I do not have the time to dig in that code again and re-work it.

Guenter Steiner

3 hours ago, guenseli said:

Variables and maybe timings changed as far as I can say.

What exactly I do not know but it doesn't work as expected. Building that GSX library was a lot of work and I do not have the time to dig in that code again and re-work it.

OK. I'll try to dig deeper and will send my wrok to you 😉