Sign in to follow this  
psp5213

Landing in (LGMK) Mykonos

Hi, try to land on 34 rwy vor approach. the cockpit configre for landing, flaps 40, vnav arm, auto t arm, the plane descent and abuot 1000 ft the engine suddenly accelerate and start to climb. can someone tell me what I am doing worng?

Regards

Aviv Shefer

What is the airplane telling you that it is doing?  Hint:  Look at FMA.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have landed at this airport, quite a few times without any hitches using the Jet2.com livery,in FSX and in P3D too.

Why do you continually start threads having problems flying the airplane and asking for help and when you are asked something back to help you, you write „thanks for the answer I will try again“? It‘s always the same... 

if you‘re having trouble with english just write in your mother language. We can use translators. But I don‘t think you are very successful mastering the airplane... 

But you really should make yourself comfortable with the 737, go through the FCOM if possible, learn its functions... what you describe sounds to me like you have accidentally pressed the TOGA button and the airplane goes around. But none of us is sitting next to you. We really need information if you want us to help you.

VOR approaches often transition onto the missed approach part on their own. The thing you forgot to do at the published minimum was to disconnect the autopilot and recycle the flight directors. These things are what you learn from the books.

The 737NGX is a study level aircraft. You have to do the study if you want to use the advanced functions. It's behaving exactly as per the real aircraft in this situation, actually as in all the situations you've asked questions on. Please do the work and read the books, then watch the tutorials. All of them.

• Upvote 2

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!