Sign in to follow this  
bigsky10

690B MOD v5.0

I had to re-install 690B Turbo because of some problems.  I am using FSUIPC and FSX. When I reinstalled the MOD the landing lights will on toggle with my key stoke.  I am positive it worked OK before.  I am now clicking the switches with the mouse pointer to make them operate. Anybody have any suggestions.

Dick

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz,10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4MB Ram

Try to email Bill, its author, about this. He recently issued a new zip that solved several issues I had with the mod v5, including the landing lights switches.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi,

there are some way that the EGT temp raise slowly accord to the spool up of the TPE turbine, (rpm, FF, HP) like the plane do in the   RL, having the excellent MOD the EGT raises fast to the limit and them decreases when the TPE finish the spool up and the start finish, 

Thanks in the advance,

RB

Hi: I installed this mod, but I can't get my throttled to work. I assigned them to my plane through FSUIPC either directly, or normally, using throttle axis, throttle set, et c.  When I apply full throttle, they jump back to idle, and the throttles visually "dance." I marked out Gauge_UPDATE_THROTTLE, but they still don't work.  Any ideas? Thanks for all of these great mods.  Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

38 minutes ago, mongo44 said:

Hi: I installed this mod, but I can't get my throttled to work. I assigned them to my plane through FSUIPC either directly, or normally, using throttle axis, throttle set, et c.  When I apply full throttle, they jump back to idle, and the throttles visually "dance." I marked out Gauge_UPDATE_THROTTLE, but they still don't work.  Any ideas? Thanks for all of these great mods.  Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

Hi, do you have experience with TPE Garrett turbines? they are a lot different of the tipical PT6 Free turbine, i think that you hace the Start Locks active, after the start, and when you are ready to Tax you need to put the power levers on REV, (all way back down) see in the annuciator panel that Beta Lights are On, them put again on idle, 

After this you should tax the plane and have al the power normal, some pilots do this procedure before even start the engines, but the checklist says that do it when you are ready to tax, hope this help,

RB

Just FYI, this is not how the start locks work IRL. IRL you can freely move the power levers, but if the start locks are engaged, the propellers are staying at a flat pitch which means that even with the power levers full forward the plane doesn't move.

Btw, IRL it can also happen that if you apply power with the start locks engaged, that one start lock suddenly unlocks at a very high RPM and then things are start to get interesting fast 😉

Unlocking the throttles did the trick. Thanks for the lesson.  Mike Gutierrez

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

On 9/20/2018 at 9:51 AM, RobertBernardK said:

some pilots do this procedure before even start the engines,

???

NEVER attempt to start a TPE331 when the props are not in the locks. You will for sure get a hot start and melt down your turbine. The drag of the prop is way too high to get the engine spooling up.

Furthermore, if you bring the power lever in the reverse position with engine not running, assuming the engine control switch is in AIR Start position (to get the unfeathering pump on line), the prop will go toward feathering, but as s the prop is not rotating, the locks will stay in place as inertia moves the locks away - that why the chek list says 85% rpm minimum. As soon as you will set the power lever back to idle, the blades will hit the locks again.

What you are reffering to is the procedure to bring back the prop in the locks BEFORE starting, in case you failed to lock the propeller at shutdown or had a prop feathered for any reason.

• Upvote 1

Now have the v5 mods - thanks Bill!  Just starting to check through it but immediately notice the different AP will not power up - at least using the pop up gauge. Using P3Dv4.3.  Anyone else find this?

UPDATE: have installed the XML Tools (said I already had it but overwrote it with the latest one from FS Developers.  No change.  Commented out the new AP with the default in both the pop up and VC entries.  As with the new AP, the default AP refuses to switch on using the mouse or hitting the Z key.  It just flips on and back off again. 

On the co-pilot's overhead panel you will find a "Avionic's" section. The auto-pilot master power switch is located there. You must have that switch in the on position.

You're Welcome! That happened to me as well--wondering why the auto pilot was not working.

Just a note to thank Bill for this terrific set of mods. Functions and flies very differently from the default.  Really transforms the aircraft and makes it a "Carenado AC690B v.2" in my view.  The Dash 10 engines really make this a hot ship.