Sign in to follow this  
Juan Miguel Thurburn

PMDG 737 Installer will not launch

After reinstalling PR3D V4 in a larger SSD I cannot reinstall my PMDG737. No dialog box, nothing. I am running as an Admin, deactivated (even uninstalled) the AV, deactivated the Windows Firewall, nothing.

The only message I get is from Windows  asking for my confirmation to allow a change in the system. Type YES and nothing else happens.

Started a ticket with PMDG technical support with no success so far. 

Please help. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Juan Miguel Thurburn said:

Type YES and nothing else happens.

Type, or click? If you're typing "yes" then there's something wrong with your system.

Microsoft rolled out some changes to Win10 a while back that would cause installers to hang for 5-15 minutes, and then they'd work just fine. Make sure your system is up to date.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you, I meant "click".

Tried your tip, launching, waiting and nothing. Windows 10 updates itself automatically in my system.

Everything else works well, I reinstalled all the addons in the new SSD where PR3D resides with no issues, except the PMDG737. 

Any other thoughts please?

Tried your tip, launching, waiting and nothing.

How long are you waiting?

*Any* installer literally took 5-15 minutes (occasionally longer) to even appear after I clicked the Yes option.

Kyle Rodgers

What else can be done please?

Not sure anything can be done from our end. Something on your system is preventing it from running. What that might be is entirely dependent on what you have installed.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Kyle. I am somewhat baffled by this last statement of yours.

So just to make sure I understand please. Are you saying that after successfully migrating all other paid flight simulation software to my new SSD, the fact that same migration may not be possible in the (only) case of PMDG's 737 is being judged by your Company as entirely dependent on your customer and not on your product?

Readers in this Forum may benefit from knowing that all the following paid products were not affected by the problem I am having with PMDG's 737. 

1. PR3D V4.3
  2. ORBX (various products, including England, South America, Global, Vector, Trees, Barcelona)
  3. CARENADO I390 PREMIER 
  4. GSX - 2
  5. Airport Enhancer
  6. Malaga
  7. Menorca
  8. Mallorca
  9. Ibiza
  10. Tropical Sim Guarulhos, Sao Paulo Brazil
  11. Tropical Sim Jobim, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  12. Tropical Sim Carrasco, Montevideo, Uruguay
  13. Super Traffic Board
  14. Ultimate Traffic Live

Please confirm my understanding. Best regards, Juan Miguel.

3 minutes ago, Juan Miguel Thurburn said:

Readers in this Forum may benefit from knowing that all the following paid products were not affected by the problem I am having with PMDG's 737. 

This would've been nice to know earlier, honestly. You'll have to forgive me for starting to go down the installer issue avenue because of the actual fact that it has been an issue with Windows lately, and you didn't really provide any counterpoints until literally just now...so please avoid the accusatory tone. You can't withhold information like that, and then dump it all out there as if it were known evidence between the two of us the whole time. I'm here to help you. You have to help me help you, and painting me as the enemy really, really isn't going to help either of us.

All the same, I can see you've been a customer of ours for over a year now. That in mind, I have to assume that you were able to install the software between then and now. As such, you know that the problem isn't directly with the installer. Perhaps your copy has gotten corrupted? Something is wrong, but again - given the facts in front of me: you've successfully installed this before, and nobody else is reporting this issue - I have to rest with the issue being external.

I think we both know that you've installed this before, successfully, so I'm sure you know that this isn't a PMDG issue directly. So...help me help you track down the issue...Have you tried re-downloading an installer? Are you running the installer out of the zip file, or are you extracting it first?

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, please ask me all the questions that may help to identify the root cause of the issue. I am here in the Forum only because the ticket discussion became inactive after my latest response yesterday.

Thanks, Juan Miguel.

25 minutes ago, Juan Miguel Thurburn said:

please ask me all the questions that may help to identify the root cause of the issue

I asked two in my last post. Start there.

You're the one with the info. Provide as much as you can. Any info is better than withheld info, honestly.

Based on our interactions here, I’m not surprised the ticket hasn’t progressed. We need info in order to even begin to suggest things.

Again, knowing:

1. You’re the only one reporting this issue; and

2. You had this working before.

...the data is on the side of everything being fine from our perspective, outside of your computer. Help me understand what might be unique about your situation. What changed? What software? Download managers? Browsers? Procedure? Running from the zip? Having your brother or sister attempt to run it for you? Is the monitor on?

Kyle Rodgers

Here we go:

1. All new hardware, with all legal software. Intel Core I7 7700 3,60 GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX 1080 8GB Video card, SSD 250 GB as Boot Disk, SSD 500 GB for flight simulation programs. Operating System is Windows 10 Pro (licensed) updated by Microsoft automatically. All 64, processor and operating system Initially installed PR3DV4 on disk C : This is a 250 GB SSD, All addons also installed in C
  2. Running out of space I installed Disk E: This is a 500 GB SSD primarily for flight simulation programs. 
  3. Installed PMDG 737 initially in disk C : and worked well. Never needed to reinstall again, this nor any other program. All worked well. no unexpected close downs, nothing. Perfect. The PMDG 737 installed correctly, once and for ever until now.
  4. Migrated all programs to disk E: all done under the same protocol. Uninstall here. Install there. all works fine again. Now I have plenty of disk space to continue with scenarios, other addons, etc. Not one problem, except for PMDG 737. All installers are run from the extracted file, not from the ZIP. All are run "As Administrator". 
  5. Opened a Ticket with your colleagues. Followed their instructions, deactivated the AV, even uninstalled it. Turned off Windows Firewall. Downloaded the installer from your site again, making sure I was using the latest available. 
  6. Made sure the registry was clean from older installations, using 1) Advance System Care (paid version) and 2) CCleaner. No issues. Looked up the registry myself, found no traces.
  7. Tried running the installer from the other disks, C : and D :
  8. Used Free Download Manager first, then direct from the Browser. No difference, installer does not work.
  9. Browser used for downloads is Chrome. 
  10. The systems uses Microsoft Office (licensed) and One Drive cloud services. No "strange software". No cracks. Everything works well and very fast. 
  11. No one else than me works with this equipment. 
  12. Difficult to think something unique in my computer being such a careful and compliant user.

What else please. Thanks, Juan Miguel.

Turn off One Drive and see if you can run the installer for the NGX.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Juan, do you have enough space on your new SSD to install the 737? Don't know if is this legal but can you try to install on other computer (from a friend or family) just to test the installer?

• Like 1

Ok, my 2 cents:

1. Turn off the UAC for the testing, meaning no asking, nothing -> completely off. Sometimes as Kyle mentioned the explorer gets stuck while reading the file. (simplified)

2. redownload and share the hash of the file, doesn't matter which one just tell us if it's 1, 32, 64 or 256 etc.. A good way is the have 7zip. It adds the option CRC SHA to the context menu of your files. (for easy copy-paste double-click the value.)

After doing this;

Move the installer to your E drive. Then do step 1.

Try running in compatibility mode, use Win7 64. This can help if the install shield has a problem with the windows version (again simplified).

Launch your browser in admin mode then redownload- do step 1 and 2 here again.

This is all I can think of right now.

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png