Sign in to follow this  
ryanairpisa2012

Fs2crew NGX doesn’t pick up my voice

Hello, I have used fs 2 crew voice for a long time now but recently it stopped picking up my voice. It says “voice” in the corner of the Fs2crew display, but no green bar appears. It used to recognise my voice fine, but suddenly it doesn’t. Please help. 

Are you able to run the voice training again just to ensure your mic isn't broken?

Failing that, try this:

Question: I'm running Windows 10.  The system is not hearing my voice.

Answer:

Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio, Asus Sonic Radar and Asus Studio 3 if you have them installed. That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Exiting that software prior to loading FS solved the issue for him.

Long story short: Watch out for audio related bloatware that comes with certain motherboards.

If using a laptop, you may need to disable your built in mic on the laptop in order for your headset mic to be detected.

Another user had to disable the RealTek Audio Manager.

Thankyou for your help; I don’t have any of those programmes installed though. My Cortana picks up what I say perfectly. Just no green bar in fs 2 crew. I’m at a loss, all the settings are correct. I don’t know how to disable Realtek audio manager, but I’m considering a complete resintall. 

Thanks 

Hello, I fixed it, it was Ezdok. I uninstalled Ezdok camera add on and now it works. Would you know of any way I could get Ezdok to work with Fs2crew, as I love both add ons :(

hello, ive reinstalled everything, even a fresh copy of windows. I have realtek hd drivers and I know these dont work with fs2crew voice, so how can i uninstall them and have windows 10 install its own ones? could you possibly do remote access to help me with my voice recognition issue to get it sorted please?

If you did a fresh install of Win 10, you should be okay.

The problem for you happened when you installed the 3rd party audio drivers from your motherboard's "extra goodies" disk.

Check this out:

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-uninstall-the-realtek-hd-audio-driver

Thankyou for the help, but I also thought the problem would be fixed by a new install of windows but It hasn’t been. I’ve uninstalled Realtek hd audio driver and checked the sim and voice is working but then as soon as my computer is shut down and restarted, the computer sort of realises the Realtek isn’t there anymore and all my sound goes away. I can’t find any other driver other than Realtek. So now I have no sound. How can I get Microsoft default drivers for the audio? 

Hello, I have phoned a pc repair shop and they said they could install a new sound card for me. It will cost £70 and I’m just wondering do you think that will solve the problem?if I can get a new non default sound card and then get a new driver. 

10 hours ago, ryanairpisa2012 said:

I’ve uninstalled Realtek hd audio driver and checked the sim and voice is working but then as soon as my computer is shut down and restarted, the computer sort of realises the Realtek isn’t there anymore and all my sound goes away. 

It's hard to trouble shoot hardware issues over an online forum.

It sounds like your computer has some kind of issue.

But 70 pounds just to install a sound card sound excessive.

In most modern computers, the default sound on your motherboard is good enough.

When you re-installed windows, did you install the drivers off your motherboard's support disk?

A fresh install of Windows should normally install the normal audio drivers automatically for you.  

No I just clicked reset computer and it reset and reinstalled windows. The guy in the shop said it’s only 10 pound for a sound card but he said an upper limit would be 70. The reason I think it’s the Realtek is because as soon as I take it off, Fs2crew voice works perfectly.