Sign in to follow this  
cecil553

Cant use reality xp gns 530 in realair duke v2 (resolving)

I bought the Reality-XP GNS 530 V2 last night, read everything, searched online and can not figure out how to make it work with my Realair duke V2.

The GPS doesn't even show up as available to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and please keep in mine. I'm not a very tech savvy person.

Thanks much,

Jon

24 minutes ago, cecil553 said:

I bought the Reality-XP GNS 530 V2 last night, read everything, searched online and can not figure out how to make it work with my Realair duke V2.

The GPS doesn't even show up as available to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and please keep in mine. I'm not a very tech savvy person.

Thanks much,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Yeah - the problem with the Real Air models - I believe their installer is looking for RXP ver1 of the RXP Gauges - it doesn't see RXP ver2 therefore the Real Air installer won't install the proper Real Air 3D model that has the GNS... If we knew what the installer was looking for - we could probably spoof the installer into thinking RXP ver1 was installed - then swap the gauge out manually for RXP ver2... Hope that makes sense...

Maybe Jean-Luc knows what the Real Air installer is looking for ?

Regards,
Scott  

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it is only looking for the gauge file. Just copying rxpGNS2.gau (or .dll depending) as rxpGNS.gau (or dll) might work.

Please note our GNS V2 gauge also includes a unique technology: gauge name aliases. With the rxpGNS2.gau copied as rxpGNS.gau, old names in the panel.cfg file like rxpGNS!GNS530 work seamlessly with GNS V2! (older ini file settings are not imported though).

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

28 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it is only looking for the gauge file. Just copying rxpGNS2.gau (or .dll depending) as rxpGNS.gau (or dll) might work.

Please note our GNS V2 gauge also includes a unique technology: gauge name aliases. With the rxpGNS2.gau copied as rxpGNS.gau, old names in the panel.cfg file like rxpGNS!GNS530 work seamlessly with GNS V2! (older ini file settings are not imported though).

This worked!!!! Thank you very much

I'm having the same problem.

Can someone explain this more in detail?

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

6 hours ago, cecil553 said:

This worked!!!! Thank you very much

Where was the said gauge copied to?

David Porrett

for me I went to this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges

Found the file called rxpGNS2.dll 

Rename that file to rxpGNS.dll

6 minutes ago, cecil553 said:

for me I went to this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges

Found the file called rxpGNS2.dll 

Rename that file to rxpGNS.dll

Better make a copy and rename the copy so you have both..

• Like 1

Bert

Sadly this doesn't work for me with P3Dv4.

The gauges are installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\64 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\32.

Renaming them there doesn't do anything and if I copy them to the gauges folder where p3dv4 is installed also didn't work (tried both 32 and 64bit dll)

P.L. Tran

Please make sure to review how FltSim references gauge files.

Our installer uses the 'addon' method via XML file to let P3D4 and P3D3 find the gauge files. They are stored in "Program Files (x86)" for this purpose.

However, any old simulator requires the gauge file to be in the Gauge folder. Therefore, go into your simulator gauge folder, locate rxpGNS2.dll (or .gau), right click drap and drop and choose copy, select the copy, right click rename (or F2), change the name to rxpGNS.dll (or .gau).

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

1 hour ago, Lusche said:

Sadly this doesn't work for me with P3Dv4.

The gauges are installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\64 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\32.

Renaming them there doesn't do anything and if I copy them to the gauges folder where p3dv4 is installed also didn't work (tried both 32 and 64bit dll)

You have to have an RXPGNS.dll file in the prepar3d\gauges folder.

Use the 64 bit version for P3DV4.

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

You have to have an RXPGNS.dll file in the prepar3d\gauges folder.

Use the 64 bit version for P3DV4.

As long as you're using P3D4 or P3D3, the only place you'd need to make the copy is in the "Program Files (x86)" aforementioned path.

Local copy in the Gauge folder is only for FltSim version prior these 2.

3 minutes ago, RXP said:

As long as you're using P3D4 or P3D3, the only place you'd need to make the copy is in the "Program Files (x86)" aforementioned path.

Local copy in the Gauge folder is only for FltSim version prior these 2.

The RealAir config app likely looks in the Gauges folder (only)..

Bert

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Please make sure to review how FltSim references gauge files.

Our installer uses the 'addon' method via XML file to let P3D4 and P3D3 find the gauge files. They are stored in "Program Files (x86)" for this purpose.

However, any old simulator requires the gauge file to be in the Gauge folder. Therefore, go into your simulator gauge folder, locate rxpGNS2.dll (or .gau), right click drap and drop and choose copy, select the copy, right click rename (or F2), change the name to rxpGNS.dll (or .gau).

There is no rxpGNS2.dll in or gau in my D:\Spiele\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\gauges folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\64 < copied and renamed the rxpGNS2.dll to rxpGNS.dll and also copied the rxpGNS.dll to D:\Spiele\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\gauges folder.

But the Duke Config Panel still can't find the gauges

P.L. Tran