Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

GA Aircraft Suggestions

Hi. Most of my flights are with the NGX and occasionally long haul with the QW787. Since I installed the FTX Global Airport Pack, I have been wanting to explore new places. In the past, I have liked flying a couple different types of flights.

I like flying in Alaska and northern Canada - particularly from larger commercial airports to smaller airports. Still, I like some of the more remote airports, and I'm particular interested in great scenery and interesting weather. In contrast, I also like flying in the Caribbean and other tropical areas, but for the same reasons - great scenery and interesting weather. With FTX Freeware, the former seems to be a new option for me, but the latter isn't quite as up to snuff as it was in FSX.

Anyway, I'm looking for a GA aircraft with a glass cockpit that is quick and is appropriate for these types of flights. A Kodiak like aircraft, but twin engine and maybe smaller would be nice. Don't punish me, but eye candy and great sounds are more important than accurate systems. I want to be able to hop in and tune out the screaming toddler for an hour or so. 

Suggestions?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Alabeo DA-42? Twin, glass 'pit. Gets good reviews. Sure looks pretty in the pictures. 

The closest plane I can think of that's a twin but Kodiak-like would be the Aerosoft Twin Otter, but that's not a glass 'pit and it's relatively complicated (not compared to PMDG, but compared to stuff like Carenado...)

26 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

Anyway, I'm looking for a GA aircraft with a glass cockpit that is quick and is appropriate for these types of flights. A Kodiak like aircraft, but twin engine and maybe smaller would be nice. Don't punish me, but eye candy and great sounds are more important than accurate systems. I want to be able to hop in and tune out the screaming toddler for an hour or so. 

In this case the Alabeo PA44 Seminole might be perfectly suited. It's small but you still have the safety of a second engine and it's one of Alabeo/Carenados best and most immersive GA planes.

You can even swap the glass cockpit for a (IMO much nicer) steam gauge version. 

I would second the Seminole if you want a twin with glass gauges.   If you would like to really spruce up the cockpit, you can add the Flight1 G600 and GTN 750... that is about "as real glass as it gets"..

https://www.simforums.com/forums/f1-g600-in-seminole_topic59493.html

Personally, I also prefer the steam gauges instead of the G600, and if you go that route, also have a look at the lovely C421. My current favorite  :smile:

https://www.simforums.com/forums/flight1-gtn-750-in-c421_topic60192.html

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

2 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Hi. Most of my flights are with the NGX and occasionally long haul with the QW787. Since I installed the FTX Global Airport Pack, I have been wanting to explore new places. In the past, I have liked flying a couple different types of flights.

I like flying in Alaska and northern Canada - particularly from larger commercial airports to smaller airports. Still, I like some of the more remote airports, and I'm particular interested in great scenery and interesting weather. In contrast, I also like flying in the Caribbean and other tropical areas, but for the same reasons - great scenery and interesting weather. With FTX Freeware, the former seems to be a new option for me, but the latter isn't quite as up to snuff as it was in FSX.

Suggestions?

Flight1 T182T.  Not a twin but well worth a look.

Matt Wilson

Hi Folks,

While I don't have the Seminole yet - to meet your requirements that would be the one I would pick adding the aftermarket Garmin G600 to the panel... In the GA flight sim world we don't do "big glass" panels well - for the most part... People I know and trust like the Seminole a great deal - I haven't heard much fanfare on the G600 but since it's based on the Garmin Trainer I would expect it to behave very realistically - might have to grab this setup over the holidays myself... I'd like to see a bit faster GA planes start incorporating this panel... C'mon  Cheyenne - how about some Carenado refits...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

9 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Suggestions?

Hold off just a bit longer. Looking at my crystal ball I see something special coming soon. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Hold off just a bit longer. Looking at my crystal ball I see something special coming soon. 😀

LOL - you're such a tease... The contentious MilViz KA ?

:tongue:

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2

Scott

An Alpha build of the Milviz King Air was just released to the pre-release purchasers. It is looking spectacular.

Greg

• Like 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

8 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Scott

An Alpha build of the Milviz King Air was just released to the pre-release purchasers. It is looking spectacular.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Yeah - figured it should be getting close - haven't really seen any recent screens of it - but - if initial reviews are positive - I'll be in on it... Hopefully they include this panel in the package - as this is the one I've been waiting for:

1.jpg

For those unfamiliar - the is the main panel advertised that created all the hoopla:

2.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

Scott

The steam gauge 350 will be a separate release.

Greg

• Like 2

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

32 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

LOL - you're such a tease... The contentious MilViz KA ?

Regards,
Scott

Good guess! But, NO.😎

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Good guess! But, NO.😎

Hi DJ,

LOL - hah - I like a good mystery - so a new GA plane with a GOOD glass panel ?

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613