Sign in to follow this  
Quackarov55

Bush Flying in P3D V4

Hello Everyone,

I have an undenyable urge to try out bush flying in the flight simulator.  My favorite real-world bush plane is the piper cub but I don't see any for P3D.  I am also unsure what region to focus on for sceneries, airports, etc.  Any suggestions on Scenery, Aircraft, or bush flying in P3D in general would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

sig_ProudSupporter.jpgCPilot.jpg

If I am not completely wrong, the Piper Cup is one of the default planes of Prepar3d, no? A2A has a lovely rendition that is still not P3Dv4-compatible, sadly. But there ARE bush flying planes for P3Dv4 available.

Regarding sceneries... well, ORBX stuff is sometimes really nice for bush flying. Take a look on their Papua Neuginea scenery, it includes some nice bush flying strips.

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The MilViz DHC-2 Beaver is real nice, and has floats option too.

Alaska has real nice flying, and if you get the Orbx Alaska, Pacific Fjords, and Pacific Northwest regions you'll have lots of good flying.  Another place makes Tongass X, which fits between Alaska and Pacific Fjords to complete the coast.

There's lots of cool info on setting things up and flying, plus a ton of free sceneries to add to the above ones at "Return to Misty Moorings" at http://return.mistymoorings.com/

Happy flying!

Edited by Buffy Foster
fixed link :\
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For bush flying there are Milviz DHC2, DHC3, DHC3T! Also a freeware Cessna T206H Soloy MkI and MKII😉

Regards

• Like 2

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

6 minutes ago, AnkH said:

If I am not completely wrong, the Piper Cup is one of the default planes of Prepar3d, no? A2A has a lovely rendition that is still not P3Dv4-compatible, sadly. But there ARE bush flying planes for P3Dv4 available.

P3D has a Maule, but its not that nice.  I'd love for A2A to update their Cub for P3Dv4, but it doesn't have floats and Lewis said it's not likely to be a priority for a long time. 😢

Edited by Buffy Foster
clarify A2A plane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buffy Foster said:

P3D has a Maule, but its not that nice.  I'd love for A2A to update their Cub for P3Dv4, but it doesn't have floats and Lewis said it's not likely to be a priority for a long time. 😢

And, as I said, a Piper Cub (although not in the bush flying variant): https://www.prepar3d.com/vehicles/

Edited by AnkH
  • Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Lionheart Quest Kodiak

Carenado C337

BN2 Islander

AS Twin Otter

AS Catalina

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Flight Replicas Super Cub although designed for FSX works fine in P3DV4.3. For the best performance look at the Ultra model. Orbx PNG scenery offer fantastic bush flying opportunities.

Greg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

A bit off topic but if you really have such an urge for bush flying you should keep an eye on the upcoming Deadstick Bush Flight Simulator. I don't expect the early access to be released before the end of this year (probably even later) but it's something to watch out to for sure!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/771800/Deadstick__Bush_Flight_Simulator/

Bush flying in P3D is also possible, of course, so please do so in the meantime, but this new sim is going to be something really different! I fly in P3D and Aerofly FS 2 and am not interested in any other sim or game of whatever, I spend all my playing and flying time in these two sims, but Deadstick will be my 3rd sim for sure!

8 hours ago, CharlieDont5urf said:

As a region i would highly recommend sceneries from http://return.mistymoorings.com/ in combi with ORBX PNW.

Thanks for that excellent link.

To OP, for bush flying, at last year's FlightSim2017 at RAF Cosford, there was a new sim or developer that brought out a lovely rugged small plane, ideal for bush flying. Unfortunately I can't quite recall the full details, but I am sure somebody who attended that Cosford gathering, will shed light

Edited by vc10man
  • Like 1

The AS Twin Otter is a good recommendation. That's got a good amount of systems modeling in it but also has a ready-to-fly start option, and it'll get in and out of just about anything. It comes with float, amphib, wheel (standard and tundra), and ski versions.

I haven't personally tried the AS Wilga X, but the reviews are good, their products tend to be good, and the Wilga is a heckuva good bush plane. It'll be on the order of the Cub's obese cousin. 😉And to add to the cool factor, it's an earlier version of the plane that Mike Patey used to build his absolutely bonkers Draco out of.

• Like 1

Misty Mooring is great so defiantly check that out as has already been suggested.

The default Mauld is a great little plane that I enjoy flying regularly but it’s not latest and greatest.  I would love to see A2A do a good Bush plane.

Is the Lionheart Kodiak P3D v 4.x compatible?

• Like 1

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

30 minutes ago, 503Kento said:

Is the Lionheart Kodiak P3D v 4.x compatible?

Yes,. 😃 it is

• Like 1