Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

For Those of You Who Like to Read Ahead

2 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Could we have PFPF print to the 748's 'server' for D-Link; so to speak?

The export from PFPX will work exactly the same.  Export rte files to PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS.  This does not change.

4 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

So I take it that GFO will roll out at a later date, and will not release at the same time as the 748? 

Any implication that GFO would roll out concurrent with QOTSII 747-8 expansion was either a misstatement or misreading.  GFO is no where near a beta stage yet, and when it goes to beta that will be announced as done for all products.

Dan Downs KCRP

7 minutes ago, downscc said:

The export from PFPX will work exactly the same.  Export rte files to PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS.  This does not change.

Any implication that GFO would roll out concurrent with QOTSII 747-8 expansion was either a misstatement or misreading.  GFO is no where near a beta stage yet, and when it goes to beta that will be announced as done for all products.

Ok, but we should still be able to get wind data as normal then, since D-Link wouldn't be the how it's imported.  I might be confused now.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Just now, Jeff Nielsen said:

Ok, but we should still be able to get wind data as normal then, since D-Link wouldn't be the how it's imported.  I might be confused now.

Ok, sorry, I think I see how it would still flow.  You can still import as CO ROUTE then sign in ACARS and SYNC?  LOL.  Just trying to get my flows down ahead of time.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

3 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Ok, sorry, I think I see how it would still flow.  You can still import as CO ROUTE then sign in ACARS and SYNC?  LOL.  Just trying to get my flows down ahead of time.

I think once it’s out and we do it a couple times it will make sense.

i think you still have to follow this and sync the acars but it’s not looking for anything per say since GFO isn’t out yet 

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

7 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

My PFPX is not the source for wind data.  Both my simulator and PFPX get wind information from ASP4. How do you generate wind data in PFPX?

7 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

You can still import as CO ROUTE then sign in ACARS and SYNC?  LOL.  Just trying to get my flows down ahead of time.

When you enter the text into the CO ROUTE field, the ORIG and DEST are automatically populated.  All you need to do is add flight number and you are ready to finish the fields on the DLINK PREFLIGHT screen. Don't over think this.  It will make sense when you get to do it.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

37 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

So I take it that GFO will roll out at a later date, and will not release at the same time as the 748?  I'm not implying it was supposed to, but I was just never quite clear on the road plan for that.

Correct - it's next in line behind the 748 (keeping in mind that we have several teams here - I heard a lot of groaning as if GFO was "in the way" of other planes when we announced it, so let it be known that the aircraft teams are already working on the other projects).

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

11 minutes ago, downscc said:

My PFPX is not the source for wind data.  Both my simulator and PFPX get wind information from ASP4. How do you generate wind data in PFPX?

When you enter the text into the CO ROUTE field, the ORIG and DEST are automatically populated.  All you need to do is add flight number and you are ready to finish the fields on the DLINK PREFLIGHT screen. Don't over think this.  It will make sense when you get to do it.

Yes, correct, PFPX is NOT the source for data, just for the OFP.  I was worried that if I originated the plan from PFPX and brought it in as a CO ROUTE, it would make the D-Link option invalid (which didn't make sense).  AS4 is still the source as far as I'm aware.

Bottom line, I think the flow is (PFPX or Simbrief > CO ROUTE > ACARS sign in / D-Link SYNC), and that should work.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

15 minutes ago, downscc said:

Just go into settings of PFPX and when you go to the weather tab, select the default PFPX one. 

Eric 

2 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Bottom line, I think the flow is (PFPX or Simbrief > CO ROUTE > ACARS sign in / D-Link SYNC), and that should work.

I think the D-Link Sync only needs to be done prior to getting the wind data for the CO ROUTE legs. 

Eric 

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Just go into settings of PFPX and when you go to the weather tab, select the default PFPX one. 

He's talking about the wind data in to the aircraft which does come from AS not PFPX.  The wind data in PFPX is for planning purposes.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

Added videos in the initial post that also shows how the procedure works with and without ACARS login.

• Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

On 9/19/2018 at 9:12 PM, scandinavian13 said:
essary in the entire PMDG 747 product line to take the steps to activate the ACARS data link in order to receive these services.
Activating the data-link is simple and can be accomplished in two easy steps:

• Complete the ORIGIN, DEST and flight number fields on the RTE page of the FMS as you normally would during the course of preflight. It isn’t necessary to use an actual airline carrier code or flight number if you are operating outside of PMDG Global Flight Operations, so feel free to make one up as you like.

Nice functions! But what happens when i´m entering the "wrong" ETD UTC for my ACARS login etc.? It doesn´t matter, right? 

Edited by maukro_1990

4 minutes ago, maukro_1990 said:

Nice functions! But what happens when i´m entering the "wrong" ETD UTC for my ACARS login etc.? It doesn´t matter, right? 

ETD is the estimated time of departure which is the time when you expect to depart.

2 hours ago, maukro_1990 said:

You can update it, if you’d like, up until you begin the actual flight. In the real world, the first OOOI time updates that information, and isn’t driven by the pilot. The computer handles it, because people are...well...prone to messing things up.

Kyle Rodgers