Sign in to follow this  
psolk

A warning about Micro$oft.

>>PS Check local and state statutes. There are many states (usa,>aus and can) which have consumer laws that will force MS to>provide a replacment for only the cost of shipping and the>media.>Can you quote the relevant sections that will force MS to provide a replacements 14 months after purchase and use?

Folks, I have never heard of any company in the world providing "FREE" replacement software, especially not physical, let alone downloadable software. Furthermore in any industry if your warranty expires on day 90 you are hosed on day 91. Ever had a transmission go on a car with 51000 miles on a 50000 mile warranty? Good luck!!!Man, everyone is so complacent attacking MS but again, had YOU protected your own Disc 4 you would not be in this situation. Had YOU backed up your data you would not be in this situation. It is so easy to just come in here when you are frustrated and blast others but when most people seriously look at the situation they are in and honestly analyze the situation you will find there is no one to blame but yourself. It seems to me everything that happened could have been prevented with pro-active measures by you yet you blame someone else for the backup and MS for charging you for a replacement...I am not trying to be an arse or attack you in any way but I do not think MS did anything wrong in this situation and I think your expectations were unreasonable.I am truly sorry about your predicament but the only person that could have prevented this would have been you. To be honest, if it was me and my Disc was hosed, I would go out and buy the game all over without ever getting MS involved anyway... That is not their problem IMHO.Again, not trying to be an arse or attack anyone but I work in I.T. and I am so sick of people blasting MS. Where the #### would we be without them??? They are a business and why should anyone expect more from them than any other business?Cheers all, just my opinion, again no trying to be an arse or attakc anyone, just my general sentiments...-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledAMD FX-57 @ 3 gigsAsus A8NSLI-Premium2 gigs Corsair XMS PC3500LL 2 3 2 6 1TXFX 7900 GTX 690/1750XFX 7800 GTX 515/135024 inch Widescreen LCDDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1khttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7800 GTX 515/1350 Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg