Sign in to follow this  
FlyingMasterChef

FS Global Ultimate NG FTX - How to remove???

So I am that guy that people come to with any computer problems.  Hardware or software.  So I feel a bit stupid here..   I installed FS Global Ultimate NG FTX last night after a couple weeks of reading all I could about the best mesh for FSX/Prepar3D.  

Years ago when I only flew FSX I had amazing mesh from FS Genesis.  Even had a lifetime subscription....yeah, well that's no good anymore so they are dead to me!!!!    I had designed some scenery using the mesh from them...  Without it, the scenery is pretty much garbage.  Anyway, after installing FSGU I was so excited to jump in a plane and check it out.  Well, that excitement was very quickly ruined!!! 

In MY opinion, this is absolute word not allowed!!!!  I went to the 6 airports that I fly around most...and every one of them is word not allowed with the mesh turned on.  Without it, the areas are not even close to real life...but at least I could tolerate it.  Thus, I am going to just eat my loss and delete it.  However, I can't find any uninstaller.  Am I missing something?  Does anyone know the best way to get rid of it where it will also remove it's data from prepars files???

Thanks for any help.

Greg

Sim: Prepar3D v4.3  | System: Windows 10 64bit | i7-2600K Quad Core (8 lcpu) OC-3800MHz | 16GB DC 666.7MHz | Gigabyte H67MA-D2H-B3 (F6) | 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB | 2 AOC 24" HD Monitors | 1 Dell 22" HD Monitor | 1 47" Vizio 3D HD TV/Monitor | 1 Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe Audio | 1 Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB | 1 Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | 1 Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | 1 Seagate 2TB | 1 STECH 8TB | 1 Seagate 10TB | 1 Toshiba 3TB | HP BD-RE Blu-ray DL RW

full_sig_banner500x80.jpg

What sort of error is the mesh causing?  If it is airports in depressions or on plateaus, I've heard FS Global Ult has a flattening tool to help with that.   If it doesn't, let me know -- because I'm interested in a mesh product too.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I'll post a few pics just a bit. 

Sim: Prepar3D v4.3  | System: Windows 10 64bit | i7-2600K Quad Core (8 lcpu) OC-3800MHz | 16GB DC 666.7MHz | Gigabyte H67MA-D2H-B3 (F6) | 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB | 2 AOC 24" HD Monitors | 1 Dell 22" HD Monitor | 1 47" Vizio 3D HD TV/Monitor | 1 Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe Audio | 1 Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB | 1 Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | 1 Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | 1 Seagate 2TB | 1 STECH 8TB | 1 Seagate 10TB | 1 Toshiba 3TB | HP BD-RE Blu-ray DL RW

Some more information is needed. Which airports (payware?) are concerned. What other global scenery do you have installed. If ORBX FTX Vector is installed some airports need to be adjusted by the Vector CP. What mesh resolution is set in P3D?

Uninstall is easy: In P3D, open scenery then deactivate (untick) the FSGU entries. There is no need to remove the FSGU files physically. This way it is very easy to activate FSGU again. For sure you can also remove FSGU completely by removing the scenery titles within P3D and then deleting the FSGU folders in windows explorer.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

9 hours ago, SpectroPro said:

So I am that guy that people come to with any computer problems.  Hardware or software.  So I feel a bit stupid here..   I installed FS Global Ultimate NG FTX last night after a couple weeks of reading all I could about the best mesh for FSX/Prepar3D.  

Years ago when I only flew FSX I had amazing mesh from FS Genesis.  Even had a lifetime subscription....yeah, well that's no good anymore so they are dead to me!!!!    I had designed some scenery using the mesh from them...  Without it, the scenery is pretty much garbage.  Anyway, after installing FSGU I was so excited to jump in a plane and check it out.  Well, that excitement was very quickly ruined!!! 

In MY opinion, this is absolute word not allowed!!!!  I went to the 6 airports that I fly around most...and every one of them is word not allowed with the mesh turned on.  Without it, the areas are not even close to real life...but at least I could tolerate it.  Thus, I am going to just eat my loss and delete it.  However, I can't find any uninstaller.  Am I missing something?  Does anyone know the best way to get rid of it where it will also remove it's data from prepars files???

Thanks for any help.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Have you tried using Aerodrome Flattening Meshes v2 (AFM2) with FS Global Ultimate NG, I recommend you use it for the 6 airports you mention. AFM2 will not change any APT files, it will simply adapt the mesh around a specific airport to avoid having a plateau airport.

I'm not sure I understand why you would think that the mesh issues are due to FS Global Ultimate NG. Almost all airports in P3Dv4 are flattened artificially, and they very seldom have any realistic mesh. In a nutshell this means that realistic world mesh will clash with unrealistic airport mesh, which is why AFM2 exists.

Cheers,

Jerome

Edited by jzimmermann

Ditto what Jerome said, I'm very happy with the FSGU product.  I've only used AFM2 a few times, it's rarely required but when it is it is very easy to use.  One of the user's responsibilities in getting the most out of any product is to understand how to use that product.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well, I actually just wanted to know how to uninstall...since it has an installer, but no uninstaller..  I know it modifies files in the sim...and just deleting the folders won't fix them.

However:

0)  I did notice that the 3rd time I ran Prepar3D that the mesh actually was NOT as horrific as the first 2 times I ran it.  Not sure why...but I am thinking I may keep it as, especially in New Hampshire, it REALLY changed the entire state to be much much much more realistic.  I flew there 3-4 times a week for almost 2 years...The STOCK area is quite flat!!!  NH is NOT FLAT!

1)  I will give that program a try with flattening if it's free. 

2)  I never had this issue back when using the mesh (was using 19m mesh mostly and some areas 9m) from FS Genesis.  I thought Justin really did a great job fixing any issues anyone reported very quickly.

3)  Here are some photo's I shot at a couple of the airports I frequent.  Actually, the one in Colorado was just a test as I was curious about it.... 

Some context of the photos: 

8b1 (Hawthorne Feather Airpark in NH is the airport I flew out of when in Flight School there. Thus, I know it very very well)  These are taken the 3rd time I ran the sim...so I can't really complain much..  just the one noticeable area to the far end and right side of the airport and one end is above the ground about 10'. Other than that, it now seems VERY real looking. The airport has mountain on 3 sides...making it a blast to get into and out of....and depending on the wind, you fly either a left or right pattern.  

8B1%20-%204.jpg

8b1_1.jpg

8b1_2.jpg

KCON (Concord, NH ....again, an airport I flew into and out of several times a week.)

kcon.jpg

ap_co (airport in colorado I loaded just to see a random airport to see if it had issues.  It does.)

ap_co.jpg

KCVG (Cincinnati Airport located in Northern Kentucky)  This is my home major airport. I fly in and out of here quite often in real life as well as in the sim.) Notice some extreme cliffing <--cool word I think.   However, again, this is the 3rd time I ran the sim with the mesh and this time the local area around the airport as well as Cincinnati looked much much more realistic than the stock.

kcvg_1.jpg

kcvg_2.jpg

KHAO (Hamilton, OHIO (Butler County Regional) is my home airport.  I live just a few miles from here.  I grew up at this airport literally as my dad always had planes and he would take me flying several times a week locally and cross country trips.)  While the mesh really did fix some serious issues that are in the stock sim, it added a few major issues as well.  In file 1 you see houses down a hill.  The land on that side of the airport actually goes UP quite a large hill.  In pic 2 you can see where the hell is starting.  By this point of the rwy that hill should be about 4 times that big and it goes up the entire rest of the length of the airport I think 100-150 feet to the top.. The 3rd pic is the other side of the airport and this area should be even...it's pretty flat except a small 20 foot hill that runs on the other side of the road that SHOULD be there...  Last, pic 4 is coming off the runway heading westerly towards the river. In the stock mesh this is totally flat. This mesh shows way more realistic as there is a hill there going up from left to right but again, should go up quite a bit more as it ends about 100-150 feet above the runway not super far from the right end...

khao_1.jpg

khao_%202.jpg

khao_3.jpg

khao_%202.jpg

KMHT (Manchester, NH again, an airport I flew into and out of several times a week.  However, back when I was in school, this was a 1 runway airport with a very small terminal building. We used to fly in just to eat lunch there. Now, IRL, the old runway is completely gone, it's a 2 runway airport now with a large terminal and about 1000 more parking spaces than it used to have. However, none of this is in the sim but has nothing to do with mesh...) As you see in the pic the entire thing is on a plateau.  

kmht.jpg

And lastly:  NKL (Holley Navy Field  ... This is a real airport but we confiscated it (it's not used now) and I redesigned it for my old VA.  I have not fixed it completely for Prepar so there are no buildings there yet...just the ground stuff...and way messed up landclass...ugh)  Notice in 2 of the shots I am sitting under the ends of my runways.  I can actually do that on both ends of all 3 runways.  There are also some big valleys that run under taxiways.  This struck me odd as I do have FLATTENS in the scenery files.  But maybe I simply need to modify that for Prepar3D since I created this in FSX.  

nkl_1.jpg

nkl_2.jpg

**** Sorry for such a lengthy post...but I wanted to give a bit of background to the places I fly around...Which is why I really do want them to be MORE REAL.  The areas around the airports are soooooooooooo much better....but then I get to the airports and it's like all the wind leaves my sails...  As for addons, I am currently only running this mesh and Orbx Libraries and REX weather.  I bought quite a few ORBX titles I just have not installed them yet til I get other stuff installed and working right.  I am also got the REX world airports and REX textures, but have not installed those yet either.  NOT a fan of what the ORBX libraries has done with my textures so I may remove those.

Hi, I'm not sure about running Orbx libraries, with no other Orbx installed! I would only install the libraries after I installed Orbx. I don't know what that might do, good or bad? 

The shots you are showing, will look much better if you run the AFM2 tool from pilots. It will flatten the surrounding area of the airport, so there are no plateau's or valleys!

Just google for Pilots AFM2 and you should find it.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

4 hours ago, djbully said:

Hi, I'm not sure about running Orbx libraries, with no other Orbx installed! I would only install the libraries after I installed Orbx. I don't know what that might do, good or bad? 

The shots you are showing, will look much better if you run the AFM2 tool from pilots. It will flatten the surrounding area of the airport, so there are no plateau's or valleys!

Just google for Pilots AFM2 and you should find it.

Ahh, I guess that makes sense with the libraries...I had planned on starting to install the other products but then got sidetracked.  LOL  

FS Global Ultimate NG does have an installer for P3Dv4... you may have missed this if you didn't check their web site for information.  Run the DVD and when it asks to check for updates say yes.... it downloads the latest installer.

You download the AFM2 product separately, log into your PIlot's account first then you'll get a link to your downloads

Edited by downscc
  • Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

On 9/19/2018 at 5:02 PM, SpectroPro said:

Years ago when I only flew FSX I had amazing mesh from FS Genesis.  Even had a lifetime subscription....yeah, well that's no good anymore so they are dead to me!!!! 

Justin is still active and he honors the FSG lifetime. I still use his stuff - find it the best overall.

http://www.toposim.net/who-we-are/

Company is called Toposim - contact him and he'll get you squared away fairly quickly.

Vic

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

So you have to run this for every airport you run across? seriously? How was it released in this condition?

Chris Chiozza

The guy above says RARELY have to use it???I have had to run it on avl,sun,atl,pub,mem......???

Chris Chiozza

23 hours ago, cchiozza said:

So you have to run this for every airport you run across? seriously? How was it released in this condition?

23 hours ago, cchiozza said:

The guy above says RARELY have to use it???I have had to run it on avl,sun,atl,pub,mem......???

No, I only use it for just 3 airports.

4 hours ago, cchiozza said:

Almost every airport is screwed up. Whats the deal????

You haven't given us any details or screenshots to work with.

Did P3D have any airport elevation issues before you installed FSGUNG?

Have you installed any other terrain products which might be in conflict?

Do the FSGUNG entries in your scenery.cfg file have a higher priority than all the default entries, but a lower priority than all of your 3rd party scenery?

Does the 'Default Terrain' entry appear as the lowest priority in your scenery.cfg file *and* is it active?

Do you have Orbx Vector installed? If so, have you disabled all of the entries of airports you own using the Vector AEC (Airport Elevation Correction) tool?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter