Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20SEP18] Where in the world is RSR & the PMDG 747-8?

We're not playing the "Where's Waldo....I mean Rob-o?" game are we?  😉

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

Oh the wonderful apple-like pre-release hype from PMDG is like none other in the world of simming!  Nothing better than free marketing lol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

Is there any real news?  A couple of screenies and lots of word not allowed stuff. 

Not as of right now. Maybe we will get some more pictures and something by Robert today or tomorrow. He said hes been lacking in communication and not keeping up with us.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

I have some salmon that need to be flown out of Anchorage on Saturday and the salmon have paid extra for a flight on the 748. So I kind of feel obligated.

🐟

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, akabam said:

It looks funny to me. A friend of mine said maybe its painted over an antenna or something but it looks the N and the D are messed up. Not sure if a painting error or on purpose.

Outflow valves:

C39PCiR.jpg

• Like 4

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Outflow valves:

C39PCiR.jpg

Is it just the angle Robert took the photo at? Cause if you zoom in the M and the D overlap each other a little bit and the G looks kinda funky. Like I said it may just be me but the angle you give doesn't let us see if its different or not.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

1 minute ago, akabam said:

Is it just the angle Robert took the photo at? Cause if you zoom in the M and the D overlap each other a little bit and the G looks kinda funky. Like I said it may just be me but the angle you give doesn't let us see if its different or not.

The outflow valves are open in the screenshot, as they are in mine. The angle of the outflow being open, and the "photographer" is giving that illusion.

• Like 4

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

The outflow valves are open in the screenshot, as they are in mine. The angle of the outflow being open, and the "photographer" is giving that illusion.

Thanks, Kyle. I figured that might be the case with angles etc.

Mark Roberts 

3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Sorry man but those are the Pack exhaust valves.  The outflows are the same location as the 400. Towards the tail.

Point of interest.  In Bahrain offer the summer I had the unlucky displeasure of doing the walk around with all three packs going.  When I checked the gear out I swear the heat index must have hit 150-160.  Almost instantly couldn't breath and was soaked after just a few seconds.

• Upvote 2

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Just now, thibodba57 said:

Sorry man but those are the Pack exhaust valves.  The outflows are the same location as the 400. Towards the tail.

Point of interest.  In Bahrain offer the summer I had the unlucky displeasure of doing the walk around with all three packs going.  When I checked the gear out I swear the heat index must have hit 150-160.  Almost instantly couldn't breath and was soaked after just a few seconds.

Would those be open due to the fact the aircraft is coming into land?

To regulate cabin pressure etc in case of emergency?

Mark Roberts 

Just now, akabam said:

Would those be open due to the fact the aircraft is coming into land?

To regulate cabin pressure etc in case of emergency?

They have nothing todo with pressurization except to provide conditioned air.  Those valves modulate to a more closed setting in cruise probably due to slip stream pressure.  On the ground they are fully open however to allow for the lack there of.  It's somewhere in the documentation I have, I know it modulates between the two.  It's not to specific as to why.  But this is my presumption.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

11 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

They have nothing todo with pressurization except to provide conditioned air.  Those valves modulate to a more closed setting in cruise probably due to slip stream pressure.  On the ground they are fully open however to allow for the lack there of.  It's somewhere in the documentation I have, I know it modulates between the two.  It's not to specific as to why.  But this is my presumption.

They have everything to do with regulating pressurization actually. Open valve > cabin wont pressurize > pressure will be the same as outside the  aircaft. Reason they are closed during climb/cruise is because the cabin wont pressurize if they are opened, has absolutely nothing to do with “slip stream pressure”. 

sig1.png
sig2.png

2 minutes ago, Kenzo said:

They have everything to do with regulating pressurization actually. Open valve > cabin wont pressurize > pressure will be the same as outside the  aircaft. Reason they are closed during climb/cruise is because the cabin wont pressurize if they are opened, has absolutely nothing to do with “slip stream pressure”. 

If we were talking about the outflow valves I'd agree with you.  But those valves in the picture are for the Packs not the pressure vessel's outflow valves.  Those are located just forward of the L5 and R5 doors.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

32 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Sorry man but those are the Pack exhaust valves.

Exhaust...outflow...stuff going out and not coming in. Same concept.

I never really specified which one, so there's no real need to nitpick, honestly.

• Like 2

Kyle Rodgers

7 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

If we were talking about the outflow valves I'd agree with you.  But those valves in the picture are for the Packs not the pressure vessel's outflow valves.  Those are located just forward of the L5 and R5 doors.

My bad, I dont know why but I assumed you where talking about the outflow valves indeed.

sig1.png
sig2.png