Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20SEP18] Where in the world is RSR & the PMDG 747-8?

4 minutes ago, xTiMm_ said:

He is checking the status of the upload! 😛

Just checking to make sure this weekend launch goes smooth lol. We shall see him again in 12-15 hours.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

2 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

Sorry man but those are the Pack exhaust valves.  The outflows are the same location as the 400. Towards the tail.

Point of interest.  In Bahrain offer the summer I had the unlucky displeasure of doing the walk around with all three packs going.  When I checked the gear out I swear the heat index must have hit 150-160.  Almost instantly couldn't breath and was soaked after just a few seconds.

Thanks for the education. Learned something new today. Always good to here from an actual 747 operator. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

All - as much fun as it is watching this post grow but if I remember correctly - do we not usually see and update to the PMDG Operations Center with the new DLL's for the airplane?  I seem to remember something similar happening for the Trip-7, Seven-3, Seven-4-4 and the DC6?

Just saying...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AirCanada235 said:

All - as much fun as it is watching this post grow but if I remember correctly - do we not usually see and update to the PMDG Operations Center with the new DLL's for the airplane?  I seem to remember something similar happening for the Trip-7, Seven-3, Seven-4-4 and the DC6?

Just saying...

As much as I want to hope it’s this weekend I don’t think it is.

i know we are supposed to get a 747 update beforehand and the op center has shown nothing.

but who knows, maybe they will push it all at once.

we have to wait and see

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Exhaust...outflow...stuff going out and not coming in. Same concept.

I never really specified which one, so there's no real need to nitpick, honestly.

Gents,

Okay- well i **am** going to be nit-picky because systems knowledge is my "thing" and when it comes to systems knowledge, definitions are important.

These are not valves.  These are vents.  Specifically, they are Ram Air Exit Doors or Ram Air Exit Vents that dump cooling air overboard after it has been collected via the ram air ducts (near the leading edge root) then routed through ducting and across the air conditioning pack heat exchangers in order reduce the amount of heat created when the packs compress bleed air from the engines as a normal part of the air-cycle process.  (This process creates a massive amount of excess heat due to the law of gasses, so the "Free" cold air from outside the airplane is used to rid the system of this heat.)  There is no use for the ram air once it has gone through the heat exchanger, so it is dumped overboard.

In the early 747-400 these vents were louvered.  They are now chute-type vents as shown.

Pedantic, yes.  Picky, yes. 

Let me be pickier:  Outflow valves are located after of this on the hips of the fuselage and are used to regulate cabin pressurization.  These ARE valves because they regulate flow...  Definitions matter. 

And yes- all of this stuff is accurately modeled with physics equations in all of your PMDG products.  We have been doing this stuff for 20+ years which is why our products tend to "Feel Right" when you use them.  We could probably give all of it a fancy brand-name but we don't...  we just consider it part of the simulation of the airplane.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

13 minutes ago, akabam said:

As much as I want to hope it’s this weekend I don’t think it is.

i know we are supposed to get a 747 update beforehand and the op center has shown nothing.

but who knows, maybe they will push it all at once.

we have to wait and see

All the theories are interesting on possible release but after the buildup from the last announcement I've come to the wait-and-see mind set. No since of getting worked up until it actually happens.  

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just now, Wise87 said:

All the theories are interesting on possible release but after the buildup from the last announcement I've come to the wait-and-see mind set. No since of getting worked up until it actually happens.  

Same here. Luckily Im busy a lot this weekend and the next few weeks. Going to Cancun in a few weeks and trying to get ahead at work etc.

She will be out when shes out. I feel bad for all those who get worked up then mad at PMDG when nothing happens even without a release date.

Mark Roberts 

Today my UPS N605UP is continuing from PHNL to VHHH as 5X58, shown here climbing through FL300 towards FL340 over Kalui, settling in for a 10.5 hr flight.

qxB5HZiq6yJefhn4_VdlM1yI-LtCV3w7f90e-G7w

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Just now, downscc said:

Today my UPS N605UP is continuing from PHNL to VHHH as 5X58, shown here climbing through FL300 towards FL340 over Kalui, settling in for a 10.5 hr flight.

qxB5HZiq6yJefhn4_VdlM1yI-LtCV3w7f90e-G7w

Looks awesome but not even fair lol

Mark Roberts 

Robert, I know you simulate failures in your aircraft. I was just wondering if you're simulating the effects of those failures visually in terms of smoke or fire coming from an engine or engines, for example? Or is that going to eat up too many animations or FPS to do so?

Edited by mcbellette

By the way, I think RSR is having some fun with all of you. There is no way you can tell where - geographically - the aircraft is by looking at the fuselage, and there are no other visual clues other than to say the aircraft looks like it is set for takeoff or landing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mcbellette said:

By the way, I think RSR is having some fun with all of you. There is no way you can tell where - geographically - the aircraft is by looking at the fuselage, and there are no other visual clues other than to say the aircraft looks like it is set for takeoff or landing.

The first picture the url link contains landing.jpg lol

I think it gives that one away.

Mark Roberts