Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20SEP18] Where in the world is RSR & the PMDG 747-8?

25 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Is this a free add-on to the 747 models, or a separate purchase?

It will be a separate purchase requiring the 747-400.

• Like 1

David Porrett

T45,

It´s an expansion product which can be bought to a currently unknown price.

But it requires the 747-400 (base pack)

Edited by PLund

Best regards

Peter Lund

4 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Alex- now THAT right there is an easter-egg I wish we had thought of.

Well done.  😎

Uh-oh, you just had to put that idea in his head, Alex, didn't you?   Now RSR is going to hold back the 748 for another six months so he can implement and beta test it 😉

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

2 minutes ago, harvester21 said:

LOL, 3 people answering the exact same question... I think he gets it now...

I know. Only saw his question on the last page and not the two answers on the new.

Unfortunately I can´t find the delete button.

Edited by PLund

Best regards

Peter Lund

1 minute ago, Avwriter said:

Uh-oh, you just had to put that idea in his head, Alex, didn't you?   Now RSR is going to hold back the 748 for another six months so he can implement and beta test it 😉

Andrew Jones

You think it only takes 6 months for that?

we are talking about a whole rework,

flight dyanmic changes etc. we will be lucky to see her by 2020 😉

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Flight progress report, 5X58 shown here enroute at FL380 to VHHH from PHNL and if you look closely off the port wing that is Iwo Jima and the little rock almost directly below and aft is North Iwo Jima.  This bird rarely gets up to FL380, in this case I'm light at 670,000 lbs GW.

2nT6fQ04H0dLYFMo12S-_kDBsbN7l9Rc9gmjyHG8

• Like 2

Dan Downs KCRP

5X58 is now 40nm before TOD and I have finished my predescent flow.  Note EFB is used to calculate landing performance.  Shown here landing VHHH 25L dry conditions wind 250/9 31C 1010 hPa baro Vref25+5 153 kts and distance required (including flare and allowance) is 8546 ft.

tR-gdCd5pPQQ-FQGFBqDDoJ8Ecc2qqXhZ1yS-PHW

Note also the ECL for Descent is completed.

Edited by downscc
  • Like 2

Dan Downs KCRP

11 minutes ago, downscc said:

5X58 is now 40nm before TOD and I have finished my predescent flow.  Note EFB is used to calculate landing performance.  Shown here landing VHHH 25L dry conditions wind 250/9 31C 1010 hPa baro Vref25+5 153 kts and distance required (including flare and allowance) is 8546 ft.

tR-gdCd5pPQQ-FQGFBqDDoJ8Ecc2qqXhZ1yS-PHW

Note also the ECL for Descent is completed.

Did they end up finishing the takeoff calc. In the beta video a while back it wasn’t complete but I would hope for release we can get derates etc

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

20 minutes ago, akabam said:

Did they end up finishing the takeoff calc. In the beta video a while back it wasn’t complete but I would hope for release we can get derates etc

Takeoff calcs only for TO thrust, no ATM or derate yet.

Here she is on 6 nm final ILS25L VHHH holding 160 KIAS until 4 nm final then we'll dump the flaps to 25 and setup the landing:

De8d4JHd3aL6l9zqVvUe33vPneIlrnEa8hE9WrtH

Dan Downs KCRP

2 minutes ago, downscc said:

Here she is on 6 nm final ILS25L VHHH holding 160 KIAS until 4 nm final then we'll dump the flaps to 25 and setup the landing:

Thanks, hopefully we will get that since I’m sure there’s not a 747-8 takeoff calculator in existence yet

Mark Roberts 

9 minutes ago, akabam said:

Thanks, hopefully we will get that since I’m sure there’s not a 747-8 takeoff calculator in existence yet

Doesn’t sound like there’s much point in bothering with the EFB for take off if it’s so incomplete. Kind of disappointing.

Alex Pugh

You're flying over Whidbey Island, Washington State.

Mark Trainer

24 minutes ago, downscc said:

9 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Doesn’t sound like there’s much point in bothering with the EFB for take off if it’s so incomplete. Kind of disappointing.

Alex Pugh

Dan, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t your beta version based on a release from 2 weeks back? Chewwy said in his stream last night, that his beta was from 2 weeks back or so. 

Or are you flying a newly released beta? 

Beginning with the B787 all FPPM data is digital (including the B748). Licensing the takeoff performance data, and obstacle database is very very expensive. Hence QW’s 787-8/9 gimmick of a takeoff OPT. 

Edited by calzonister

9 minutes ago, calzonister said:

Dan, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t your beta version based on a release from 2 weeks back? Chewwy said in his stream last night, that his beta was from 2 weeks back or so. 

Or are you flying a newly released beta? 

Beginning with the B787 all FPPM data is digital (including the B748). Licensing the takeoff performance data, and obstacle database is very very expensive. Hence QW’s 787-8/9 gimmick of a takeoff OPT. 

Maybe we won’t get a takeoff calc and it will be like the QW with no assumed temps etc.

would be a real letdown to be honest 

Mark Roberts