Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20SEP18] Where in the world is RSR & the PMDG 747-8?

3 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Luc,

Fix that signature or we'll have to ban you.  Banned customers get to spend the weekend at Kyle's cleaning floors- so we wouldn't want that to happen to you by accident.  :cool:

Will do tomorrow. Had it for years and was so used to it, and now I litterally have to edit every post after placing to include my name. Except for this one, hooray for progression!🎉

How about I start cleaning the PMDG -8? On my pc tonight? Wouldn’t bother at all tbh..😁

Luc de Wit

sig1.png
sig2.png

I think I know where RSR is now...He's in the electronics compartment. In a dark corner...curled up into a ball...with his thumb in his mouth...

18 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Zsolt,

You appear to be blaming us for a rendering problem within Lockheed Martin's product.  They introduced this issue in P3D v4 due to a problem in their code, so it isn't something we can just "fix."

Perhaps you hadn't read any of the previous discussion on this topic in the forum and were unaware of the herculean effort we made to find and solve this issue previously?  I can see how you would miss that given the traffic in this forum- but generally speaking you can assume that if **we** are creating a problem we solve it.

Robert - "blaming you" is exaggerated. Haven't touched P3D since April and especially, haven't touched any of my PMDG aircraft for almost a year. I remembered there was an issue with this, preventing users from calling for the pop-up PFD otherwise a CTD might follow. I thought it's worth asking if the issue is fixed. Never said you should fix it. 

On the other hand, preparing for the 748, I re-installed the 744 and the taxi behaviour feels different. Did you guys change anything in the (already enhanced) ground physics? The 744 (and later the 777) was given the updated ground friction model or whatever we call it, but now that I tested it kind of felt weird. Accelerated to 10-12 Knots of taxi speed but as soon as I cut the throttle the aircraft has quickly come to a full stop, with only 30% payload and whatever the default fuel load is. But maybe it's just my absence from the sim, and nothing was changed.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

10 minutes ago, kityatyi said:

Robert - "blaming you" is exaggerated. Haven't touched P3D since April and especially, haven't touched any of my PMDG aircraft for almost a year. I remembered there was an issue with this, preventing users from calling for the pop-up PFD otherwise a CTD might follow. I thought it's worth asking if the issue is fixed. Never said you should fix it. 

On the other hand, preparing for the 748, I re-installed the 744 and the taxi behaviour feels different. Did you guys change anything in the (already enhanced) ground physics? The 744 (and later the 777) was given the updated ground friction model or whatever we call it, but now that I tested it kind of felt weird. Accelerated to 10-12 Knots of taxi speed but as soon as I cut the throttle the aircraft has quickly come to a full stop, with only 30% payload and whatever the default fuel load is. But maybe it's just my absence from the sim, and nothing was changed.

why did you reinstall the 747? they're releasing a brand new installer today. None of what you did with the 747 is going to matter now.

• Like 1

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

On 9/20/2018 at 10:59 PM, rsrandazzo said:

David,

A 1985 Cessna Citation S/II.  Absolutely marvelous little airplane.  Was the beginning of Cessna really trying to figure out how to increase speed and range from the original 500 series, which they did through changes in the wing, tail and a slight uptick in engine power.  Carries more fuel, has greater MGTW.  The down side is that it does require special certification to fly single-pilot, or you can operate with two pilots, and while some pilots shy away from the S/II because it uses TKS fluid for ice protection, they miss out.  I have a friend who operates a regular Citation II and the S/II outclimbs, out cruises, out ranges and out carries his airplane in all categories.

The other nice thing about the airplane is that the straight wing gives it great climb performance and forgiving handling.  The down side is that the drag curve becomes basically vertical at around M0.65, so at FL410 you have to turn the TCAS from "ABV/BLW" to "BEHIND"  😎

I could not help but chuckle and reminis about the last sentence regarding the drag curve and the TCAS as I have buckets of hours in Citation II’s, 5’s and the Ultra!  Amazing little machines and they were amazing for some of the remote strips we were flying to around Northern Alberta.  Great for medivac machines too.  I always found that in the higher FL’s we would just get in the way - hence the nickname - slowtation!  Great little airplane though.  I loved the Citation II - we had TKS and it worked great.  I was flying that bird on the West Coast where the Rime ice is plentiful for about 5 months of the year!  I have TKS on my SR22 now and it works great!!!   Remember the barber pole is a goal - not a limitation - LOL

• Like 1