Sign in to follow this  
surfcandy

"Study Level Aircraft"

That's nonsense. Following this logic even multi-million dollar Level-D simulators would be gaming machines.

Furthermore, if it's about spark plugs, oil changes, engine wear etc. your are talking about maintenance simulation and not flight simulation. 

Edited by J35OE

5 hours ago, J35OE said:

See my above answer about their turboprops. Concerning their piston engines; Why should they fail if the RPM is 'touching' the red range?

That's what a red line is usually for. If you are staying within the limits, an engine shouldn't fail.

Hi J25OE,

I guess my description was not precise: at least on my system, it is impossible to get into the red range for some Carenado airplanes, even with all levers at max. I have observed that with the B350, B1900D, and S340. 

Peter

5 hours ago, J35OE said:

Edited by qqwertzde
Duplicate post deleted

36 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

at least on my system, it is impossible to get into the red range for some Carenado airplanes, even with all levers at max. I have observed that with the B350, B1900D, and S340. 

Sure you can. Just keep the power levers at max after takeoff, reduce the prop RPM to a cruise setting and watch what the torque does 😉 

On take off with a PT6, you can easily over torque it. 

On the B200, 2230 ft/lbs maybe be the ‘red line’, but it will go well over that .

2750 is max for 5 seconds. I’m guessing it maybe not necessarily go kaboom if longer then that, but it may result in some expensive maintenance. 

I´ll hijack this thread and ask: which one of the King Airs might have the best:

• visuals
  • systems
  • flight dynamics
  • performance (fps)
  • availability of the liveries

Thanks in advance.

14 hours ago, kiki said:

I´ll hijack this thread and ask: which one of the King Airs might have the best:

• visuals
  • systems
  • flight dynamics
  • performance (fps)
  • availability of the liveries

Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for one aircraft, or a handful?  :unsure:

Bert

I will also add:  the S550 (with the GTN750) works straight out of the box.  (A rarity for Carenado.)

It's a great little jet, albeit a bit slow compared to their other business aircraft offerings.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:04 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Are you looking for one aircraft, or a handful?  :unsure:

Well, I will try to ask again. Hope someone would be able to give me some light and help me a little more.

IF I would like to have one KingAir, which one should I consider? Which are the pros and CONS of these three models by Carenado. And, yes, I know which way 90, 200 and 350 are different in real life. Because the products of Carenado could be good or pretty useless, how are these three? 

AFAIR the C90GTx is the best of the whole bunch. What's especially nice is the perfect location of the autopilot controls.

Suggest to read the corresponding forums for more detailed Infos. 

Edited by J35OE

On 9/28/2018 at 3:15 PM, Greggy_D said:

I will also add:  the S550 (with the GTN750) works straight out of the box.  (A rarity for Carenado.)

It's a great little jet, albeit a bit slow compared to their other business aircraft offerings.

I concur. This one works really well since V and its numbers are pretty accurate.

As for King Airs, the Carenado is so so, the ultimate King air experience is the F1 IMHO, though it has its flaws too. But the engines performance are accurately modelled, and it's about one of the only ones out there.

• Upvote 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 32 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 2080 TI OS : Win 10 PRO Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, 2x Saitek Radios, 1x Saitek Multipanel, 1x Saitek Proflight Switch, Custom homecockpit.

Regarding the King Airs by Carenado--My favorite is the C 90 GTX. However, the only reason why I have purchased it is because of the great GTN 750 Mod that has been made available I believe by Bert Pieke.. Carenado "Glass" Cockpits are not the best and especially their version of the Proline 21 autopilot and their FMC. Read too many complaints about those two systems.

One "saving grace" about Carenado's King Airs in my opinion and others as well is the wonderful engine and system mods by "Whamil77". With his mods installed: The B200 is now modeled with the Raisbeck EPIC with the PT6A-52 engines--greatly improved performance with his mod and I like the "Old School" cockpit. Whamil77 has also provided similar mods for the older C90B King Air (Blackhawk -21 & -135 engines) and the King Air 350i with the Blackhawk Mod as well. You can find descriptions of his mods posted under those King Airs I've noted on this forum. Again, the only reason why I have the 350i is due to the GTN 750 mod that a fellow simmer provided some time ago. 

Finally, I did have Flight1's King Air Super(?) B200 with the Blackhawk mods modeled. I enjoyed it a lot--the problem area for me was their G1000 set up--It was a lot better than what Carenado provides but it was hard on frame rates especially in more dense areas like Seattle. I am not familiar with their King Air updated for P3D

Hope this helps you in your decision process.