Sign in to follow this  
surfcandy

"Study Level Aircraft"

Carenado is actually study level. You have to fix so much stuff yourself, you'll end up learning how everything works in the process.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

27 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Carenado is actually study level. You have to fix so much stuff yourself, you'll end up learning how everything works in the process.

:biggrin::blink::tongue:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

20 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:  So true!!!!!!!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hello, And thank you for your reply.

I will turn anti virus off, I also plan to buy a new 2 Tb SSD with a read of 550 mbs , sec, I would use Thunderbolt but have no spare PCIE slots left. So it looks like USB 3.1 C interface at 6 Gb, sec. Far more than the SSD can transfer.

First can you look at the attached picture, so many ticks per Volume, is the structure correct, and do I need the 2.4 layer below the Mesh should I delete it if it not being used.

Second,  I think the same as you about FSX loading  the scenery around the the airport or country side you are flying over.

But consider this,  From clicking the FSX start icon, I can be on the runway within 37 seconds 
With all the 4 Volumes ticked in the Library it takes about 5 to 6 minutes,  
All 1 to 4 Volumes ticked. 5 to 6 minutes 
If I untick one Volume the time reduces,
If I untick two volumes the time reduces even more.
If I untick three volumes the time reduces still more
If I untick the last Volume I’m back down to 37 seconds on default scenery.

As you can see this initial loading appears to be loading the whole country, ie not just an area around say Gatwick. ( I have Not added the Horizon Airports yet as that would be even longer)
Something feels wrong,  Where is all this scenery being loaded to.
As things stand if I added another 4 volumes I would be sitting there for 12 mins,

I hope my explanation is understandable.
Look forward to your comments.

Many thanks 
Alan

Sent from my iPad

On 29 Jan 2019, at 16:41, Paul Chaney <paul.chaney@horizonsimulation.com> wrote:

Hi Alan,

All seems to be fine. 

Extra scenery library entries are due to additional scenery elements since the manual was written:

High resolution inserts
3D Landmarks
Additional vector data

FSX loads data required only for the immediate area around the airport you’re flying over. 

Loading time is possibly due to:
1. Hard drive speed. We recommend SSD for optimum performance.
2. Antivirus. Depends on which you use. If yours scans all data on loading, this can significantly extend loading times.

To improve:
1. Add SSD if you don’t already have one and copy VFRGX volumes to that instead.
2. Exclude FSX/VFRGX from antivirus real-time scan.