Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Learjet 35A and REX-Milviz WX Radar

As some of you may know, there have been sporadic issues reported on the REX official forum regarding CTDs and other odd behavior supposedly associated with the REX-Milviz WX radar gauge and specific 3rd party aircraft. I have the most recent beta of the WX radar gauge and it works perfectly with the RealAirTD V2, the Milviz 310R Redux and the Milviz B55, under P3d V4.3, Win10 and nVidia driver version 391.35. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the Flysimware LJ 35A. It either CTDs P3d4 (no Windows error report) or locks the entire system up, requiring a reboot. Has anybody else used the WX Radar in the LJ 35a VC panel? I am specifically looking for anyone who has used it in concert with the dual GTN 750s, either from Flight1 or RXP. Thanks.

I have not had a problem with the REX-Milviz WX radar and a single GTN750 in the Lear35 with Win10/P3Dv4.3. I have not tried using dual GTN750s.

Al

Thanks Al. I assume that it was the F1 GTN complete version. What version of P3d4 and the WX radar gauge are you using?

F1 GTN complete v2.06

P3Dv4.3

REX-Milviz Advantage WX radar:  I'm not sure how to tell what version I have. I installed the WX radar update for P3Dv4.3 that was available in early Aug 2018. I had the FSX version for quite a while before upgrading for P3Dv4.3.

Al

Edited by ark

You don't have the beta WX radar, but a new production version should be released early next week. The version you have is the one that is supposedly problematic. Go figure.

I'm going reinstall the LJ and see if that helps.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:15 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

You don't have the beta WX radar, but a new production version should be released early next week. The version you have is the one that is supposedly problematic. Go figure.

I'm going reinstall the LJ and see if that helps.

just to report I have also had a CTD with the C441, single GTN750 ( that's the complete F1 gtn stuff) and running the msi ver 20180725 of the milviz gauge.

in event viewer it showed .. Failing Module path K:\1P3D v4.2\Gauges\ MV_W.dll ...  ( i'm running p3d ver 4.3 , I installed it into my 4.2 path)

did remember having crashes with the  lear also ( that was with a single gtn)

Have looked on the Rex forum but it looks like you have to sign up for beta updates. and there is no mention  yet of a fix.

bob

There's a post from the developer that states that the new release version of the WX radar gauge will be available next week. There's also a post from a user (not me) indicating a CTD with the Flysimware LJ35a with the previous production gauge for P3d 4.3.

Tested with Reality 1 GTN 750 complete and no issues of crashing when i turn the WX radar unit on. Using the Flyusimware L35A Dual.

Edited by Flysimware

On 9/22/2018 at 8:46 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

There's a post from the developer that states that the new release version of the WX radar gauge will be available next week. There's also a post from a user (not me) indicating a CTD with the Flysimware LJ35a with the previous production gauge for P3d 4.3.

I have now discovered that the current version (not the new beta version) of the Rex WX radar has been causing me reloading problems with the FSW Lear35 and MU-2. With the WX radar installed in these planes P3Dv4.3 crashes if I try to reload the planes, or try to swap them out for another one after they are loaded in the sim. These problems go away if I disable the WX radar in the Lear35 or MU-2. However, if I just initially load the Lear35 or MU-2 and go fly, the WX radar works fine. 

Hopefully the new version of the WX radar will solve the reloading/swap problem.

Al

• Upvote 1

Thanks all for confirming this. We'll have to wait for a new release of the WX gauge.

12 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Thanks all for confirming this. We'll have to wait for a new release of the WX gauge.

Any idea on the timing for the new WX gauge release?

Thx,

Al

No, sorry. I don't even have the latest beta version so they may have hit a snag in the testing.

Edited by jabloomf1230

1 minute ago, jabloomf1230 said:

No, sorry. I don't even have the latest beta version so they may have hit a snag in the testing.

OK, thanks for the info.

Al

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

While we are waiting for an update I have been doing some testing, using the FSW c441 I have just completed a long flight ( using asp4 weather ) with no crashes.

I removed the 2d pop-up form the panel.cfg file., I'll have a try with the L35a tomorrow to see if that also works.

bob

edit..   removed the 2d wx gauge in the Lear35 and now into a 60min flight with out a ctd.

Edited by onebob

Bob,

I have not had any problems with the WX radar in the Lear35 or MU-2 during a flight in P3Dv4.3. The only time I get a CTD is when I try to reload the a/c, or replace it with another. There is something about replacing an a/c that has the WX radar installed that is causing CTDs. Seems to be a common problem based on posts in the REX WX forum.

Al