Sign in to follow this  
Matt Piotrowski

40 fps jittery gameplay

On 9/22/2018 at 4:50 AM, Rockliffe said:

Unlimited frames will normally return a smoother flying experience in regards to framerates, but it generally comes at a cost of scenery loading, due to the CPU's priorities being set in favour of frames and not scenery. Setting framerates, will allow any 'overhead' CPU ability for loading scenery. 

True, but from my experience and from what I've read around it still causes micro stutters (there's a technical explanation on this in the posts). This is the reason why I chose to set an FPS limitation via NVI to 30, but still locking internally to 40, so that I can take advantage of the CPU directing a bunch of its horsepower to drawing the scenery

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

7 hours ago, Matt Piotrowski said:

I don't know what to do anymore. I tried everything. My game just feels jittery and doesn't feel smooth. X plane is smooth and runs amazing on my computer.

Even tried setting refresh rate to 30 Hz and setting internal VSync to ON (+ triple buffering) and FPS unlimited?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

7 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Even tried setting refresh rate to 30 Hz and setting internal VSync to ON (+ triple buffering) and FPS unlimited?

I can’t set my refresh rate to 30hz. Only 60hz and 24hz

1 hour ago, Matt Piotrowski said:

I can’t set my refresh rate to 30hz. Only 60hz and 24hz

You can try 24, some people fly as low as 20 an consider it smooth enough. But you may find the mouse pointer quite sluggish though.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

4 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

You can try 24, some people fly as low as 20 an consider it smooth enough. But you may find the mouse pointer quite sluggish though.

Yea, that's the problem.