Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21SEP18] Release Planning Information for the PMDG 747-8

Hi guys, so if I'm reading this right, current owners of the 400 will have to pay $5 (P3D) to download the new build of the 400 prior to installing the 800??

UPS123.png

No of course not. If you already own it, you already own it. New customers might be facing a 5$ increase in the future.

Ok , thanks i was hoping that was the case, I was a little confused by the way it was worded, Looking forward to the release!!

UPS123.png

Yeah if you are thinking of buying the base -400, buy now.  😄

Edited by StarBlue

Just now, StarBlue said:

Yeah if you are thinking of buying, buy now.  😄

Agreed. I bought mine when it released and Am Happy it did. Some people will be upset its not a stand alone but I want to support these guys as much as possible.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

2 minutes ago, juanpabloalmeidaduran said:

I'm not searching "Hong Kong trader" pics in airliners.net touching myself in a lustful way(?) waiting for the release. No, I'm not.

Best of both worlds?

13768210_317748021901798_629922492_n.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Best of both worlds?

13768210_317748021901798_629922492_n.jpg

Hehe nice One!

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Thats real nice! How did you get the GSX guys to lay back like that! sooooo lifelike!

😄

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

3 hours ago, rfelger said:

Hi guys, so if I'm reading this right, current owners of the 400 will have to pay $5 (P3D) to download the new build of the 400 prior to installing the 800??

It's a "-8", not an "800".

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Great news, thanks a lot. I could not imagine myself so keen to looking forward uninstalling a PMDG machine  😇

Is it just the -8 being released this weekend, and not the Global Operations programme too? Kyle mentioned some of the programme’s functionality with the -8 in his video but I assume that RSR would have mentioned that specifically if both were coming out at the same time.

Just now, rondon9898 said:

Is it just the -8 being released this weekend, and not the Global Operations programme too? Kyle mentioned some of the programme’s functionality with the -8 in his video but I assume that RSR would have mentioned that specifically if both were coming out at the same time.

Just 747-8 possibly, Still no release for sure. You won't need GFO to use the new functionality. If GFO isnt there it just simulates in the background from what I caught of the video.

It may be another couple days or more before we see the 747-8 

Mark Roberts 

Sure - I only ask because I’m afraid, although it looks beautiful, the -8 doesn’t quite fit into my simming agenda, so to speak, so I shan’t be partaking of it - but the Global Ops sounds very, very interesting and could be a lovely addition to the 744.

Edited by rondon9898
spelling

John,

PMDG Global Flight Operations is not included in the PMDG 747-8.  Global Flight Operations is a separate product and will unveiled formally soon.

We did make some changes to the 747 product line in preparation for bringing Global Flight Operations to market- which is perhaps what you saw.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com