Sign in to follow this  
charlie130

Malware to beat pirates?

I was just reading my news bullitin on my tablet and there was an article on FSL and Malware.

Seems a few months ago FSL put some Malware makarky in their Airbus, aimed at pirates!

Whilst I understand the positive aim was to defeat piracy, I was rather alarmed at the addition of Malware in a top simulation product. It was triggered if anyone tried to install a pirate copy, the Malware apparently sent passwords back to some place?

Anyway, I assume it's all sorted out. If anyone missed this (like myself) here is another little article.

https://www.fidusinfosec.com/fslabs-flight-simulation-labs-dropping-malware-to-combat-piracy/

Funny little world this isn't it?

I remember when you could only buy flight sims in Game, on a thing called a DVD?  

Regards

David

Have seen were Add Blockers have admitted that they collect users Data, makes you wonder were it`s all going with Data collecting and Google buying US Mastercard user Data.    

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Discussions of Digital Rights Management/techniques to fight pirates stealing software will not be discussed on AVSIM per AVSIM Terms of Service. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10