Sign in to follow this  
xTiMm_

What will be the next project by PMDG?

Personally my biggest wish would be the C-130 Hercules.
I know that's not gonna happen but man wouldn't that be something?
A rugged, heavy, sturdy, powerfull beast of a magnificient flying machine.....and that sound!!!

• Upvote 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

737 MAX, which has been hinted and hinted.

Then somewhere along the lines an update to the 777 with EFB and RainMaker would be awesome.

Then the obvious candidate after that would be the 787 since it uses technology from the 747-8 (think airport ND maps, EFB), and the MAX (think of those large LCD, HGS) 🙂

But I’ll be patiently waiting in my 747-8 either way.

Regards,

Chen Chen 

NZAA

Chen Chen

MSFS: FENIX A320 / PMDG 737 / FBW A32NX / WT 787-10

NZAA 

Would love a NGX reboot with all the Acar features etc updated fmc

• Like 2

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

They need to finish porting the Jetstream 41 to P3D first.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

There was a post earlier this year that the J41 project was under review as it appeared it was going to require more time and resources than originally thought to make it 64-bit compatible.  Reading through these threads today it seems some folks want the existing stuff updated to the new standards, and at the same time the other group want their favorite planes added to the existing PMDG fleet.  Some folks seem to want both.  But in reality resources are finite and a balance between the two has to be achieved. 

Being a business in business to be profitable, there is only so much time that can be spent constantly upgrading the older stuff without charging for it. 

I'm of the mindset that I'd rather see new planes get developed with the new technology and pushing the boundaries rather than patching up the old stuff....which doing so would take away their time from moving on to the next big project.  I mostly feel this way because the old stuff still beats anything else out there, and not having raindrops on windshields and smoother animations are not going to kill the actual flight experience by much.

Mark Trainer

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'll respectfully disagree in regards to the Jetstream 41 taking time and money away from PMDG's next big project for several reasons. Firstly, it has been shown by beta testers as performing complete flights in 64 bit so it would seem most of the work is already complete. Secondly, it is a minimum work port with no new features added. Thirdly, I am sure PMDG will charge for it as they charge for every P3D licence separately to FSX. And finally, there are no "study level" aircraft for P3D in the 19-50 seat class.

As regards updating their other products already in P3Dv4 i do take your point that patching them up with some nice eye candy is not essential.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Actually, you make an excellent point as I wasn't thinking of the J41 specifically as an old aircraft update that would take away resources even though it came out that way in my post (now that I re-read it) I was actually thinking of the more of the modern updates that the -8 is getting being applied to the 777 (which I don't have, so you see the bias) - you see I *am* actually hoping they come out with a new version of the PMDG J41 airplane for 2 entirely selfish reasons - 1) I didn't get in on buying the original J41 and would love to have it in Prepar3D, and 2) yes, something from PMDG that can land at smaller airports would be a blessing because I'm jonesing to buy some of the slightly smaller beautiful ORBX airports.  Wasn't considering the J41 a revisit in my post but more as a new plane for Prepar3D, which is my bad for not making that clear.

I strive for clarity in my posts but failed on that one.  But, it's been a rough day today (long story) and I need to just give up and pack it in for the evening.

Mark Trainer

• Like 1

My hopes:

1 - OMG gives us the J41 for frack's sake. It was almost exactly a year ago it went into "beta"
2 - DC 3 
3 - 787 yet?

• Like 1

Noah Bryant

Well, GFO and NG3 are I n the works. Plus, they probably are also concurrently working on updating the existing 777 product line as well. But if you’re talking about projects besides these...I’d say another plane is a good bet 😛

Well, I've heard that the next PMDG product will be the beautiful and powerful Airbus A-350.  That will be amazing.  

:ph34r:

I'm throwing my hat in the ring for a Boeing 757 (again!) - there has never been a true quality one made (yes some attempts do exist but they honestly do not portray the beast accurately, not even close) and they are truly an amazing aircraft. Probably the most over-powered aircraft since the VC10 and capable of quite ridiculous climb performance. Go on PMDG, it'd be fun!

Rats, I mentioned the VC10, we'll never get one but now THAT was a plane 💓

Edited by BillC
  • Like 2

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

What i would like :

1 / 737 MAX

2 / 787 

3 / 767

However i assume it would be 737MAX then maybe 787?

What I would love to see is a study level Classic 747-100/200.

I cannot understand how this mainstay of longhaul aircraft for many airlines for over 20 years prior to the 777 and 744 has been ignored by flight sim developers with the exception of RFP by Ralph Tofflemire.  It appears todays pilots are quite happy setting up a computer (FMS) and watching the aircraft fly itself to destination.  The 747 Classic had to be monitored very closely by both the Pilots and Flight Engineer.

A study level PMDG Classic 747-100/200 would be fantastic. 

• Upvote 3

Glen

14 minutes ago, GAJ52 said:

What I would love to see is a study level Classic 747-100/200.

I cannot understand how this mainstay of longhaul aircraft for many airlines for over 20 years prior to the 777 and 744 has been ignored by flight sim developers with the exception of RFP by Ralph Tofflemire.  It appears todays pilots are quite happy setting up a computer (FMS) and watching the aircraft fly itself to destination.  The 747 Classic had to be monitored very closely by both the Pilots and Flight Engineer.

A study level PMDG Classic 747-100/200 would be fantastic. 

I concur, Justflight is preparing a 747 classic but I don't put too much hope in the depth of the system. The RFP 742 merged with the POSKY models are one of the reason I remained with FS2004 until 2016.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 32 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 2080 TI OS : Win 10 PRO Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, 2x Saitek Radios, 1x Saitek Multipanel, 1x Saitek Proflight Switch, Custom homecockpit.

21 hours ago, Johnfol said:

Or has it have to be an American build aicraft?

Might get an Airbus A320, aren’t they going to make them in Alabama!

PMDG are going to be busy. We need a 737MAX, 787, 777X, 797... 🙂