Sign in to follow this  
xTiMm_

What will be the next project by PMDG?

Maybe I should stop hoping for the J41... It's hard to give up on it because it's was practically finished a year ago and it was such a fun plane. 

Honestly, though all I want is something difficult. I want to have to read the manual cover to cover. I want the first time I try and start it up to end in disaster. Please, please not another Boeing unless it's an old one that takes skill. 

I finally caved and bought the 747-8. I started it up, took off, came back around and landed without any trouble at all. I haven't touched it since. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Noah Bryant

Ya havn't lived until you've done a 6,000fpm climb in a (properly simulated) Boeing 757 with growling RB211s at full chat. All else just seems dull after that 😊

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

9 hours ago, NoahBryant said:

Maybe I should stop hoping for the J41... It's hard to give up on it because it's was practically finished a year ago and it was such a fun plane. 

Honestly, though all I want is something difficult. I want to have to read the manual cover to cover. I want the first time I try and start it up to end in disaster. Please, please not another Boeing unless it's an old one that takes skill. 

I finally caved and bought the 747-8. I started it up, took off, came back around and landed without any trouble at all. I haven't touched it since. 

100 Points...

9 minutes ago, McFly08151 said:

100 Points...

PMDG still have the J41 on their website as Beta announcement so I think/hope they still plan to release it. It has a lower priority than other things like GFO, sure, but it‘s not taken off the page. 

Lol, yes dream on.. 

I think its not a really business case for PMDG for this bird. They can`t sell this bird for 80 Dollar or more...:-)

Edited by McFly08151

3 hours ago, McFly08151 said:

I think its not a really business case for PMDG for this bird. They can`t sell this bird for 80 Dollar or more...:-) 

I disagree. If you want cheap high volume birds there are lots to chose from but that has never been the PMDG market. There are dozens of 737 simulations available, most of which are cheaper the PMDG's offerings. People don't pay 80+ just because something is common, though they  might pay that if it is rare enough. No, people pay because it gets them what they want. And what PMDG's customers want (in my highly uneducated opinion) falls into one or both of two categories; Cat A customers want the best simulation of a mainstream jetliner on the market, hence the roaring success and longevity of their Boeing range. Cat B customers want the best and most detailed simulations available for their platform. The MD-11, JS-41 and 737NG showed what could be done on FSX that just wasn't possible before, and wasn't possible at all on FS2002, finally putting a long overdue nail in that coffin. However, the problem with setting new standards is that they become the new standard. The things that made us go wow when 737NG was released won't even raise an eyebrow anymore.

I don't envy PMDG, they have a successful Boeing range that satisfies their Cat A customers, but P3D and XP offer new opportunities. Cat B customers like me want the things we haven't seen before and we won't know what they are until PMDG gives them to us.

I am a JS41 fan, always have been and I patiently wait for PMDG to reach the point in their busy development schedule to assign development resources.  All I know it's not dead, which is good news, but the bad news is I don't know how long we must wait.

Dan Downs KCRP

Let’s be honest ...heavy iron flying is pretty boring...love the jet but hate the mission.

spacer.png

Apart from updates and global ops.

in around 1.5 years (educated guess) we will get the NG3. 

Personly given that time span they will probably then do a 78. That's like 3-4 years out at best.

Feel free to dream about other aircraft. 🙂 Don't even think Airbus, There ties with Boeing are good and that's great for us.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 11/23/2018 at 9:54 AM, Nyxx said:

Apart from updates and global ops.

in around 1.5 years (educated guess) we will get the NG3. 

Personly given that time span they will probably then do a 78. That's like 3-4 years out at best.

Feel free to dream about other aircraft. 🙂 Don't even think Airbus, There ties with Boeing are good and that's great for us.

Well, QW took years to develop their 787 and it still not at PMDG Level, so I believe we will wait maybe longer... Anyway, maybe they took a shortcut and instead they are already working on the 797/NMA... Already starting the modeling, maybe...

Yuuki

42 minutes ago, commandantyuuki said:

Well, QW took years to develop their 787 and it still not at PMDG Level, so I believe we will wait maybe longer... Anyway, maybe they took a shortcut and instead they are already working on the 797/NMA... Already starting the modeling, maybe...

But QW employees are part time. PMDG is full time, and I think(?) has a larger development team so I would expect a PMDG 787 to take the same amount of time as their other products if they choose to go ahead with one.

15 hours ago, HighFlier said:

But QW employees are part time. PMDG is full time, and I think(?) has a larger development team so I would expect a PMDG 787 to take the same amount of time as their other products if they choose to go ahead with one.

Yes maybe... I also think of one thing: 32 bit vs 64 bit. We have seen Aerosoft stop the development of their A318/319/320/321 in the 32-bit environment, so maybe they will just do it for P3DV4.4/ any 64-bit simulator with the same answer of the 32 bit. It would maybe cut in half the development time... Do we prefer more feature with a simulator where it's on a constant evolution or go with a simulator that is more than 10 years old with no more updates? For me, I think it's time to switch simulator since we entered a new era and we should not be stopped for those people with FSX (I talk also for FSX: SE). If I was a boss on any developers, I would prefer more feature rather than compatibilities on both simulators even if it would give us money, since 32-bit doesn't offers the same things as 64-bit. I would at least priorise the 64-bit P3DV4.4 and maybe consider the 32-bit, where they already have the QW that I consider a very good visual model. 

Edited by commandantyuuki
explanation
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yuuki

1 hour ago, commandantyuuki said:

Yes maybe... I also think of one thing: 32 bit vs 64 bit. We have seen Aerosoft stop the development of their A318/319/320/321 in the 32-bit environment, so maybe they will just do it for P3DV4.4/ any 64-bit simulator with the same answer of the 32 bit. It would maybe cut in half the development time... Do we prefer more feature with a simulator where it's on a constant evolution or go with a simulator that is more than 10 years old with no more updates? For me, I think it's time to switch simulator since we entered a new era and we should not be stopped for those people with FSX (I talk also for FSX: SE). If I was a boss on any developers, I would prefer more feature rather than compatibilities on both simulators even if it would give us money, since 32-bit doesn't offers the same things as 64-bit. I would at least priorise the 64-bit P3DV4.4 and maybe consider the 32-bit, where they already have the QW that I consider a very good visual model. 

I believe a few developers are leaving FSX behind. Even with PMDG you see v4 only features due to 32-bit limitations. We of course don’t know what PMDG plans to do in the future, but I wouldn’t be surprised if NG3 is their last product for FSX.

• Like 1