Sign in to follow this  
xTiMm_

What will be the next project by PMDG?

25 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

Also, why don't they organise a survey about what do WE want? They could know exactly what people would expect from them.

Pretty sure there's more to the customer base than just the people on the forum.

• Like 2

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

3 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Pretty sure there's more to the customer base than just the people on the forum.

By that I meant a survey on their website for example.

12 hours ago, LH340fan said:

I've always been kinda sceptical towards PMDG pricing, but TBH, i'd pay a LOT for the 767. We have'nt seen a proper recreation of it in ages! And it has TONS of variants as well:

-200(F&BCF+ER)

-300(F+ER)

-400(ER)

Thus having all engine options the QOTSII has, so it would allow same sounds and minimal work on engine power scripts(GE CF6,RR211,PW4000),and more options for the flightdeck (including the appealing new avionics made by RC).There still are some of those flying around the world as PAX and more and more will be converted for freighter.

IMO it's one of the best possible projects, since I think PMDG owns some of LD sim and there were so many variants this product could easely follow their internal pricing policy.

Also, why don't they organise a survey about what do WE want? They could know exactly what people would expect from them.

Well, the 767-400ER cockpit is almost the same as the 777-200 since at the beginning, it was supposed to be the 777-100, but because of the few interest, they change it for 767-400ER...For the -300, there's the FF767 + the new extended pack for XP11 that is quite a good aircraft.

As for the survey, right now, they are looking at updating their product (JS4100 from FSX to P3D, a NGX to NG3, 747 V2 to QOTSII...) and I think they do like any brand, look at the market, take the one that would be more profitable for them, and develop it, so yes they kinda look the forum for what they choose, but they won't make a survey, because there's many ways to hack the survey, make many accounts, double the vote, destroy others votes, and also, there will always have some who will answer something unrelated, so would it be reliable ? Look, FlightGlobal has a survey and you can vote as many time you wants, so is it 100% reliable ? No, because of the multiple vote choice. 

Also, the make a good quality aircraft, its take at least, when full time working, a year to do the exterior modeling, and add the system and all that, we would have P3DV5... Every aircraft have his difficulty and it challenge to fly it, but also to concept it for a flight sim. Anything you see on your sim can takes hours and hours of programmation, of troubleshooting, of patches, of many ressources

Edited by commandantyuuki

Yuuki

16 hours ago, commandantyuuki said:

Well, the 767-400ER cockpit is almost the same as the 777-200 since at the beginning, it was supposed to be the 777-100, but because of the few interest, they change it for 767-400ER...For the -300, there's the FF767 + the new extended pack for XP11 that is quite a good aircraft.

As for the survey, right now, they are looking at updating their product (JS4100 from FSX to P3D, a NGX to NG3, 747 V2 to QOTSII...) and I think they do like any brand, look at the market, take the one that would be more profitable for them, and develop it, so yes they kinda look the forum for what they choose, but they won't make a survey, because there's many ways to hack the survey, make many accounts, double the vote, destroy others votes, and also, there will always have some who will answer something unrelated, so would it be reliable ? Look, FlightGlobal has a survey and you can vote as many time you wants, so is it 100% reliable ? No, because of the multiple vote choice. 

Also, the make a good quality aircraft, its take at least, when full time working, a year to do the exterior modeling, and add the system and all that, we would have P3DV5... Every aircraft have his difficulty and it challenge to fly it, but also to concept it for a flight sim. Anything you see on your sim can takes hours and hours of programmation, of troubleshooting, of patches, of many ressources

Making a survey doesn't mean it's 100% profitable nor represents the truth. However it can be helpful to target and differenciate among us what in average we want. Also there are some surveys in which you can only access once. 

Actually we don't know anything about v5 YET. The only thing is that I presume as soon as something is v5 compatible it will probably work on V4. 😉

All I really care about seeing now that the -8 is out is the NG3 which they apparently are already working on..

Edited by JA806A

19 hours ago, commandantyuuki said:

Well, for the NG3, for me would be the MAX10, for the replacement of 757, 

We can't replace a 757 we've never had and so this is yet another reason why we need one next. With RB211s at full whack 😃  

• Like 2

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

3 hours ago, BillC said:

We can't replace a 757 we've never had and so this is yet another reason why we need one next. With RB211s at full whack 😃  

The CS757 III (many in real world start replacing their ageing 757 by MAX10 or the A321neoLR...that was what I meant...)

• Like 1

Yuuki

On 9/21/2018 at 9:01 PM, xTiMm_ said:

Now with the shortly released -8 of the Queen of the Skies series, we could start a thread guessing whats next by PMDG.

So. Whats next? 😛 😄

Don´t tell anyone, but there´s a rumor about mr Randazzo hiding in a dark alley with three bags of popcorn and a full collection of Airwolf. It´s a secret project :ph34r:

We definitely need the 757 next!

Common aircraft that's suitable for most airports and most routes should get PMDG good profit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, commandantyuuki said:

The CS757 III 

Which doesn't fly like a 757 plus I will not give CS money. Once bitten twice shy.

• Like 2

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

has anyone ever expressed, will the NG3 be a re-done NG, the MAX, or both?

i believe there never was an official statement on either, but maybe some comments may have indicated something?

sorry if i missed something, i don’t live in this forum 🙄

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

53 minutes ago, eurowing said:

has anyone ever expressed, will the NG3 be a re-done NG, the MAX, or both?

i believe there never was an official statement on either, but maybe some comments may have indicated something?

sorry if i missed something, i don’t live in this forum 🙄

Well, there will have both,

here a useful link : https://fselite.net/news/pmdg-previews-detail-747-8-737-max-confirmed/

Yuuki