Sign in to follow this  
xTiMm_

What will be the next project by PMDG?

8 hours ago, C2615 said:

No one ever mentioned 737-100/200/ADV?

IMO it's true pilot's airplane. It isn't too heavy on machines so no flight engineer needed as old 707/727/741, nor it's too smart that can fly itself as 757\767 737CL onwards...

I'd love that, especially since the MilViz one won't really be supported on newer versions of P3D. Sadly I think the masses like the automated-everything planes though 😞

• Like 1

Noah Bryant

4 hours ago, NoahBryant said:

Sadly I think the masses like the automated-everything planes though 😞

Personally, I like both the same. I like modern jets and their FMCs and all just as much as I like steam gauges and INSs. The 707 and 727 really are legendary and fascinating aircraft. I think the vast majority of simmers tend to fly modern jets because it's easier, less work to do and going and flying older aircraft on a reasonably professional level (using systems the correct way, that is) is at least in my case quite a learning curve which would require some time to study and practice. I don't have that time so I stick to my state-of-the-art jets to spend time flying rather than reading manuals. Plus the simple fact that most addons simulate aircraft that you see at airports every day and that you fly on typically when travelling so you can relate to these aircraft more than older ones in most cases even if you're not a pilot. I did enjoy flying circuits in my CS 707 back in FSX days.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

The 707 would be great fun. I‘d love to see an updated cockpit version like the KC135 has. But I doubt we‘re going to see a PMDG 707 at all. Keeping the modern Boeings „up-to-P3D“ will keep PMDG busy for quite a time. Add GFO to that and they are fully occupied

Well I doubt this will be their next project but I’d love to see PMDG explore the Pilatus PC-24 as a future project.  I stumbled across this new light business jet on YouTube a few weeks ago and got hooked immediately. It can operate from very short runways including unpaved surfaces but with the performance of a jet. This would substantially open up the number airports one could fly into.  If you like advanced avionics with all the bells and whistles like I do, this aircraft appears to have a lot of them.

On another note, if this Boeing / Embraer partnership gets approved by everyone as mentioned earlier in the thread, perhaps PMDG will have access to additional resources to be able to add a study level corporate jet into their portfolio such as the Phenom, Legacy, or Praetor series aircraft. 

Charlie Simons

What I'd personally like to see is no MD-11.   No MAX.   No NG3.  In fact, no new planes period until PMDG shore up the deficiencies in their shared FMS codebase.

Edited by hohum

7 hours ago, Boomer said:

MD11 please for p3dv4.4.

MD11 please for FSX is my best wish

8 minutes ago, seahawks said:

Is that a joke? 🙂 Because that already exists... made by PMDG.

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, seahawks said:

FSX is a dead sim brother.

Might I counter propose a MD11 for P3Dv4.4 please.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Boomer said:

more than dead, more and more developer starts to go away from FSX... If there's one in FSX, there will not have the same functionality as P3DV4, so it would be a very different plane...

Yuuki

omg...

imagine a 747-quality MD-11 taxiing onto the runway, let FS2Crew turn on the lights, one last glance at the departure chart on the EFB tablet attached at the side window, you say "takeoff", forward the throttles, your FO acknowledges "80 knots, power set", the cockpit shakes and rattles while you accelerate... cold computer voice says "V1", and there she goes, the sun reflecting from the PBR panel... sigh

Edited by Ephedrin
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Boomer said:

No FSX is still alive, and MD11 is no longer for FSX, (where is it available? Thank you for the info) before writing anything, think.

38 minutes ago, commandantyuuki said:

more than dead, more and more developer starts to go away from FSX... If there's one in FSX, there will not have the same functionality as P3DV4, so it would be a very different plane...

No FSX is still alive, and alive, and addons for FSX are still (and thankfully) available, as there are still a lot of customers for FSX

If FSX is alive anywhere, it's 32 bit body is on life support.  Sorry, denial changes nothing.

It's a dead end and i would never advocate development resources wasted on it.  The Quality Wings 787 was an exception to developers agreeing afaik.

Certainly PMDG won't build anything else for FSX, the platform is decrepit.

Now, by all means tell me to STFU or think some more.

BTW p3dv4 can be had for relatively little cash, yes I know about addons.

MD11 for P3Dv4.4 please.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png