Sign in to follow this  
xTiMm_

What will be the next project by PMDG?

9 hours ago, windshearDK said:

I think that's a great idea, but I don't think that's how PMDG roll

yea,sadly :sad:

10 hours ago, LH340fan said:

I just got another idea.

What if PMDG did a poll about which a/C to make (on avsim for ex)? They could get to know our wishes... far better than a google form imo

Hasn't that already been done?! Multiple times, that is...?

The problem with such a suggestion and action is, that such a poll isn't necessary indicative of what the general customer base wish for. Believe it or not, there's a world that exists, outside of AVSIM...

• Like 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Wow, when this post came out - it was blasted for "here we go again", yet we are in the 10th page so far.  For me, I have all the planes I want:  PMDG 737, 747, 777 and QW787.  Maybe a 737 MAX would be nice but I am good with what I have..

Paul Gugliotta

Good thread so far but I have a suggestion.

I think a MD11 for P3Dv4 would be smashing and sell well.

Cheers.

Edited by Boomer
  • Like 4

spacer.png

Yup an MD-11 by PMDG is definitely a must have 😄

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

19 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Problem is there's more people who use these planes than just the people on the forums here.

^ This.

Kyle Rodgers

HI all,

I would like to see them do the 787. I own QW's 787 and it is nice, but it doesn't have the FMC functionality or EICAS/ECL like the real airplane does. This is where PMDG excels, IMHO. As a real pilot who flys the 787, I can tell you it is the most amazing airplane I've ever flown in my 40+ year career. It would be so cool to have this airplane as a study-level sim. 

By the time I retire (3.5 yrs), maybe, PMGD will have it done by then. I can only pray and hope. ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Yup an MD-11 by PMDG is definitely a must have 😄

Good call, brother, I fully concur.

spacer.png

We keep hearing "there's more people who use these planes than just the people on the forums here" or words to that effect and of course it is true, but is it relevant? Is there any evidence that those on the forum buy differently from those who are not? Is there any evidence that suggests the people on the forum think differently from those who are not? In other words, has anybody got any evidence that a forum poll would *not* be representative? 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Boomer said:

I think a MD11 for P3Dv4 would be smashing and sell well.

I think it was a project done by people who are not part of PMDG anymore... That being said, why focus on an aircraft that is becoming less and less active in the real world?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

17 hours ago, thstreff said:

I would like to see them do the 787. I own QW's 787 and it is nice, but it doesn't have the FMC functionality or EICAS/ECL like the real airplane does

I disagree I don't see that many things lacking in the FMC or EICAS... But there are many tweaks they need to do for me to actually enjoy flying it... I have put it in the hangar for now, until they fix the A/T issues and panel save issues...

• Upvote 1

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

1 hour ago, windshearDK said:

why focus on an aircraft that is becoming less and less active in the real world?

Because:

1) it rewards the pilot who puts in the effort to learn it, but punishes the pilot who doesn't.

2) it is a more interesting and enjoyable aircraft to fly then most Boeings because it requires the pilots to fly it.

3) PMDG already know how to do it so they just have to make it prettier.

Edited by Paul_Smith

Just now, Paul_Smith said:

1) It is an easy plane to fly but a hard plane to fly well. 

2) it rewards the pilot who puts in the effort to learn it well, but punishes the pilot who doesn't.

2) it is a more interesting and enjoyable aircraft to fly then most Boeings because it requires the pilots to fly it.
PMDG already know how to do it

ok... So is a 737-200... But how many IRL fly this jet?? UPS, FDX and GEC(Lufthansa Cargo...

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

There are plenty of 737-200's in the air as I type, but PMDG haven't done a steam gauge aircraft since the DC-6 (for X-plane) and before that, the JS-41. They have done the MD-11 and know (knew) how it works.

10 hours ago, windshearDK said:

I think it was a project done by people who are not part of PMDG anymore... That being said, why focus on an aircraft that is becoming less and less active in the real world?

That was my understanding and they took their code with them.

• Like 1

spacer.png