Sign in to follow this  
xTiMm_

What will be the next project by PMDG?

i think it would be amazing if duplicate remarks could be avoided. like which sim is better, or would PMDG ever make a XXX (<- insert wish here).... Its been answered so often and yet we are here again...

What was the definition of insanity?

• Like 2

I see Boeing are going into partnership with Aerion to develop a Supersonic Business Jet, slated for test flights in 2023, and service in 2025.

Mach 1.4, range 4200nm, cutting 3hrs off a trans-atlantic flight.

And we know PMDG love Boeing.😀

Just sayin'............................

Andy Baird

1 hour ago, cosnowboarder_777 said:

With the Boeing acquisition of the Ejet program, maybe we will see them some Ejets in the future. 

I'm dying for a good ERJ/EJet, if PMDG were to make one I'd probably explode. They are some of my favorite planes

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MrGarak said:

I'm dying for a good ERJ/EJet, if PMDG were to make one I'd probably explode. They are some of my favorite planes

Disclaimer: I don't make any of the aircraft decisions around here.

Editorial: The ERJ is an awful lawn dart, and the EJet is a wannabe mainline aircraft that's actually just a ramp diva (although it has some neat technology).

Additionally: Lacking the design elegance and speed of Concorde, I can't overlook the yoke that looks like it came off of a child's bike.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

On 1/29/2019 at 6:29 PM, VHOJT said:

Believe it or not, the thing that stops me from having it is not being able to put winds in the FMS.  A long haul plane without winds loaded into it is going to give terrible fuel estimates, and it would sort of take me to far out immersion-wise.

Cheers,

True, I used to obsess over fuel estimates until I reminded myself that sim fuel is free and landing a slightly overweight plane is more challenging. I like a challenge... So I just throw another 5000 lb in there depending on which variant and concentrate on learning all the other systems. I also used to obsess over route planning. Now I just enter the first 2 VOR /ADF stations into my NAV radio and my DEP and ARR expected runways and head out to the runway. My extra fuel strategy works well and is needed with this 'sloppy' approach! I also increase my reserve as well. Landing at 120 kts is too easy in a jet. I like having to nail the approach speed /spoilers /auto brakes and reversers combination to slow effectively on 5000/7000 footers (737/777) instead of 10000 footers. 

I love immersion too but with my 'manual' flying strategy I'm too busy to notice if there anything missing! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

6 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Editorial: The ERJ is an awful lawn dart, and the EJet is a wannabe mainline aircraft that's actually just a ramp diva (although it has some neat technology).

Additionally: Lacking the design elegance and speed of Concorde, I can't overlook the yoke that looks like it came off of a child's bike.

A lot of the mainline carriers are actually phasing out the 190s since they can't funnel them into the regionals due to the scope clause. We are seeing a lot of them go to teardown that are sometimes not even ten years old!

Edited by cosnowboarder_777

20 minutes ago, cosnowboarder_777 said:

A lot of the mainline carriers are actually phasing out the 190s since they can't funnel them into the regionals due to the scope clause. We are seeing a lot of them go to teardown that are sometimes not even ten years old!

What do you mean with the scope clause because I see them all the time in Europe on less busier routes.

16 hours ago, ph-cxz said:

What do you mean with the scope clause because I see them all the time in Europe on less busier routes.

The TL;DR version is that the line was blurring between regional and mainline, in terms of the type of flying and the aircraft being flown. The scope clause limits the incentive of the mainline carrier to offload routes (and therefore, potentially, jobs), since the regional - being on the "lowest bidder" model - was going to operate the same route for less.

Prior to those clauses, what would've been marketed at a mainline carrier back in the day was being marketed at regionals. Based on how regional ramps are run, I'm entirely baffled as to how/why the E-Jets were ever a thing (then again, the same company also brought us stairless E135s and E145s...so...their decision-making skills are suspect in my view).

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

8 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

The TL;DR version is that the line was blurring between regional and mainline, in terms of the type of flying and the aircraft being flown. The scope clause limits the incentive of the mainline carrier to offload routes (and therefore, potentially, jobs), since the regional - being on the "lowest bidder" model - was going to operate the same route for less.

Prior to those clauses, what would've been marketed at a mainline carrier back in the day was being marketed at regionals. Based on how regional ramps are run, I'm entirely baffled as to how/why the E-Jets were ever a thing (then again, the same company also brought us stairless E135s and E145s...so...their decision-making skills are suspect in my view).

Even the 145s are still a big market! The AE3007 is a great market for us. We own 32 of them.

On 1/21/2019 at 2:06 PM, windshearDK said:

I think it was a project done by people who are not part of PMDG anymore... That being said, why focus on an aircraft that is becoming less and less active in the real world?

beautiful, characterful, meaningful, iconic and everything but boring.

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2018 at 9:29 PM, threegreen said:

Did nobody notice?

Did. Does not start with 7?

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

On 2/6/2019 at 2:23 PM, scandinavian13 said:

That last part, man, I am choking on the breakfast, can't chew and ROFL at the same time, lol!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

On 1/24/2019 at 12:06 AM, paulyg123 said:

I see (from earlier thread) there are 737NG and 777 upgrades.  Does this mean the existing 737 and 777 are an incomplete project or it needs a  more accurate flight model?  Or are we talking about behind the scenes upgrades that deal with performance?

Not from what I know, but there are quite a few updates they implemented in the 747 and perhaps could still be implemented in future releases, not to mention model and texture upgrades

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg