Sign in to follow this  
xTiMm_

What will be the next project by PMDG?

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

I expect the NG3 be a new NG, just like the 747v3 Queen of the Sky 2 or whatever it‘s called. And the MAX as an extension like the 747-8.

That’s my expectation too, but I expect the MAX will be a stand-alone product given Rob’s comments following the release of the 747-8 and how they “never should have promised it would be an expansion” as it turned into too much work.

Speculation at this juncture, however, is relatively wasteful as Rob has said we’ll get some NG3 info over the coming days.

2 hours ago, squerble said:

That’s my expectation too, but I expect the MAX will be a stand-alone product given Rob’s comments following the release of the 747-8 and how they “never should have promised it would be an expansion” as it turned into too much work.

Speculation at this juncture, however, is relatively wasteful as Rob has said we’ll get some NG3 info over the coming days.

Very possible, yes... but yep, let‘s be patient. 

I hope that the NG3 has the BBJ model included. It would be a great addition and gives us a true long haul business jet.

Ben Stout

As long as I can have the -600 700 800 900 900ER I'll be a happy camper. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Same here! Waiting a lot for NG3.

There were talks a long time ago about the version for cockpit builders. Anybody knows if that still is being considered? I am using PMDG 737 with OCP4NGX and Open Cockpits modules which works very well, but all running from 1pc is very hard on the system. At least running PFD/ND and EICAS from another PC through net would bring some space to breath 🙂

Kind regards,

Sergej

Just curious, what are the people looking forward to NG3 hoping it will have that NG2 doesn't have?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Paul_Smith said:

Just curious, what are the people looking forward to NG3 hoping it will have that NG2 doesn't have?

Split scimitar winglets?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

2 hours ago, Paul_Smith said:

EFB would be awesome! Especially connected through the tablet app 😃

Personally I am very keen to know if cockpit builders version is even being considered! Would appreciate any info. 

Cheers

Sergej

7 hours ago, Paul_Smith said:

All the new technology available that's been implemented in the 747-8. The NGX is nearly eight years old, there's a lot of room for improvement now that it's 2019. Plus split scimitar winglets, corrected cockpit geometry (yes, I said it again, don't hit me) and definitely the 900ER version. Plus the MAX, if it's going to be done as well.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

and maaaaayyyyyyybeeeee they will finally return to the present and update their FMS.. why do I doubt it while I write it?

a MAX following ghost waypoints to fly an arc would be a little embarassing considering the - apart from that - overall top notch quality 

Edited by Ephedrin

A new release of the 737 absolutely has to happen for 3 reasons:

1. Only PMDG Boeing for short to medium haul

2. Only PMDG aircraft with a heads-up display

3. Only PMDG aircraft with a huge, glaring, issue that's right there in front of you every single second (you know what i'm talking about)

I, for one, as much as i loved the look of the MD-11, would much prefer to see an update to the 737, even if it is just the NG or just the MAX.

Cristi Neagu

Only PMDG aircraft with a huge, glaring, issue that's right there in front of you every single second (you know what i'm talking about)

Don't forget the lack of split scimitar winglets. I mean, it's borderline unflyable knowing that the "drop down" part of the winglet is missing :rolleyes:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

41 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Don't forget the lack of split scimitar winglets. I mean, it's borderline unflyable knowing that the "drop down" part of the winglet is missing :rolleyes:

Really? That's a bit extreme, isn't it? 🙂

Anyway - for me personally (with regards to the NG3):

• Corrected cockpit geometry (although not a big thing for me!)
  • Split Scimitar winglets.
  • LED lighting (Nav, strobes, landing etc...)
  • PMDG RainMaker
  • Integrated EFB (if possible)
Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

That's a bit unfair considering:

1. It's not like *all* 737NGs ever made had split scimitar winglets and PMDG chose to not model that feature, just like no 737NG ever made has that cockpit geometry

2. The winglet variants had different flight models to the non winglet ones, so split scimitar winglets would actually make a difference.

In any case, this isn't about "The plane is unflyable with that geometry!" It's hard to notice, doesn't affect things much, and it's there for a good reason. What i'm trying to say is that it's a crying shame that the only model of a 737 (the most widely used jet airliner ever) made by PMDG (a company that prides itself with the quality and accuracy of its products) has such a flaw. The 737 has just as much of a prestigious status as the 747, if not more so. And we've had 3 versions of the 747 but only one 737. As good as that model still is, it would be a shame to draw a line and call it done.

That's my opinion. In any case, the argument is irrelevant. PMDG are making a new version of the 737, and i'm really happy that they are. And even if they decided not to, i can complain about it all i want, it won't change things.

Cristi Neagu