Sign in to follow this  
ark

Flight1 GTN750 and P3Dv4.3 Problems

A friend and I are both having the same problems with the Flight1 GTN 750 in P3Dv4.3.

If the GTN 750 is popped-up into a 2D panel – everything works as expected and responds to a single click.

However, when the GTN 750 is in the VC panel, we get the following behavior in the Lear35 and MU-2B.  Unfortunately, I don't have any non-FSW P3Dv4.3 a/c with the GTN 750 in the panel to test.

With the GTN750 in the VC panel, if with the mouse I:

• Hold the Home button down  – nothing happens. The GTN 750 should go to the Map page.
  • Single click the Home button - nothing happens. The GTN 750 should go to the Home page.
  • Double click the Home button – most of the time the GTN 750 goes to the Home page, but it should not take two clicks.  Sometimes nothing happens.
  • Single click on the Direct To button – nothing happens except maybe one or two times out of 30 or 40 clicks it will open the Direct To box on a single click as it should.
  • Double click on the Direct To button  – most of the time it will open the Direct To box, but it should not take two clicks.  Sometimes nothing happens.
  • Click once on any symbol on the Home page the GTN 750 goes to the correct page.
  • Click once on the Cancel / Return button the GTN 750 goes back to the correct spot.
  • So the problem seems to be with just the Home and Direct To buttons.

P3Dv4.3 is the only version of P3D that I have to test. In FSX and FSX-SE, the GTN 750 works as expected almost all the time.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled P3Dv4.3, the GTN 750, the Garmin Trainer, and the Lear35 -- nothing has helped.

Is anyone having, or not having, similar problems with the GTN750 in P3Dv4.3?  If so, with what aircraft?  Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

I should add to the above that I am using Win10. I've had a suggestion that the problem could be related to a Win10 - P3Dv4.3 issue of some type.

So if anyone with a Win10 system and a GTN 750 equipped aircraft in P3Dv4.3 could test the Home and Direct To buttons that would be really helpful.

Thx,

Al

Hi !

Same problem for me with the "Direct to"in both the 750 and 650(Complete series)! Works only in 2D panel.

Regards

Edited by Pat Mussotte

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

7 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Hi !

Same problem for me with the "Direct to"in both the 750 and 650(Complete series)! Works only in 2D panel.

Regards

Hi Pat,

Thanks very much for the feedback. Does the 'Home' button work correctly for you in P3Dv4.3  -- i.e.,with the GTN 750 in the VC panel, it takes you to the Home page with a single click, and to the Map page if you hold it down?

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

I'm running Windows 7 Home, so don't know if this relevant at all.  I have had similar problems as you describe with the GTN750/650 combination in the past, and discovered that they seemed to occur only after having used the computer for something other than flight simming, surfing the web, for example.  On cold starts and directly loading up P3D, there were no problems.  So from then on, if I want to sim, I do so without running any other program which is not related to flight simming.  Loading up weather, Little Nav Map, etc., has no effect on the functionality of the GTNs, of course.

Cheers!

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

After much deliberation I upgraded to the P3D v4.3 version (F1GTN Complete), After installation it seemed to work fine whilst at the airport, then after takeoff it got more and more difficult to access the screens and the sim started pausing every 20 seconds or so, this went on for an hour then the PC locked up solid. I flew the same route without the GTN and everything was fine (Aircraft was the A2A Bonanza V35B). I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Oh and I should mention, I did re-install it, but the same thing keeps happening in all the aircraft I use it with.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, ark said:

Hi Pat,

Thanks very much for the feedback. Does the 'Home' button work correctly for you in P3Dv4.3  -- i.e.,with the GTN 750 in the VC panel, it takes you to the Home page with a single click, and to the Map page if you hold it down?

Thx,

Al

I tried it in the A2A Bonanza and this time the "Direct to" and "Home" worked fine for both GTN, so I tried the Milviz DHC3T and this time I had to switch to 2D panels to get them working properly. Very strange!

Cheers

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

4 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

After much deliberation I upgraded to the P3D v4.3 version (F1GTN Complete), After installation it seemed to work fine whilst at the airport, then after takeoff it got more and more difficult to access the screens and the sim started pausing every 20 seconds or so, this went on for an hour then the PC locked up solid. I flew the same route without the GTN and everything was fine (Aircraft was the A2A Bonanza V35B). I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Oh and I should mention, I did re-install it, but the same thing keeps happening in all the aircraft I use it with.

The default core is normally the last core or auto, try changing it to run on all cores.

bob

1 hour ago, onebob said:

The default core is normally the last core or auto, try changing it to run on all cores.

I believe Flight1 recommends an 'All' core setting for the GTN 750, but from reading the Flight1 forums it seems what works best depends on each particular system. I currently am trying the GTN 750 core setting of  'Last Two Cores' since the Task Manager Resource Monitor shows less loading on these cores when P3Dv4 is running on my system  (4 core I5 CPU). So one has to experiment a bit to see what core setting works best for their system.

Regarding the GTN 750 Home and Direct To keys, there does seem to be an issue with P3Dv4.3 that cuts across a variety of aircraft. I have a post about this on the Flight1 support forum at  https://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-complete-v2-06-p3d-v4-3-support_topic60289.html  but there has not been a response from Flight1 at this point. Hopefully others will post with a similar problem and Flight1 will take a look at the issue.

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, Pat Mussotte said:

I tried it in the A2A Bonanza and this time the "Direct to" and "Home" worked fine for both GTN, so I tried the Milviz DHC3T and this time I had to switch to 2D panels to get them working properly. Very strange! 

Cheers

Thanks for the info Pat. Your experience shows that the problem is somewhat general in that it involves aircraft from more than one developer, which is very helpful to know.

Al

I'm having the same issue in 2D mode and also when in VR mode with the Oculus Rift.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

6 hours ago, onebob said:

bob

I'm with Bob here.  I have the GTNs running on all cores.  Let Win decide which core to use.  I should also add I'm running hyper threading on a 4-core i7 4790K with *no* affinity mask, just so you know how my system is set up.

Edited by StewartH

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Flysimware ran some tests with dual GTN 750s in the Lear 35 and found:

In FSX under Win10, the GTN 750s worked as expected.

In P3Dv4.3 under Win7, the GTN 750s worked as expected.

But in P3Dv4.3 under Win10, the GTN 750s did NOT work as expected, but rather the Home and Direct-To buttons had the same problems as I described above (except for the Direct-To button on the second GTN 750 which worked as expected).

Al

Hi guys!

At this moment my solution to get these buttons working is to click several times(3 to 4) on them, just 1 click and the button doesn't work.

Cheers

Edited by Pat Mussotte

Patrick Mussotte